News Jackson has a life time job at Bulldogs. NRL will be looking closely at the deal

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting comparison. EPL also play each other an equal number of times, whether this would make a difference in NRL stats or not idk but its a bugbear with me.
You'd have to think it makes some difference. Every season journalistic ink is spent discussing which teams have the easiest and hardest draws. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that doesn't come up in comps like the EPL where there is a complete home and away season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You have to laugh at this shit.
I'm past laughing at the degenerate drunk fuck, I just pity the piece of shit. Someone should do the humane thing and flush the turd down the toilet.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bahaha, pisspot at it again. South’s were allowed to do this with Inglis and Burgess when they’d paid them massive contracts to fend off other clubs.

Jackos great but he’s not in that league, wasn’t paid a massive contract, he was a one club player who wasn’t playing anywhere else anyway, and his last year was well below his best and he kinda looked like he was playing hurt. But sure, there’s a scandal in there somewhere…
Jackson was on massive money. He has been on $700k+ for years. He hasn’t played above a level of $350k for over 5 years.

Agree he isn’t in their league on ability but financially he was. His retirement is just the shot in the arm the club needed.

He tried his guts out everytime he ran out. But was on way overs. Which effects the whole squad & cap.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread, but the claim no one apart from Gould knows the salary cap situation seems hard to believe. Surely the CEO would be fully aware.
Why are you even trying to comprehend any of the tripe that Buzz talks?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson was on massive money. He has been on $700k+ for years. He hasn’t played above a level of $350k for over 5 years.

Agree he isn’t in their league on ability but financially he was. His retirement is just the shot in the arm the club needed.

He tried his guts out everytime he ran out. But was on way overs. Which effects the whole squad & cap.
Bullshit, a term I reserve for the most inaccurate of posts.

Jackson's often reported $600k (I have no idea where you got $700K+) is only $400k due to the long terms/developed played "discount", in fact's it's not even $400k as that includes non cap items eg; car, education allowance etc. Plus we would have to pay someone else additional in the Cap for taking over the Captaincy, often $50k to $100k. In real Cap terms he cost us ~$350k, which by any measure was a farkin bargain.

It may actually turn out to be worse than that as the RLPA demand is $500k for the Veteran & Developed Player allowance starting next season. Which we most likely will not get that as I don't believe we have another player that qualifies.

Always a Bulldog

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Souths were allowed to do it so let’s see if we are hehe
Jacko just needs to send out a few dick picks, beat his partner, threaten is in-laws and find a boat in his shed and it should be fine.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"not even CEO Aaron Warburton or chairman John Khoury know exactly where their cap sits. They leave it all to Gus."
Imagine thinking that the CEO and chairman dont know the cap position :sob:
I say it again
Imagine thinking you know that, but also thinking you knew they didn't train with drones... credibility is a bit in doubt

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rothfield should question the Roosters on his mate on Fox Cronk on that type of Sh!t… Call it speculation, but was Cronk payed unders and was topped up as some kind of kicking or halves coach??

Rothfield can eat a jealous d!<k.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score

To be fair, no player should earn over $350,000, as much as I (used) to love the game, it was better when they were paid $50,000 and some of the best battles were when the Reserve Grade players were playing for $100 per win (and a free pie).

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bullshit, a term I reserve for the most inaccurate of posts.

Jackson's often reported $600k (I have no idea where you got $700K+) is only $400k due to the long terms/developed played "discount", in fact's it's not even $400k as that includes non cap items eg; car, education allowance etc. Plus we would have to pay someone else additional in the Cap for taking over the Captaincy, often $50k to $100k. In real Cap terms he cost us ~$350k, which by any measure was a farkin bargain.

It may actually turn out to be worse than that as the RLPA demand is $500k for the Veteran & Developed Player allowance starting next season. Which we most likely will not get that as I don't believe we have another player that qualifies.

Always a Bulldog
RFM should be eligible in 2024, pending the 8 year rule is still in tact.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember when we told Kimmorley that he has a lifetime job at the Bulldogs?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They can't make him play. But they might try to include anything we do pay him in the cap.
How many games has he played, how much has he been through?
A part time job isnt on the field, give him a break

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
David Fafita has reportedly been given a chance of contract negotiations with 4 clubs interested, our club isn't mentioned ( is there such clause in his contract ? )
Could this be the reason JACKO retired a year earlier ???
I am staying tuned for this one :grinning:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What they can do is if the lure of a Job at the club entices a player to retire early and they can look at motivations. I.E. if he only retired because of the Job that could be a problem, but if the Retirement was discussed and instigated from JJ then possibilities of a job at the club came after its all good. Also if the Job pays the same as what his contract was or more it may be a problem. Especially if he becomes one of the highest paid non players in the club.

But I think all of this is rubbish and that the decision to retire was all JJ, and this is just Drunkfield once again having a go at Gus with no facts.
Agree with you however he could be lured to another job anywhere. Doesn’t have to be the bulldogs so this is irrelevant. He’s a professional footballer and has the right to call time on his own career. Once that contract is done he’s entitled to do whatever he likes to either further his career or earning capacity.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Veteran hooker Andrew McCullough is set to call time on his 16-year career.

That is according to a News Corp report which claims the 32-year-old will officially retire before the Dragons return to pre-season training.

McCullough still has one year left on his contract with the Dragons

No doubt the NRL will be looking closely at the deal

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Veteran hooker Andrew McCullough is set to call time on his 16-year career.

That is according to a News Corp report which claims the 32-year-old will officially retire before the Dragons return to pre-season training.

McCullough still has one year left on his contract with the Dragons

No doubt the NRL will be looking closely at the deal
Nah just celebrated as a veteran player