Jarryd Hayne signs with eels for 2018 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce the signing of Jarryd Hayne for the 2018 season.

Jarryd has today expressed excitement at the prospect of returning to the Club he supported as a child and resuming a relationship with our players, Members and fans.

“As I said yesterday, my decision to return to Sydney wasn’t taken lightly so I am grateful that Brad and the Eels have offered me the opportunity to return to the Club,” Hayne said.

“Eels Members and fans have been behind me throughout my career and I want to use this second chance to repay that faith and support.”

“I look forward to returning to training in early January 2018 and am keen to work hard and play my part for the team in building on last year’s finals run.”

Parramatta Eels CEO Bernie Gurr said that the Club was pleased that one of its most talented local juniors has returned home.

“Jarryd started playing for our Club as a 15 year old, so we are pleased that he now has the opportunity to return and be part of a strong squad and playing culture that Brad Arthur has developed over the past few seasons.” Gurr said.

“From speaking with Jarryd, he is keen to join his teammates in early January and is committed to working with Brad and our players to build on our excellent 2017 season. Jarryd’s abilities will strengthen our 2018 player roster and we look forward to again seeing Jarryd in the Blue & Gold”.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jarryd liked being at the Eels because he was a big fish in a small pond and could do what he wanted without any discipline. Now that the Eels have a decent side its going to be hard for him to be a diva again and get away with it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gutherson is finished. Hayne is a stop gap that could turn out really well for Parramatta. If he gets his attitude right the Eels spine looks very strong.

French is a lightweight. No wonder Arthur signed Hayne, he is better than both of those players combined.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the fuck do the eels have a casual mil in their cap to sign him??!! Just like how the fuck did the roosters sign cronk. Its a fucking joke.
And fuck Jaryd Hayne. Gets Elliot aacked and then ditches the team. I actually expect the titans to be a better team without him. Its a shame they let Tyrone Roberts go, he would have slotted in nicely for them at fb. Perhaps the Titans should sue Hayne for making them let Roberts go a la Hasler.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck do the eels have a casual mil in their cap to sign him??!! Just like how the fuck did the roosters sign cronk. Its a fucking joke.
And fuck Jaryd Hayne. Gets Elliot aacked and then ditches the team. I actually expect the titans to be a better team without him. Its a shame they let Tyrone Roberts go, he would have slotted in nicely for them at fb. Perhaps the Titans should sue Hayne for making them let Roberts go a la Hasler.
He got Neil Henry sacked, and I think if you read the articles doing the rounds he signed on half of what he was on at the tits, not defending the bloke but I think he would be massive for the eels if they all buy in to one, it could turn out to ways one either they all gel or he sets of disharmony among the other players especially the outside backs, I read a couple weeks ago gutho and a few others stating to the media that they don’t need Hayne.

Vagabond

flumshma
Reaction score
Did Arthur really want him back into the team?

Or did the board force him to accept that?

I'm struggling to see why would Arthur want him given the surplus in the fullbacks and the fact that Hayne is a poor trainer and a general drama queen that loves bring things out to the media rather than resolving internally.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should we start taking bets on when Brad Arthur is sacked.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gutherson is finished. Hayne is a stop gap that could turn out really well for Parramatta. If he gets his attitude right the Eels spine looks very strong.

French is a lightweight. No wonder Arthur signed Hayne, he is better than both of those players combined.
Did you see any titans games last year Hayne was completely woeful.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He got Neil Henry sacked, and I think if you read the articles doing the rounds he signed on half of what he was on at the tits, not defending the bloke but I think he would be massive for the eels if they all buy in to one, it could turn out to ways one either they all gel or he sets of disharmony among the other players especially the outside backs, I read a couple weeks ago gutho and a few others stating to the media that they don’t need Hayne.
He has sign for half he was go the hayne has been paid his 80k a month for 2 months of his contract

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking i had the name wrong when i wrote this. I often get them mixed up. Lol
I hear what your saying, but how can the NRL register a contract of half of his current contract, which he is signed to for the following season, and allow him to play for another team?? Thats just rediculous!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did you see any titans games last year Hayne was completely woeful.
Titans are a basket case though, he looked decent for Fiji but then again maybe he still has some passion or desire to actually turn up for them. Last time he was at Parra he carried them, this time around they have a strong pack and a quality halves pairing. Losing Radradra is a massive blow so they need attacking flair and someone who can create something out of nothing.

Our situation with Foran is similar (minus the massive ego) we are hoping he will rediscover some form and in the right environment I think both of them will.

They just signed Tony Williams. How do they have money left for Hayne? LOL
I think they used the Broncos retirement loophole. Mannah retired so that freed up atleast two million.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Titans are a basket case though, he looked decent for Fiji but then again maybe he still has some passion or desire to actually turn up for them. Last time he was at Parra he carried them, this time around they have a strong pack and a quality halves pairing. Losing Radradra is a massive blow so they need attacking flair and someone who can create something out of nothing.

Our situation with Foran is similar (minus the massive ego) we are hoping he will rediscover some form and in the right environment I think both of them will.

I think they used the Broncos retirement loophole. Mannah retired so that freed up atleast two million.
Foran is busted, Hayne's just a **** lol.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran is busted, Hayne's just a **** lol.
It's insane how these ego maniacs keep getting contracts. Hayne is a massive grub but I can understand why Parra got him back.

Not enough young players coming through, the NRL revolving door continues. Reminds me of the latest manager shuffle in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.