News Jackson has a life time job at Bulldogs. NRL will be looking closely at the deal

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why they are saying we need to get rid of players because we can't have more than 30... As far as I know we have around 24 players contracted yes It would be good to sign Topine and a few others and we could still do it but Buzz is trying to say we still need to cut other players... just doesn't make sense.

I think yes we maybe trying to move on some other players like Corey Allen but it's not because we need to but because if we can we have more money for players that fits Ciro's plan.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread, but the claim no one apart from Gould knows the salary cap situation seems hard to believe. Surely the CEO would be fully aware.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't understand why they are saying we need to get rid of players because we can't have more than 30... As far as I know we have around 24 players contracted yes It would be good to sign Topine and a few others and we could still do it but Buzz is trying to say we still need to cut other players... just doesn't make sense.

I think yes we maybe trying to move on some other players like Corey Allen but it's not because we need to but because if we can we have more money for players that fits Ciro's plan.
Buzz is right in that we have more than 30 signed and need to move some players on if it remains a top30. Jacko leaving still leaves us with one or two players to move on. The rest of shit Buzz has no fukn idea the drunk

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
Interestingly on the same page of the tele there was a comment about Andrew Fifita getting a role at the Sharks. No mention there by Rothfeild that the NRL should investigate...

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL can't do shit. He's retired, he's not part of the roster, he's not playing and he can be employed at the club as a toilet cleaner on 350k p.a for the next 10 years and no one can do shit.

Eat a fat one slothfield ya maggot

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
SPOTS AVAILABLE: 8

• Josh Addo-Carr
  • Paul Alamoti
  • Corey Allan
  • Jake Averillo
  • Bailey Biondi-Odo
  • Braidon Burns
  • Matt Burton
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  • Kyle Flanagan
  • Josh Jackson
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Max King
  • Jacob Kiraz
  • Reed Mahoney
  • Jayden Okunbor
  • Tevita Pangai Junior
  • Chris Patolo
  • Aaron Schoupp
  • Ava Seumanufagai
  • Ryan Sutton
  • Luke Thompson
  • Corey Waddell

This list was compiled and printed before Jacko announced his retirement.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
SPOTS AVAILABLE: 8

• Josh Addo-Carr
  • Paul Alamoti
  • Corey Allan
  • Jake Averillo
  • Bailey Biondi-Odo
  • Braidon Burns
  • Matt Burton
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner
  • Kyle Flanagan
  • Josh Jackson
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Max King
  • Jacob Kiraz
  • Reed Mahoney
  • Jayden Okunbor
  • Tevita Pangai Junior
  • Chris Patolo
  • Aaron Schoupp
  • Ava Seumanufagai
  • Ryan Sutton
  • Luke Thompson
  • Corey Waddell

This list was compiled and printed before Jacko announced his retirement.
Well that makes a mockery of his article doesn’t it.

Even allowing for the rumours of Davey, Perham, Pele, Brown. Still leaves 5 spots available

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep he is just priming/fabricating shit so when we do sign a high profile player he can really lay the boot in. He's a parasite.
Actually its interesting cheezledick can sign a acontract worth less his market value (his words) with the chooks yet no beat up yet this cockhead is already fabricating shit for an expose down the line.
It's not just Smith, they've had a handful of top players in their respective positions say they're playing there for 200-300k less than their market value because they like petting the unicorns and feeding leprechauns they keep in the dressing room. There's three bits of absolute bullshit here and I'd be more inclined to believe in the unicorns and leprechauns.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interestingly on the same page of the tele there was a comment about Andrew Fifita getting a role at the Sharks. No mention there by Rothfeild that the NRL should investigate...
Bahaha, pisspot at it again. South’s were allowed to do this with Inglis and Burgess when they’d paid them massive contracts to fend off other clubs.

Jackos great but he’s not in that league, wasn’t paid a massive contract, he was a one club player who wasn’t playing anywhere else anyway, and his last year was well below his best and he kinda looked like he was playing hurt. But sure, there’s a scandal in there somewhere…

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"not even CEO Aaron Warburton or chairman John Khoury know exactly where their cap sits. They leave it all to Gus."
Imagine thinking that the CEO and chairman dont know the cap position :sob:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is so much salty people out there, all having a sook how we are doing what we are doing.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs hit back at salary cap conspiracy behind veteran’s retirement

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
October 30th, 2022 2:56 pm

Bulldogs powerbrokers have reportedly slammed the suggestion club legend Josh Jackson retired to ease salary cap pressure.

And no point with the rest of it. The rest of the full page story is a complete re-hash of the earlier story which was a re-hash of the pisspot's story, plus the day's old quote from the club in response to Jacko's retirement.

Fox Sports...clickbait extraordinaires

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"not even CEO Aaron Warburton or chairman John Khoury know exactly where their cap sits. They leave it all to Gus."
Imagine thinking that the CEO and chairman dont know the cap position :sob:
Dibb & Castle had no idea while Hasler was F@#KING us.........................................

