Opinion It’s Time Someone Returned Serve …

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm - he accepted that job mid-CVD - what else was it ever going to be?

Or the Dragqueens? They got shafted too.

Happy to have Gus but this knob polishing is a bit much. Let him produce some results first and then maybe give him a polish.
The comment clearly states he’s made mistakes along the way, why do so many people think Gould has to be this picture perfect person, he’s human and like we all do he’s had his share of mistakes bad choices and F*** ups.

No one is going to get everything right and make the right choices 100% of the time ..

The whole point of the comment was to point out that over his whole career he’s produced a lot of fantastic results and that there’s no reason what so ever why he can’t get those same results for us, and that we need to give him time to do what’s he’s proven he can do in the past ..

You love to stir up an argument I’ll give you that , but what’s with this polishing knobs stuff, whys that type of stuff hanging around in your head? ..

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The comment clearly states he’s made mistakes along the way, why do so many people think Gould has to be this picture perfect person, he’s human and like we all do he’s had his share of mistakes bad choices and F*** ups.

No one is going to get everything right and make the right choices 100% of the time ..

The whole point of the comment was to point out that over his whole career he’s produced a lot of fantastic results and that there’s no reason what so ever why he can’t get those same results for us, and that we need to give him time to do what’s he’s proven he can do in the past ..

You love to stir up an argument I’ll give you that , but what’s with this polishing knobs stuff, whys that type of stuff hanging around in your head? ..
I clearly posted 27 pages of Gus fest and 6 words without deets of the bad. Wow - my bad. Missed that one.

Yet here we are - I just made a general comment, others responded and you felt you needed to jump in. I love arguments and here you are trying to start one. Nice.

As for polishing knobs - I'm having mine polished while I've been typing. So its not hanging around my head but my nuts. If you think its hanging around in ones head - hmmm. Think I know what that means.

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being honest i skimmed this at best but caught the gist.Gould is slick,our team isn’t.We’ve got a long way to go but got the best person for the job.
One day,we’ll be at the top again and the future looks brighter right now than it has for a while.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I clearly posted 27 pages of Gus fest and 6 words without deets of the bad. Wow - my bad. Missed that one.

Yet here we are - I just made a general comment, others responded and you felt you needed to jump in. I love arguments and here you are trying to start one. Nice.

As for polishing knobs - I'm having mine polished while I've been typing. So its not hanging around my head but my nuts. If you think its hanging around in ones head - hmmm. Think I know what that means.
Have you forgotten to take your medication … or maybe your a drinker because that’s jibberish.. one things for sure … your an odd one ..

Enjoy your fantasy, just remember to wash your hands afterwards ..

I’ll enjoy not seeing anything from you again …

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Have you forgotten to take your medication … or maybe your a drinker because that’s jibberish.. one things for sure … your an odd one ..

Lol - you could have typed Gus's resume in 5 lines but took 5 pages and included sponge bob references. Yeah - jibberish. And its cones - not booze. Get with the programme.

And you felt the need to post War and Peace in response to a thread that doesn't exist anymore to I guess, win an argument against a dead thread? Or even better - Flanagun who isn't even on TK anymore? And I'm odd - lol.

Sorry bro - free country. You jumped into my convo, started an argument with me and you're asking me to walk away? Lol - just lol.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol - you could have typed Gus's resume in 5 lines but took 5 pages and included sponge bob references. Yeah - jibberish. And its cones - not booze. Get with the programme.

And you felt the need to post War and Peace in response to a thread that doesn't exist anymore to I guess, win an argument against a dead thread? Or even better - Flanagun who isn't even on TK anymore? And I'm odd - lol.

Sorry bro - free country. You jumped into my convo, started an argument with me and you're asking me to walk away? Lol - just lol.
Scroll down through the threads D*** H*** .. the post does exist …

Have a look through some of the comments on here, people enjoyed the read ..

If you have a problem with it … you can always just F*** Off and don’t read it ..

