Is it better to wear no watch than a watch costing <$1000?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi toner, really interested in your sizing someone up based on their watch.

You would be right though, proper people wear a expensive watch, have new shoes on, nice clothes, look neat, it all comes as a package.

People with Xiaomi watches should probably be a little embarrassed at a cafe. Sitting next to someone with a Rolex. Lol
I'd be embarrassed to sit next to someone who has a watch that only tells the time. That's like renting a TV that only shows free-to-air

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait, she is an administrator here and talks like that?
Ahh mate, you will see in due time. This place has been left in bad hands unfortunately.
But not fear, there is a core of good people who love this place for what it is, an actual forum

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very good point. Then a $1000 watch becomes bottom of the food chain.

But do people wearing a proper watch look down at people wearing a cheap watch?
They have to, otherwise how we they justify their rediculous purchase?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

No

what’s a proper watch?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No

what’s a proper watch?
It comes down to affordability. By checking out their watch (amongst other things) you can determine who you are dealing with

For instance someone with money won't be wearing a $7.85 watch.

To me a proper watch says I got money.. like someone with an expensive car, it's status

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It comes down to affordability. By checking out their watch (amongst other things) you can determine who you are dealing with

To me a proper watch says I got money.. like someone with an expensive car, it's status

bill gates wears a $10 watch

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

If anyone looks down on me, they will be on the receiving end of an UPpercut. Always look UP.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm really tough on watches so buying expensive watches would be like spending $20k on a car to drive in a smash up derby.

But in all honesty the bulk of blue boost threads are basically an attempt from him to paint himself into the minds of others as someone that has money and is therefore more special than people who don't. Money and status symbols don't make you a decent person. If you apply value to yourself based on crap like a valuable watch etc, you have taken a wrong turn in life. I'd rather be living on the streets and capable of being a good person, than living in a mansion and treating others like garbage.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
if you are wearing a wrist watch in 2019 you are no good
Well only unless it’s for a purpose and still looks good, my Apple Watch sits on my wrist and looks the part as well, also receives messages etc :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

so yes I wear a watch..!!! :tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm really tough on watches so buying expensive watches would be like spending $20k on a car to drive in a smash up derby.

But in all honesty the bulk of blue boost threads are basically an attempt from him to paint himself into the minds of others as someone that has money and is therefore more special than people who don't. Money and status symbols don't make you a decent person. If you apply value to yourself based on crap like a valuable watch etc, you have taken a wrong turn in life. I'd rather be living on the streets and capable of being a good person, than living in a mansion and treating others like garbage.
don’t even know how this thread turned into I’m better than you because of x

actually took one fool to assume that because I see other people with the same appreciation and an interest, I looking down on others that don’t. How far off they are, in actual fact I do not!

I see everybody as equal, regardless of what religion you are, race, sexuality. At the end of the day we are all the same, we bleed all the same colour blood.

Yeah, sure I notice what watch people are wearing that’s because I’m a watch enthusiasts. Just like other people are car enthusiasts for example, V8s, JDMs, 4x4 etc.

JDM people, you’re cruising you see another JDM. You can relate, you can appreciate, you’ve got something already in common. You might pull up next to him/her and have a convo.

That doesn’t mean a person driving a JDM is going to look down on others. What nonsense.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

actually took one fool to assume that because I see other people with the same appreciation and an interest, I looking down on others that don’t. How far off they are, in actual fact I do not!

I see everybody as equal, regardless of what religion you are, race, sexuality. At the end of the day we are all the same, we bleed all the same colour blood.

Yeah, sure I notice what watch people are wearing that’s because I’m a watch enthusiasts. Just like other people are car enthusiasts for example, V8s, JDMs, 4x4 etc.

JDM people, you’re cruising you see another JDM. You can relate, you can appreciate, you’ve got something already in common. You might pull up next to him/her and have a convo.

That doesn’t mean a person driving a JDM is going to look down on others. What nonsense.
I just see a trend with blue boost threads where he regards every posession right down to prawns as an excercise in displaying your status.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just see a trend with blue boost threads where he regards every posession right down to prawns as an excercise in displaying your status.
you know what they say, people like that are compensating for something else

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone looks down on me, they will be on the receiving end of an UPpercut. Always look UP.
People have looked down on me my whole life, but that's cause I'm short!!

But seriously some people do and have looked down on me just because of the way I dress, because I have piercings, I like wearing jewelry, because of my music taste and so on.

I honestly don't care though because it doesn't define me what someone else thinks. If you like me, cool, if you don't, so be it. I do my own thing and I'm happy that way. Only person I need to please is myself, oh and my girlfriend occasionally lol.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I get what your saying. You appreciate a nice watch and if you see someone else who is wearing a nice watch you can comment on it and start a conversation about the subject of watches.

I'm a metal head so if I'm out somewhere and spot a person in a metal band shirt I'll comment and start a conversation about metal music with them.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a nice Tag Heuer watch that I only wear out when I go to functions and special occasions as it's my formal watch so to speak when I suit up.

I have a nice Guess watch as my everyday watch.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
People have looked down on me my whole life, but that's cause I'm short!!

But seriously some people do and have looked down on me just because of the way I dress, because I have piercings, I like wearing jewelry, because of my music taste and so on.

I honestly don't care though because it doesn't define me what someone else thinks. If you like me, cool, if you don't, so be it. I do my own thing and I'm happy that way. Only person I need to please is myself, oh and my girlfriend occasionally lol.
Same bro. What’s shits me though is people try to send you a message by looking at me a certain way. I say tell it to me like a man!

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Edit - Never mind rant about people and these watches I've experienced lol. Just buy a gshock for 99% of events and a sevenfriday for the few rare suit ones.

Last edited:

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Speaking of wrist watches, my ex missus once worked for Rolex.

She used to give me free wristies all the time.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Or maybe his Mrs is nagging him to make more money so he can buy these things?