Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't think we should get rid of him. I think he could be a game breaker off the bench like Barba was.

He could be a huge X-Factor off the bench. At the end of the year we can re-evaluate.
Off the bench for what though? Nah he should start at fb at least to try him there

A

Alexander the Great

How desperate can i club be? Honestly.
They wont win a grand final for at least another 50 years.
Degenerate club supported by degenerate supporters.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ever the fuk your on I want some lmao str8 out....
NRL contracts start the first 1 November and they are paid monthly in advance so Hanye has already paid by the Titans month of his salary which should 100k that why he was released on 30 November. If they waited one more day it would cost the Titan another month pay.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking i had the name wrong when i wrote this. I often get them mixed up. Lol
I hear what your saying, but how can the NRL register a contract of half of his current contract, which he is signed to for the following season, and allow him to play for another team?? Thats just rediculous!!
Easy. The Gold Coast Titans is owned by the NRL & Hayne is bad for business, so they looked the other way to get him out of their hair. It is just more NRL corruption. Seriously, how can a club who has just been seriously busted for salary cap infractions be allowed to sign a player who was on $1.2M at GCT for $500K. Doesn't that raise the eyebrows of anybody at NRL headquarters?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly I want see Hayne back to his best. Hayne 09 and Barba 2012 were 2 of the most exciting players I have watched in the last 10 years. Both grubs but Im not watching the game because I enjoy the subversive tactics of CS9 or the QLD grubs. Hayne and Barba at their best played the game not the refs and thats what I want to see the most.

Aside from that Hayne has alot of hate coming from all fronts and I think alot of it is over the top and a bit personal. Clubs dog players (case in point Canterbury) just as much as players dog clubs and I cant blame players for looking out for their own interests and dreams. Ideally loyalty would take precedent but one bad season and clubs and fans will turn on you. Reality, players are chasing dollars and premierships...some are just trying to keep the dream alive or ongoing whilst being a provider for their children. Kudos to them *****.

And in extreme circumstances players will make a sacrifice when needed for the betterment of their family situation. I cant hate on Hayne or Barba or any **** because they put family 1st.

It may not be true, it could be a convenient excuse. But im not about to delve into it, my motivation for watching league is entertainment via exciting on field play, not the soap opera that the media wants everybody to buy into.
I seriously question whether Barba TRULLY put family first when leaving the dogs. I think he was given some of Andrew Gee's best.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The market value thing is absolute bs though. If a player is happy to sign for a certain amount then let him sign for that.
Yep, that's what the Roosters do & pay heaps in brown paper bags. It's fair isn't it?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's another issue though. The NRL needs to do a better job of managing and policing the salary cap instead of coming up with some stupid Market Value system that does very little to actually stop these outside payments. Who even determines a players worth?

At the end of the day this Market Value system cost the NRL one of it's biggest stars in Folau who then went on to be THE biggeat star for the ARU. The NRL just gifted the ARU Izzy, absolute idiots lol.
I go back to my old chestnut of a points system. It's the ONLY fair way.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, but what if Hayne was getting $700k in salary and $600k in TPAs with the Titans and now he is getting $800k from Parra with another $500k in TPA's? The problem is we don't know what he is getting. The NRL does, Parra does, hopefully Hayne does, but we don't. Do we have a right to know? Well, it would be nice from a voyeurs perspective but realistically as long as the systems are in place who really cares? Let's face it, even if they publish the cap figures for every player there will still be a thousand ways they can hide additional money and we won't be any better off. I can remember the days of rorting the residential rule, the $2k sign on and $200 a win days and all the others. Unless you use robots someone will always be looking for a rort.
If you have a points system it cannot be rorted.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I go back to my old chestnut of a points system. It's the ONLY fair way.
Why does it need to be fair? We don't even have a real home and away draw, so whats the point of a cap? Why are the clubs with more money held back by the clubs with less money? Why can't the better run clubs spend what they have?

I don't see how a points system would work anyway tbh. It will just create more problems and frustration. Ranking players just wouldn't work as it could be manipulated by individuals just like pretty much every other system.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So another article somewhere tells us he signed for 500k. Question is what happened to market value to stop clubs stacking their teams? He was on 1.2 mil at Titans and now 500k at Parra. Remember this market value thing prevented Folau to return to RL yet now Hayne and Parra can do this?? Anyone?
Think Paul Kent summed it up. NRL happy for Titans to let him go from being on 1.2 mill per year to be more appealing to a prospective buyer.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Easy. The Gold Coast Titans is owned by the NRL & Hayne is bad for business, so they looked the other way to get him out of their hair. It is just more NRL corruption. Seriously, how can a club who has just been seriously busted for salary cap infractions be allowed to sign a player who was on $1.2M at GCT for $500K. Doesn't that raise the eyebrows of anybody at NRL headquarters?
Just another example of how the NRL "salary cap" without a draft is just totally corrupt.

I can't imagine that anybody has faith in the NRL salary cap.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeas it can. They can still offer them overs to sign. Paper bag overs.
Regardless of what they pay and how they did it, the points can't be rorted if they are transparently allocated based on criteria. So long as they are not determined by actual contract values. Paper bags then become irrelevant.

You can even limit the number of elite players per club by limiting the number of top rated players that can sign. E.g. if 10 points for Smith or Cronk then the points could stop you getting more than 2 or 3 of these players.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its not going to be like last time though, im confident they can avoid the wooden spoon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Regardless of what they pay and how they did it, the points can't be rorted if they are transparently allocated based on criteria. So long as they are not determined by actual contract values. Paper bags then become irrelevant.

You can even limit the number of elite players per club by limiting the number of top rated players that can sign. E.g. if 10 points for Smith or Cronk then the points could stop you getting more than 2 or 3 of these players.
A points system is a terrible idea though. Who decides what a players worth? How often are points updated? Are rep players worth more? What if players refuse rep duty? What if clubs have an influx of rep players and it tears the team apart? What if players and clubs start tanking to manipulate the points system? I could go on.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol at people trying to control where a person plays or what a player is worth. Your boss is allowed to pay you whatever they want and it should be the same in rugby league.

Also the people making jokes about Brad Arthur getting sacked must of forgotten that Brad Arthur coach Jarryd Hayne in 2014 when Hayne won the Dally M award. That means Brad Arthur knows how to get the best out of Hayne.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why does it need to be fair? We don't even have a real home and away draw, so whats the point of a cap? Why are the clubs with more money held back by the clubs with less money? Why can't the better run clubs spend what they have?

I don't see how a points system would work anyway tbh. It will just create more problems and frustration. Ranking players just wouldn't work as it could be manipulated by individuals just like pretty much every other system.
Don't let your kids have your password!

It has to be fair otherwise we will end up with 4 clubs & it will not be worth watching for most fans as their club won't have a chance at winning anytime soon.

A points system is something that even fans could audit. The only ones that could rort it would be rep coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.