Jarryd Hayne signs with eels for 2018 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A points system is a terrible idea though. Who decides what a players worth? How often are points updated? Are rep players worth more? What if players refuse rep duty? What if clubs have an influx of rep players and it tears the team apart? What if players and clubs start tanking to manipulate the points system? I could go on.
A suggested points system should go something like this:

- 5 points for first grade experience, junior Aust, NZ or Eng player + an additional 5 points for

every 50 NRL games.

- 2 points for every City or Country representation (if you do not play this form of

representative football you would lose one point after 12 months and the other point if you

do not represent in two consecutive years.

- 10 points for every State of Origin game or international game outside NZ, Aust & Eng

- 20 points for every international game (for NZ, Aust & Eng)

Now if you haven't played a SOO game for 12 months you get a 20% discount, 2 years 40% etc & so after 5 years of not playing SOO these points would no longer count towards the cap. The same would apply to test level.

You could include discounts for local juniors & long serving players.

A points system is decided upon & then given say 4 years to come in to allow for existing contracts. Points are updated annually. If a player refuses rep duty, then he is still considered a rep player for the sake of the points system. A team could not sign an influx of rep players under this system as that would take them over the cap. The only way to manipulate this is by rep coaches & 1st grade coaches dropping players.

I am not saying this is a perfect system, but it is a starting point with greater minds than mind can upgrade.

Under your system, we end up with 4 clubs & many fans leaving the game, which they are doing now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A suggested points system should go something like this:

- 5 points for first grade experience, junior Aust, NZ or Eng player + an additional 5 points for

every 50 NRL games.

- 2 points for every City or Country representation (if you do not play this form of

representative football you would lose one point after 12 months and the other point if you

do not represent in two consecutive years.

- 10 points for every State of Origin game or international game outside NZ, Aust & Eng

- 20 points for every international game (for NZ, Aust & Eng)

Now if you haven't played a SOO game for 12 months you get a 20% discount, 2 years 40% etc & so after 5 years of not playing SOO these points would no longer count towards the cap. The same would apply to test level.

You could include discounts for local juniors & long serving players.

A points system is decided upon & then given say 4 years to come in to allow for existing contracts. Points are updated annually. If a player refuses rep duty, then he is still considered a rep player for the sake of the points system. A team could not sign an influx of rep players under this system as that would take them over the cap. The only way to manipulate this is by rep coaches & 1st grade coaches dropping players.

I am not saying this is a perfect system, but it is a starting point with greater minds than mind can upgrade.

Under your system, we end up with 4 clubs & many fans leaving the game, which they are doing now.
Don't agee at all, this system is easily worse then the current one in place. I have already found a flaw with your first few points and it's name is Taumalolo. If he keeps playing for Tonga will he not have a lower points rating than if he kept playing for NZ? You're trying to create a "fair" system yet this isn't fair. He's the best forward in the game and potentially the best forward ever, yet someone like McGuire would be considered more valuable than him.

I don't get peoples obsession with trying to handicap the better run clubs, why should they and the players constantly be punished because other clubs are lagging behind and holding the game back? We only end up with clubs going broke and having to have their hand held by the NRL. This doesn't make comp better.

The real issue is the structure of the competition and the amount and location of the teams, there just isn't enough talent to spread out across 16 teams. If you reduce the amount of teams in the NRL then you will end up with a stronger competition as the top talent will be spread out across a smaller pool. You will also end up with a stronger 2nd tier comp that will be far more competitive and develop more talent than what we have now.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless of what they pay and how they did it, the points can't be rorted if they are transparently allocated based on criteria. So long as they are not determined by actual contract values. Paper bags then become irrelevant.

You can even limit the number of elite players per club by limiting the number of top rated players that can sign. E.g. if 10 points for Smith or Cronk then the points could stop you getting more than 2 or 3 of these players.
Criminals always find a way of getting around things. Im sure it would be the same with the NRL.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just caught up with this and I saw Kent on 360. He was bang on. These ***** have cheated the cap AGAIN and the NRL have bent over and licked their own balls.

Only decent thing about this is he will fuck up ANY chemistry and team unity they have lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
"It's my dream to leave the small pond, fail in everything I dreamed about and come back and fail again in the small pond" - overrated big fish.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's insane how these ego maniacs keep getting contracts. Hayne is a massive grub but I can understand why Parra got him back.

Not enough young players coming through, the NRL revolving door continues. Reminds me of the latest manager shuffle in the Premier League.
That's why we need to go back to

JF
Reserves
FG

Lebslam

New Pup
Reaction score
Lol at people trying to control where a person plays or what a player is worth. Your boss is allowed to pay you whatever they want and it should be the same in rugby league.

Also the people making jokes about Brad Arthur getting sacked must of forgotten that Brad Arthur coach Jarryd Hayne in 2014 when Hayne won the Dally M award. That means Brad Arthur knows how to get the best out of Hayne.
Yep, and maybe world cups bring out the best in Hayne, since he won the Dally M in the seasons following the world cup. At a rock bottom price, back with his family and playing with his mates, there is only upside to this deal. Brad Arthur hasn't in the past and won't tolerate any crap from any player, he's not that type of coach.

A

Alexander the Great

"It's my dream to leave the small pond, fail in everything I dreamed about and come back and fail again in the small pond" - overrated big fish.
The final piece to the puzzle for Parra.
Now they have Hayne and T-rex they should be able to finally get that grand final win they have been chasing for 20+ years

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The final piece to the puzzle for Parra.
Now they have Hayne and T-rex they should be able to finally get that grand final win they have been chasing for 20+ years
But see how the nrl is setting up a redemption GF win for the cheats like us, sharks and Storm? 2 years after the rort and their gayboy is back in *** colours.

I'm dumping a g on the shit ***** now.

PS 31 years lol

Last edited:
A

Alexander the Great

But see how the nrl is setting up a redemption GF win for the cheats like us and Storm? 2 years after the rort and their gayboy is back in *** colours.

I'm dumping a g on the shit ***** now.

PS 31 years lol
31 years... fuck no wonder why they are rockapes

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A points system is a terrible idea though. Who decides what a players worth? How often are points updated? Are rep players worth more? What if players refuse rep duty? What if clubs have an influx of rep players and it tears the team apart? What if players and clubs start tanking to manipulate the points system? I could go on.
NRL or independent Committee.
Annually - no cap penalties to clear a player to be compliant
Yes
Less points would be allocated.
That's what the current cap does - look at us around 2002 - 2006.
Tanking a game is borderline illegal isnt it? Would be called out at worse.

Well you identify a whole lot of potential issues that occur but we are still dealing with something that doesn't work right now and is completely ineffective.

If we have to go fair then we need something that works. Unlimited TPAs mean sanctioned cheating and it doesn't work. If we cap those then we probably see the best players leave the game or less money flow down to fringe players.

I have been anti-cap and in some ways would like to see survival of the fittest but that will create even more stacked teams for the rich clubs eg Broncos and Roosters, and possibly other strong clubs like ours.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
86 was their last win.

At least we won one this millennium lol
Still been way too long. Maybe the NRL will give us a redemption grand final - Des gone and a coach who was a former premiership winner - I wish.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Criminals always find a way of getting around things. Im sure it would be the same with the NRL.
So true, but not any different to now though. The criminals signed Cronk and the other criminals sanctioned the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.