Jayden Okunbor to appeal NRL deregistration for schoolgirl sex scandal

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@utility half when you coming back mate? Been waiting for you to come back and destroy this thread. I've set everything up so you better hit this out of the park mate! Hurry though as it's bloody late over here :(
I actually owe @utility half lunch.
Staunch defender of Adam Elliott and was calling for his re-signing.
I think Elliott is a really good guy and does great work in the community (yes, some will bring up Mad Monday and probably leave an ❌ in the process).
I did however say that I didn't agree with re-signing him but in our two games this year he was very good. Credit where it's due and I'll absolutely wear that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You seem to think it’s ok to call someone seedy but get offended when you embellish stories using your own imagined scenarios.
Why should you be treated better than what you think others deserve.
Honestly, there is no point arguing with someone who ignores reality, or incorrectly accuses someone of making things up without being aware of the facts at hand. If you think the message exchange didn't happen, you are willfully ignorant, because it has been all over the media and screenshots and links have just been shared on this thread. If you think the exchange wasn't seedy, you need to examine your own morals and values. Now kindly piss off and stop wasting my time with arguments that are clearly factually inaccurate.

@Tassie Devil thanks for saving me the trouble of proving this clown wrong.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I actually owe @utility half lunch.
Staunch defender of Adam Elliott and was calling for his re-signing.
I think Elliott is a really good guy and does great work in the community (yes, some will bring up Mad Monday and probably leave an ❌ in the process).
I did however say that I didn't agree with re-signing him but in our two games this year he was very good. Credit where it's due and I'll absolutely wear that.
Neil Diamond is clearly Superman's cryptonite.....lol. Thanks mate. Yes, he fucked up on Mad Monday, but the club was kind of to blame for creating the environment which allowed this to occur...and Pay and some other staff members were actually there egging him on. He is also far from the first player to do something stupid on Mad Monday, which encourages drinking to ridiculous excess and therefore encourages stupid decision making and probably belongs in a past era. The guidelines Okunbor and CHN breached were extremely clear and they were both aware of their professional obligations. The rules about bringing women or girls back to hotels is in place for a very good reason and no player (particularly from the dogs) should be risking the club's reputation by breaking it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@utility half when you coming back mate? Been waiting for you to come back and destroy this thread. I've set everything up so you better hit this out of the park mate! Hurry though as it's bloody late over here :(
Lol sorry mate, I'm working from home, so I'm a bit tardy....but I think you did a pretty good job of dropping the mic with those links you shared. Cheers.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly, there is no point arguing with someone who ignores reality, or incorrectly accuses someone of making things up without being aware of the facts at hand. If you think the message exchange didn't happen, you are willfully ignorant, because it has been all over the media and screenshots and links have just been shared on this thread. If you think the exchange wasn't seedy, you need to examine your own morals and values. Now kindly piss off and stop wasting my time with arguments that are clearly factually inaccurate.

@Tassie Devil thanks for saving me the trouble of proving this clown wrong.
Oh shut up the baby is awake, stop crying. I believe the text messages exist however the other crap asking for pictures is fake.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh shut up the baby is awake, stop crying. I believe the text messages exist however the other crap asking for pictures is fake.
Nobody crying here. I'm just pointing out that you are wrong. You don't think the media has a responsibility to check sources and verify authenticity of stuff like this? Or that had the screenshots been doctored, we would have heard from Okunbor and his legal team by now? I'll tell you what, if it turns out the screenshots were doctored, I'll offer both you and Okunbor an apology..... until then, you're drawing a very long bow.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Neil Diamond is clearly Superman's cryptonite.....lol. Thanks mate. Yes, he fucked up on Mad Monday, but the club was kind of to blame for creating the environment which allowed this to occur...and Pay and some other staff members were actually there egging him on. He is also far from the first player to do something stupid on Mad Monday, which encourages drinking to ridiculous excess and therefore encourages stupid decision making and probably belongs in a past era. The guidelines Okunbor and CHN breached were extremely clear and they were both aware of their professional obligations. The rules about bringing women or girls back to hotels is in place for a very good reason and no player (particularly from the dogs) should be risking the club's reputation by breaking it.
Couldn't agree more mate. I've said many times on here that Dean shouldn't have been at Mad Monday or the staff who were there should've hosed things down when they started to heat up.
The club absolutely has to (and did) wear some of that blame - hence no 2019 MM function.
Yeah, I know mate - lots of other indiscretions and many of the users on here like to lump them all together - disregarding the difference between civil and criminal matters. But that's keyboard warriors for you - at least it's a good laugh :-).
And we're 100% aligned on the Port Macquarie incident too - looks like it's going to be a pleasant lunch! :-).
Cheers mate.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually wonder what legal basis the media have for getting their hands on these supposedly private messages.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I actually wonder what legal basis the media have for getting their hands on these supposedly private messages.
They were apparently leaked by a friend of the student.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good point actually. Could JO go after those newspapers that published them? Tho so so many did I'd say there was some legal basis that they could publish them?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were apparently leaked by a friend of the student.
Doesn't explain the fact that some of the messages appear to be from the phone Okunbor owned. I'm sure he didn't sell them. The media have faced penalties (albeit minor ones) for hacking private data before. Given that this scandal was probably a big money maker, it wouldn't surprise me if they've hacked phones again.