Another weirdo argumentative little B**** for the ignore button ..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a shock I tell ya to have our reliable biggest fan as a Phin.

Glad you got back on board Scoobs :grinning:
Never left WenDog, was just having some cos you know you’ll get a bite from the kennel. :tearsofjoy: No pun intended.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Scroll down through the threads D*** H*** .. the post does exist …

Have a look through some of the comments on here, people enjoyed the read ..

If you have a problem with it … you can always just F*** Off and don’t read it ..

Another weirdo argumentative little B**** for the ignore button ..
And u jumped in because you couldn't F*** Off and don't read it. Lolz....

Others are entitled to their opinion - guess I'm not entitled to mine? And all the swear words - because you were made to look like an idiot. Actually - I'll correct that - you were made to show everyone yourself.

Good thing you ignored me because I just love playing with hypocrites. Guess you won't be responding to this then. Or are you hypocritical about that too?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Never left WenDog, was just having some cos you know you’ll get a bite from the kennel. :tearsofjoy: No pun intended.
Well it was depressing seeing Scoobs with a Phin avatar and people bagging that so I'm glad you changed back lol :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He never got to start his warriors gig properly. It really ended up being a consultant gig over video.
Reminds me, what happened to the biggest fraud known to a football club - “high performance” coach Steve Hansen?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
YES … this thread IS a return serve to the Gould/Khoury/Warburton/Ciraldo post that “wasn’t whinging” but went onto be one big misinformed whinge” …

@04 Dreaming / Flanagun is carrying on about a job that in Gould/Khoury/Warburton/Ciraldo time is still in its infancy … it’s like whinging at your builder and saying he’s doing a crap job when only the slabs been poured.

Fans often argue whether Gould should receive the accolades for the Panthers success, the answer there lays in what’s often forgotten ..

People forget he originally left the Panthers in 94 and moved over to the Roosters who were a perennial bottom of the table team.

Before Gould joined, the Roosters had only played finals footy once since 83.

Gould did what he does best, he bought in good people around him and set about rebuilding that club from the bottom up.

Is it a coincidence that Gould joined in 95 and the Roosters became a consistent semi-finals team from 1996 onwards, making the Grand Final in 2000, and then the club went on to win a Premiership in 2002, their first in 27 years and have gone on to have long term success and win another 3 since ?

In May 2011 he took up the General Manager role at the Panthers, not just another struggling club, but apparently one that was also going broke … again he bought in good people around him and set about rebuilding that club from the bottom up, whether he was still there for the GF wins or not is irrelevant, the results of the years of work he put in there are B2B premierships 2021 & 2022.

To do a massive job successfully once, you might say ok … but twice !!! …… maybe it’s time to say this bloke knows what he’s F***** doing …

If you think everything along the way was going to be sunshine and roses and he wasn’t going to make any mistakes then you must live in Bikini Bottom (sponge bobs fictional world) …… because life’s full of making mistakes, especially at the top … it’s how you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and whether you learn from those mistakes that makes the difference ..

APPOINTMENT OF CLUB DICTATOR WITH ALMOST FULL CONTROL OVER KEY DECISIONS WITHIN THE FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT ..
The Roosters did the same … I don’t think they’ve ever been out of finals footy since and they’ve won 4 premierships since that decision ..

The Panthers made the same decision, I don’t think they’ve been out of finals footy since and they’ve won 2 premierships since and maybe the 1st to do 3 in a row since whenever.

APPOINTMENT OF AN INEXPERIENCED/UNPROVEN HEAD COACH.
Gould did the same with Ricky Stuart at the Roosters and the result was a premiership.
Cleary was sacked in 2015 for just avoiding the spoon, not a premiership winning coach obviously, he’s now gone on to win 2 premierships and the story’s not over.

