Jayden Okunbor to appeal NRL deregistration for schoolgirl sex scandal

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey, what's everyone's opinion.... If say James tedesco or someone similar to his image/reputation had done this is there a different outcome??
I've said before if CHN and Okunbor were established first graders in a successful team. A lesser punishment would be handed out.

Since we are a bottom 4 team the club can't sweep these things aside so easily.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I say good luck to him. I don't agree with his actions. All they need to do is bring out about 20 different things in the last few years that players have done with little to no penalties and ask the consistency question. Make the NRL accountable for making it up as they go. Fuk the NRL.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Can you tell me why the condemnation of JO and not CHN. How is it different if they were both "SchoolGirls", is you view obscured because you feel the CHN is more valued as a player.
As I said, I think the sanctions were fair against both players.... and I was actually a fan of Okunbor. As a player he had faults, but also a pretty substantial upside.... not dissimilar to CHN.

What makes his transgression even worse in my eyes is that a) he actually visited a school as a representative of the club and league and and hooked up with a student from that school right after visiting, which is an even greater breach of his professional responsibilities than breaking the team hotel rule .... and b) he sent that student a thirsty request for topless photos and requesting nude or semi nude photos from someone under the age of 18 is not only seedy, it’s actually technically illegal under Australian law.

Unless that whole social media exchange was a figment of my imagination and never actually took place, Okunbor’s transgression was objectively worse.... and no, that doesn’t mean I’m of the opinion CHN’s behaviour was acceptable or that he should still be with the club.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting but expected next step from JO. This is his livelihood so of course wouldn't want to go down without a fight. Who can blame him for at least trying?

Strange there's nothing on CHN on this but no doubt his appeal will follow which is only fair. They've got the right to do it and good luck to them.

It's not what the club needs but at same time they need to acknowledge that the players have every right to do it and support them in whichever way they can.

Will he win his appeal? I'd be surprised considering how much the NRL and club has put into this including extending their hearing time. What result do I want? The right one, which I believe the club and NRL has made
I have it on good authority CHN will be back with us next year. JO has been let go. Hence why CHN not appealing his sentence. Club couldn't be seen to differentiate so accepted NRL's call.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have it on good authority CHN will be back with us next year. JO has been let go. Hence why CHN not appealing his sentence. Club couldn't be seen to differentiate so accepted NRL's call.
So club has to appeal or request NRL to register a contract for 2021 for CHN? How would that work if both have the same sanction but the club wants one player back in 2021?

Malla

Reaction score
He’s appealing because he has another club lined up that will sign him ASAP.
CHN will be back at Panthers too

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he should say that he was wearing a robe so he couldn't have done it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So club has to appeal or request NRL to register a contract for 2021 for CHN? How would that work if both have the same sanction but the club wants one player back in 2021?
Yes. Doesn't add up to me but happy for everyone on here to speculate about what's going to happen.

Personally more interested in how we're going to fare this season and what players we can potentially pick up in their places. Each to their own tho

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I said, I think the sanctions were fair against both players.... and I was actually a fan of Okunbor. As a player he had faults, but also a pretty substantial upside.... not dissimilar to CHN.

What makes his transgression even worse in my eyes is that a) he actually visited a school as a representative of the club and league and and hooked up with a student from that school right after visiting, which is an even greater breach of his professional responsibilities than breaking the team hotel rule .... and b) he sent that student a thirsty request for topless photos and requesting nude or semi nude photos from someone under the age of 18 is not only seedy, it’s actually technically illegal under Australian law.

Unless that whole social media exchange was a figment of my imagination and never actually took place, Okunbor’s transgression was objectively worse.... and no, that doesn’t mean I’m of the opinion CHN’s behaviour was acceptable or that he should still be with the club.
That’s fine that you feel as many do the fact he visited the same school as the girl makes his actions worse however it was she who contacted him and asked to meet. With your point (b) that looks more like something that was played out in your Seedy mind, so as you said without that transgression it’s not objectively worse.
And to finish it off in law you either commit an illegal act or not, nothing that occurred was “technically illegal” only that it was distasteful.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s fine that you feel as many do the fact he visited the same school as the girl makes his actions worse however it was she who contacted him and asked to meet. With your point (b) that looks more like something that was played out in your Seedy mind, so as you said without that transgression it’s not objectively worse.
And to finish it off in law you either commit an illegal act or not, nothing that occurred was “technically illegal” only that it was distasteful.
WTF are you talking about? Firstly don’t call me seedy. Screenshots of the request and conversation were published in the media and are available for all to see.... it happened.

Yes she contacted him.... but he was the one checking out her profile and then he asked For topless photos.

https://www.getthefacts.health.wa.gov.au/keeping-safe/sexting

The law is pretty clear, so next time before attacking someone, familiarise yourself with the facts.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? Firstly don’t call me seedy. Screenshots of the request and conversation were published in the media and are available for all to see.... it happened.

Yes she contacted him.... but he was the one checking out her profile and then he asked For topless photos.

The law is pretty clear, so next time before attacking someone, familiarise yourself with the facts.
Calm down buddy, I think you need to take your own advice and fact check. No law was broken.

There is not one single article published that has what you claim transpired.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

You seem to think it’s ok to call someone seedy but get offended when you embellish stories using your own imagined scenarios.
Why should you be treated better than what you think others deserve.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Must be 200%! So good you praised the Estonian Puppy Dog's post twice!
So Max, are you going for the record of how many ❌'s you can throw out in a day?
You blokes couldn't stir a wok. Thanks for the laughs anyway :-).
That record belongs to a bunch of wankers that are banned now.

So much nicer here when pieces of shit get flushed away.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You seem to think it’s ok to call someone seedy but get offended when you embellish stories using your own imagined scenarios.
Why should you be treated better than what you think others deserve.
Without wanting to get involved ... I think the above backs up @utilityhalf in what he was saying. If anything, he wasn't 'seedy' enough in the way you described him as he didn't mention how JO states "Oh word I f*** with that" ....

By all means you two continue your discussion but ... I'm not sure you're right @Superuber in your attempt to downplay what utlityhalf is saying. As I said though, the beef is between you two. Maybe now with all the facts out you can discuss it without the bullshit ... ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That record belongs to a bunch of wankers that are banned now.

So much nicer here when pieces of shit get flushed away.
They'll be back soon enough mate. Each to their own but I personally liked those "pieces of shit" and hope they haven't taken the trip to bondi for ever ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They'll be back soon enough mate. Each to their own but I personally liked those "pieces of shit" and hope they haven't taken the trip to bondi for ever ;)
Well hopefully one went straight to the glue factory.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well hopefully one went straight to the glue factory.
Haha nothing wrong with the glue factory mate. In fact, I lost a few braincells there back in the days sniffing that shit.

Personally I'm going to hold a party on here when my long-lost brothers return. It was hard enough being without @youoboys for the past week or so!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haha nothing wrong with the glue factory mate. In fact, I lost a few braincells there back in the days sniffing that shit.

Personally I'm going to hold a party on here when my long-lost brothers return. It was hard enough being without @youoboys for the past week or so!
Where is your alternate personality gone?

I was just getting used to his trolling lol