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So the Roosters go ahead and sign everyone after they retire and no one bats an eye, we give a job to a 10 year club legend and captain and the NRL investigate?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
honestly what a stupid call, stick to soccer because thats what we would have. The same teams winning every year one of your worst call fraudy
I'm not against the idea, and the reality is that even with the salary cap supposedly making the comp more even, most seasons of the NRL in the last 10 years have been dominated by a few clubs. That is to say, there is usually not too many surprises about who ends up in the top 4.

In the EPL in the last 10 years there have been 5 teams take home the title: Man U x 1, Man C x 5, Chelsea x 2, Leicester x 1, Liverpool x 1. In that time Arsenal and Tottenham have been close, coming twice at least once each.

In the NRL in the last 10 years, there have been 6 teams take home the title: Chooks x 3, Souffs x 1, Cows x 1, Sharks x 1, Storm x 2, Penrith x 2.

But this obscures something very important, the EPL doesn't have a finals series. Their title holders are the same as our minor premierships. So let's look at those:

NRL minor premierships in the last 10 years: Chooks x 4, Storm x 4, Penrith x 2. When we compare like with like, the EPL has a bigger spread of successful teams than the NRL.

The finals series obscures what is really happening in the NRL. Though not equivalent, the English FA Cup is a knock out style competition, and it has had 7 different winners in the last 10 years.

So I'm not sure that any argument about the salary cap stopping the same teams from winning all the time, or making the competition more even than alternatives, really stacks up.

But this is looking at it quite simplistically, huge sports enterprises are about a lot than merely which team takes the title each year (though this is of course important). The English football system, and other systems like it, are far more powerful at player development. The sport as a whole is bigger because the means for putting the brakes on at club level are more nuanced. The NRLs system for limiting the capacity for clubs to put together a superstar team is a blunt instrument, and it impacts the sport as a whole.

I'd like to see these ideas explored more deeply.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This article is an absolute waste of time. There is NOTHING the NRL or anyone else can do about it. If a player chooses to retire that’s perfectly fine. If the same player secured a job working at the club in a different capacity and role moving forward that’s also perfectly fine. I’d love to see the NRL or anyone else make an effort to prevent someone from the capacity of earning a living especially after retiring from professional football. They have no right to do anything in this space and would get spanked in court if they tried.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not against the idea, and the reality is that even with the salary cap supposedly making the comp more even, most seasons of the NRL in the last 10 years have been dominated by a few clubs. That is to say, there is usually not too many surprises about who ends up in the top 4.

In the EPL in the last 10 years there have been 5 teams take home the title: Man U x 1, Man C x 5, Chelsea x 2, Leicester x 1, Liverpool x 1. In that time Arsenal and Tottenham have been close, coming twice at least once each.

In the NRL in the last 10 years, there have been 6 teams take home the title: Chooks x 3, Souffs x 1, Cows x 1, Sharks x 1, Storm x 2, Penrith x 2.

But this obscures something very important, the EPL doesn't have a finals series. Their title holders are the same as our minor premierships. So let's look at those:

NRL minor premierships in the last 10 years: Chooks x 4, Storm x 4, Penrith x 2. When we compare like with like, the EPL has a bigger spread of successful teams than the NRL.

The finals series obscures what is really happening in the NRL. Though not equivalent, the English FA Cup is a knock out style competition, and it has had 7 different winners in the last 10 years.

So I'm not sure that any argument about the salary cap stopping the same teams from winning all the time, or making the competition more even than alternatives, really stacks up.

But this is looking at it quite simplistically, huge sports enterprises are about a lot than merely which team takes the title each year (though this is of course important). The English football system, and other systems like it, are far more powerful at player development. The sport as a whole is bigger because the means for putting the brakes on at club level are more nuanced. The NRLs system for limiting the capacity for clubs to put together a superstar team is a blunt instrument, and it impacts the sport as a whole.

I'd like to see these ideas explored more deeply.
Interesting comparison. EPL also play each other an equal number of times, whether this would make a difference in NRL stats or not idk but its a bugbear with me.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This article is an absolute waste of time. There is NOTHING the NRL or anyone else can do about it. If a player chooses to retire that’s perfectly fine. If the same player secured a job working at the club in a different capacity and role moving forward that’s also perfectly fine. I’d love to see the NRL or anyone else make an effort to prevent someone from the capacity of earning a living especially after retiring from professional football. They have no right to do anything in this space and would get spanked in court if they tried.
What they can do is if the lure of a Job at the club entices a player to retire early and they can look at motivations. I.E. if he only retired because of the Job that could be a problem, but if the Retirement was discussed and instigated from JJ then possibilities of a job at the club came after its all good. Also if the Job pays the same as what his contract was or more it may be a problem. Especially if he becomes one of the highest paid non players in the club.

But I think all of this is rubbish and that the decision to retire was all JJ, and this is just Drunkfield once again having a go at Gus with no facts.