Good point actually. Could JO go after those newspapers that published them? Tho so so many did I'd say there was some legal basis that they could publish them?
I'd hope so for the simple fact that I think people's private messages and communication shouldn't be available for use as a moneymaking tool for the scum that label themselves as journalists these days.

I honestly don't think that both players acted with good morals. But the only rules they broke were behavioral rules the club set. The usual punishments for first offences are generally warnings and maybe minor suspensions. The punishment they're facing is not in line with that. Their punishment is based on the soap box preaching that the media have perpetuated. I hope the club has recorded that these punishments were the NRL admins determinations or we may be liable for payouts in the not too distant future. I couldn't give two shits if the NRL wind up out of pocket for their reactionary punishment. But I really hope the club has approached this from a smart angle.

I fully expect both players to be picked up by other clubs in short order and the NRL will happily register their contracts if either player uses a lawyer that has any ability.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Doesn't explain the fact that some of the messages appear to be from the phone Okunbor owned. I'm sure he didn't sell them. The media have faced penalties (albeit minor ones) for hacking private data before. Given that this scandal was probably a big money maker, it wouldn't surprise me if they've hacked phones again.
I don't use Insta. Is it not normal for the contact's name to be featured at the top of the screen rather than the user of the phone? I'd be surprised if it was hacked, tbh. The SMH isn't a paper known for doing things like that and if that had been the case, I'd imagine we'd have heard about it. Seems more like a deflection from the central point to me.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I'd hope so for the simple fact that I think people's private messages and communication shouldn't be available for use as a moneymaking tool for the scum that label themselves as journalists these days.

I honestly don't think that both players acted with good morals. But the only rules they broke were behavioral rules the club set. The usual punishments for first offences are generally warnings and maybe minor suspensions. The punishment they're facing is not in line with that. Their punishment is based on the soap box preaching that the media have perpetuated. I hope the club has recorded that these punishments were the NRL admins determinations or we may be liable for payouts in the not too distant future. I couldn't give two shits if the NRL wind up out of pocket for their reactionary punishment. But I really hope the club has approached this from a smart angle.

I fully expect both players to be picked up by other clubs in short order and the NRL will happily register their contracts if either player uses a lawyer that has any ability.
Agree about JO and think he should look to start legal proceedings against those publications. Tho I don't know any of the legal grounds he could do it on.

As for the rest ... Done the whole legal/illegal thing to death so will let that through to the keeper. Don't agree tho that the NRL will happily re-register them so quickly. I think they'd be extremely reluctant to do it as it'd look unbelievably weak as an organisation.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't use Insta. Is it not normal for the contact's name to be featured at the top of the screen rather than the user of the phone? I'd be surprised if it was hacked, tbh. The SMH isn't a paper known for doing things like that and if that had been the case, I'd imagine we'd have heard about it. Seems more like a deflection from the central point to me.
There's absolutely no way it's a hack. No way. It's Snapchat btw

So many papers have picked up on this there's simply no way they're hacked.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting but expected next step from JO. This is his livelihood so of course wouldn't want to go down without a fight. Who can blame him for at least trying?

Strange there's nothing on CHN on this but no doubt his appeal will follow which is only fair. They've got the right to do it and good luck to them.

It's not what the club needs but at same time they need to acknowledge that the players have every right to do it and support them in whichever way they can.

Will he win his appeal? I'd be surprised considering how much the NRL and club has put into this including extending their hearing time. What result do I want? The right one, which I believe the club and NRL has made
Read an article today in which it is stated that CHN will /has also appealed the decision...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Read an article today in which it is stated that CHN will /has also appealed the decision...
Good luck to him and I really mean that. It seems the NRL and club have pretty strong cases against both players so can only imagine any appeal won't be successful. But they're well within their rights to appeal so we'll see how it goes

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good luck to him and I really mean that. It seems the NRL and club have pretty strong cases against both players so can only imagine any appeal won't be successful. But they're well within their rights to appeal so we'll see how it goes
On the face of it legally nothing wrong but against code of conduct for club and game. I sort of think there must be things to which we are not privy. It guess it would depend how watertight the contracts are in relation to the code of conduct because from the outside looking in and reading what OP have said nothing criminal.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh! OK. That's why I can't see posts as I've blocked him. Got ya.

And ... Estonian Puppy Dog is Nasheed from what I gathered before? Fuck there's so much shit I don't know or get on this page. Why is it so complicated?
lol I was never puppy dog. There is no evidence of that at all.
Mr invisible reacted to a troll who made it up and didn't consult me, and invisible later got in shit for it.
My memory of puppy dog was just a Bulldogs supporter in Tallinn who wanted to say hi.
Dinkum just angry because he keeps getting owned by a hood rat from the area named Nasheed.
Metallica have a song about this;

'You just stood there screaming
Fearing no one was listening to you
They say the empty can rattles the most
The sound of your voice must soothe you
Hearing only what you want to hear
And knowing only what you've heard
You you're smothered in tragedy
And you're up to save the world'