OVERSPENDING, WHO THEY’RE PURCHASING BLAH BLAH BLAH
One of the many reasons they’ve bought Gould in, is to sort that shit out and get it right, look at the work he put in at Roosters & Panthers, it takes time to rebuild an elite top of the table 1st grade squad, luck in having the right players available at a certain time plays a big part in it .. the point is it takes time if you want to build for long term success, which if you look at Roosters and Panthers that’s Gould’s trade mark, LONG TERM SUCCESS.

You crapped on about forwards and a 7 and don’t even mention that since Gould came on board we’ve had to compete in a market where a 17th team has just been introduced, a new club who had a full salary cap available to them to outbid us for players we may have been chasing.

What 7 and forwards would you have suggested Gould get ? … rush in and make another Napa & Flanagan mistake ? …

Gould has said it many times, to get back to the top after being down the bottom for many years is going to require a lot of patience, especially when you consider there’s another 8 or so clubs all trying to do the same thing, and compete in the same market, the key is development and time.

So put your hate away and just back your team each week and allow Gould and the club the time to do what they do best ..

Also I didn’t touch on Goulds first 5 seasons as a coach, that his teams were involved in 3 grand finals and he won 2 of those, or that he’s the most successful Origin coach ever .. I didn’t go into depth on that because a lot on TK members don’t like to read anything that takes them over a minute or 2 …
Come on.
Didnt he sign on with us 18 months ago.
FFS, we should have won 2 premierships by now.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That seems to be the perception around here ..
I have the attention span of a goldfish but I sacrificed 2 minutes ( ok atleast 3 for me) of my life to read your original post.
I like your threads.
Always well thought out, food for thought and set up for healthy discussion about the dogs instead of some random thought that just pops into the mind of some thread starters.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bahaha.
I've been free of Doogie Wisdens boolshit(a cricket reference, thinks he is gods own on that topic too lol)since january of this year..the iggy button is bliss!!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one thing I hate about TK, if you dont suck someone off unconditionally, you're a "hater".
I don’t think it’s sucking someone off unconditionally just because someone is giving credit where credits due ..

And I don’t think someone’s a hater just because they disagree or call out someone’s short comings …

In this situation there’s no denying that Gould has achieved more in the game than most could ever hope for ..

As a player
A coach
And origin coach
A commentator
A football club administer ..

He’s succeeded at pretty much everything he’s set he’s mind to, he’s made mistakes he is human after all .. whinging little B****** just love pointing out the mistakes but never like to acknowledge the good results.

The Dragons & Warriors comments are unfounded because with the Dragons he was just asked to do an audit, and with the Warriors, Covid prevented him from doing a thorough job for them and he didn’t feel it was fair to take their money under those circumstances, when he left that position no one knew how long it was going to be before they reopened the boarders again and he needed to be in NZ to do his job properly.

If someone has valid reasons on why they disagree with that it doesn’t make them a hater, I’d actually be interested in what those valid reasons are.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Bahaha.
I've been free of Doogie Wisdens boolshit(a cricket reference, thinks he is gods own on that topic too lol)since january of this year..the iggy button is bliss!!
I love it too Warners love child because I can get a free shot and know you can see I've done it. Then its up to your willpower - will you look or won't you. Just one click of a button.

And like most - I bet you'll look. But you cannot respond because it admits you looked. Its brilliant.

So keep ignoring - works perfectly. Thanks for the freebie.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bahaha.
I’ve actually read a bit of his crap when he’s been replying to other K members and I already recognised that he loves to disagree and stir shit up.

How’s the part where he said that thread doesn’t even exist anymore and it’s still right there plain as day ..

Was an easy decision .. the more you weed these argumentative d**** out the more you just end up with good footy conversations ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the attention span of a goldfish but I sacrificed 2 minutes ( ok atleast 3 for me) of my life to read your original post.
I like your threads.
Always well thought out, food for thought and set up for healthy discussion about the dogs instead of some random thought that just pops into the mind of some thread starters.
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

Not enough of that going around these days.