Is it better to wear no watch than a watch costing <$1000?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What app do you use to monitor motors on a fitbit?
Didn't know they could have apps to start with!
Just the fitbit app on my Samsung.

PS by motor, I mean my heart lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol you have a lot of mates that have a lot of things that’s so cool
Tonee

As a fellow watch aficionado , can you please illustrate the value of a high end watch as opposed to a high end smart watch?

Smartwatch advantages
Weather
Call notifications
Heart rate monitor
Steps monitor
Can watch YouTube
Can change the watch face
Can take calls on 4G models
Has a barometer
Can pay for stuff
Perfect time always as sync to internet

Disadvantages
Have to charge every few days
Battery eventually wear out

So why is it that a Rolex etc is better than say an apple watch or a Samsung? Style? Prestige?

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tonee

As a fellow watch aficionado , can you please illustrate the value of a high end watch as opposed to a high end smart watch?

Smartwatch advantages
Weather
Call notifications
Heart rate monitor
Steps monitor
Can watch YouTube
Can change the watch face
Can take calls on 4G models
Has a barometer
Can pay for stuff
Perfect time always as sync to internet

Disadvantages
Have to charge every few days
Battery eventually wear out

So why is it that a Rolex etc is better than say an apple watch or a Samsung? Style? Prestige?
prestige. Walk into a shop with a Rolex and they treat you like you have a Rolex

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smart watches vs a designer watch I will always go with a designer watch as I like the look of nice designer watch.

As for Smart watches, well I don't use 3/4 of the apps on my phone so I see no need for a Smart watch.

I am someone who likes my jewelry so again, I'll go with a designer watch. I only need it to do two thing, tell time and look good.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
prestige. Walk into a shop with a Rolex and they treat you like you have a Rolex
Only if they also care about Rolex watches. I never pay much attention to it personally but Rolex wearers are like Vegans. If you don't immediately mention their watch then they'll wave it in your face until you you say, "yes. You have a nice watch"

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only if they also care about Rolex watches. I never pay much attention to it personally but Rolex wearers are like Vegans. If you don't immediately mention their watch then they'll wave it in your face until you you say, "yes. You have a nice watch"
Disagree

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That price for an Oris!?!?!? No thanks.
Rather a Patek or Lange and sohne

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's help the renters on here.

Let's say that someone with a Rolex (perhaps the landlord) is gonna flop it out in their face. To put the renter on the backfoot.

With a budget of $198 which watch can the renter buy to flop it out and gain some respect / keep them honest?
A Nixon for an everyday watch

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Let's say that someone with a Rolex (perhaps the landlord) is gonna flop it out in their face. To put the renter on the backfoot.

With a budget of $198 which watch can the renter buy to flop it out and gain some respect / keep them honest?

Hit them with this https://www.dollarbargain.com.au/products/luxury-brand-geneva-stainless-steel-watch-women-ladies-fashion-crystal-dress-quartz-wrist-watch-female-clock-hot-ge001?variant=25783477513&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiA9JbwBRAAEiwAnWa4Q83neQWLJnIjxHrczTgYJDLdzurDTgt-fs3xsAFOvrzStDidLr0UFBoCttgQAvD_BwE
Casio calculator watch

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I had 2 Nixon player watches back in the day. Great watch.
I have a Nixon one as an everyday metal watch and my gshocks as my work watches or working out watches when I need to get sweaty or dirty in the workshop.

I currently own a Raymond Weils Freelancer as my fancy watch for special occasions so it doesn’t get worn much as I’m not bothered for special occasions lmao

This is it here:

IMG_7463.JPG

Last edited:

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Hit them with this https://www.dollarbargain.com.au/products/luxury-brand-geneva-stainless-steel-watch-women-ladies-fashion-crystal-dress-quartz-wrist-watch-female-clock-hot-ge001?variant=25783477513&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiA9JbwBRAAEiwAnWa4Q83neQWLJnIjxHrczTgYJDLdzurDTgt-fs3xsAFOvrzStDidLr0UFBoCttgQAvD_BwE
A second hand Seiko Solar - The Renters Rolex

In all seriousness, a quality watch for under $500