Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So another article somewhere tells us he signed for 500k. Question is what happened to market value to stop clubs stacking their teams? He was on 1.2 mil at Titans and now 500k at Parra. Remember this market value thing prevented Folau to return to RL yet now Hayne and Parra can do this?? Anyone?
The market value thing is absolute bs though. If a player is happy to sign for a certain amount then let him sign for that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Papers are reporting he took a $700,000 paycut to join Eels.

How the fuck is that even allowed? I thought the NRL valued players ??

Hayne is in no way only worth $300k a season...

Fucking joke.

Is Parra still running an NRL appointed board?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The market value thing is absolute bs though. If a player is happy to sign for a certain amount then let him sign for that.
True in theory but we all know that behind the scenes they will top it up

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they got him because if he stars then they have become serious title threats. One more decent forward and Hayne hitting some form could see the Eels a solid top 4 side and maybe a title.
I'd hate to see that but I have a feeling Hayne will rediscover form and Parra will be top 4 again. Their pack is really agressive and Moses can only get better.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL make it our business by having a salary cap in the first place and by sticking their noses into this issue. The big question is how come some clubs are scrutinised while others appear to do what they want without even a question. Some clubs have been prevented in signing players based on "market value" while other times when it is obvious it is again...not even questioned? Fans want level playing fields and fans are the only reason these people get paid what they do. I know the players think they are the most important thing in the game but they are severely incorrect. IF the NRL don't want it to be an issue than have no salary cap. Me, all players full contracts should be fully posted to allow transparency. TPA's and all the other crap should be irrelevant, we want a guarantee that what they are being paid is fair! Personally I couldn't care what each player gets providing that each club has the same rule. I would have taken Gutho over Plain Hayne any day of the week!
But realistically it's not the NRL that brings up all the salary cap stuff, it's the speculation in the media. The point about 'market value' signings though leads me to the conclusion that it was clear that the Eels got the Folau thing wrong and learned from it when it came to Hayne. the fact that the NRL stopped one and allowed the other for the same club shows that the system is being applied. The only time the NRL say anything public about the cap is when they penalise a club for breaching it. All the rest is 'unnamed sources' and people 'close to the players' or in other words 90% rubbish. If you look at the Eels side they really don't have many players on big bucks. Apart from Moses, Norman and maybe Gutho, the rest would be on $500k or less. Even Jennings wouldn't be on huge money anymore. With Semi gone they prob had a fair bit to play with. Like you I would be happy if their salaries were published, but they aren't and so speculating on what players are or aren't on only makes people mad.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We should go hard for Gutherson
And pay some club to take mbye off our hands? The only position available for mbye now is fb. Brown or cleeland will be the partner for foran in the halves. Mbye isnt a centre or winger even if we needed one of those. And lichaa is hooker. Chances of is chasing a fullback have to be a million to 1

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
True in theory but we all know that behind the scenes they will top it up
That's another issue though. The NRL needs to do a better job of managing and policing the salary cap instead of coming up with some stupid Market Value system that does very little to actually stop these outside payments. Who even determines a players worth?

At the end of the day this Market Value system cost the NRL one of it's biggest stars in Folau who then went on to be THE biggeat star for the ARU. The NRL just gifted the ARU Izzy, absolute idiots lol.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And pay some club to take mbye off our hands? The only position available for mbye now is fb. Brown or cleeland will be the partner for foran in the halves. Mbye isnt a centre or winger even if we needed one of those. And lichaa is hooker. Chances of is chasing a fullback have to be a million to 1
Not necessarily. If Eastwood does retire, his money will go a long way to paying Guthersons wage.

M'Bye is an athlete, Gutherson is a footballer. I would take the footballer any day.

M'Bye could possibly be the best 14 in the comp. He could blow teams away with his speed in the back end of halves

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
But realistically it's not the NRL that brings up all the salary cap stuff, it's the speculation in the media. The point about 'market value' signings though leads me to the conclusion that it was clear that the Eels got the Folau thing wrong and learned from it when it came to Hayne. the fact that the NRL stopped one and allowed the other for the same club shows that the system is being applied. The only time the NRL say anything public about the cap is when they penalise a club for breaching it. All the rest is 'unnamed sources' and people 'close to the players' or in other words 90% rubbish. If you look at the Eels side they really don't have many players on big bucks. Apart from Moses, Norman and maybe Gutho, the rest would be on $500k or less. Even Jennings wouldn't be on huge money anymore. With Semi gone they prob had a fair bit to play with. Like you I would be happy if their salaries were published, but they aren't and so speculating on what players are or aren't on only makes people mad.
Yeah I'm not saying that Parra are over the cap, I'm saying that Hayne getting 1.2 mil one year and 500k the next smells of something fishy. This goes against decisions that the NRL have already made in regards to players contracts being at a market type value...for lack of a better word. It's suppose to stop shady dealings otherwise just say hey Cooper here's 500k......plus another mil hehe they don't know about.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's another issue though. The NRL needs to do a better job of managing and policing the salary cap instead of coming up with some stupid Market Value system that does very little to actually stop these outside payments. Who even determines a players worth?

At the end of the day this Market Value system cost the NRL one of it's biggest stars in Folau who then went on to be THE biggeat star for the ARU. The NRL just gifted the ARU Izzy, absolute idiots lol.
I agree but while they have it they must keep it fair. There are so many better and easier options but they just do nothing at all yet the integrity of the sport gets lower and lower with the fans.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not saying that Parra are over the cap, I'm saying that Hayne getting 1.2 mil one year and 500k the next smells of something fishy. This goes against decisions that the NRL have already made in regards to players contracts being at a market type value...for lack of a better word. It's suppose to stop shady dealings otherwise just say hey Cooper here's 500k......plus another mil hehe they don't know about.
True, but what if Hayne was getting $700k in salary and $600k in TPAs with the Titans and now he is getting $800k from Parra with another $500k in TPA's? The problem is we don't know what he is getting. The NRL does, Parra does, hopefully Hayne does, but we don't. Do we have a right to know? Well, it would be nice from a voyeurs perspective but realistically as long as the systems are in place who really cares? Let's face it, even if they publish the cap figures for every player there will still be a thousand ways they can hide additional money and we won't be any better off. I can remember the days of rorting the residential rule, the $2k sign on and $200 a win days and all the others. Unless you use robots someone will always be looking for a rort.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If Eastwood does retire, his money will go a long way to paying Guthersons wage.

M'Bye is an athlete, Gutherson is a footballer. I would take the footballer any day.

M'Bye could possibly be the best 14 in the comp. He could blow teams away with his speed in the back end of halves
We wont get rid of mbye without paying through the teeth, nobody is going to pay him 750k to be a half, or in any other position since hes only really played half for years.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd hate to see that but I have a feeling Hayne will rediscover form and Parra will be top 4 again. Their pack is really agressive and Moses can only get better.
They still need one more forward..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parramatta are so fucken stupid.
Sometimes I wonder if Turvey is making the decisions at the eels.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We wont get rid of mbye without paying through the teeth, nobody is going to pay him 750k to be a half, or in any other position since hes only really played half for years.
I don't think we should get rid of him. I think he could be a game breaker off the bench like Barba was.

He could be a huge X-Factor off the bench. At the end of the year we can re-evaluate.

A

Alexander the Great

Shit ****. He fits in well with the parra scum and other shit stains

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.