Immigration debate

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I remember, someone here defending the Migrant intake #, some months back, Can he please step forward.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to slow it the f*ck down until things settle down here.. it's not sustainable to essentially open the floodgates. While Australian Citizens are struggling to find places to live, with cost of living etc, Australian's have got to be priority number one.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems with new Australians as long as they do the following.
1: Know how to speak, understand and read English.
2: Accept that Australia is not the old country so leave your religious, political and social problems, bigotry, prejudices etc back in the old country.
3: Feel free to keep all your cultural identity and traditions with the exception of No: 2 mentioned above, so don't shit in your new nest.
4: Embrace Australia as your new home.
5: Support the Bulldogs till your dying day!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Now a place where I want to live in say Lewisham inner west 10 to 15 years ago would have been achievable we own a apartment in Lewisham but 10 to 15 we could have thought about upgrading to a little place with a backyard ect. I don’t want to live in fucking Western Sydney I grew up in Riverwood and bought my first place in Belmore on a housing commission road so yeah but that’s fucking not possible now because the average little shithole house goes for $1.3 million. I earn fairly good money and my missus is a deputy principal.

I don’t care if that sounds arrogant it fucking is because I’ve worked hard to be able to get where I am but Sydney prices our out of control.

so maybe stop bringing in people until shit gets sorted out.

Last edited:

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep this is so stupid

More competitions for houses to rent or buy
Roads that are already are parks at peak hours & Sat are going to be a nightmare.

I don't care if they're white, orange, brown, green or multicoloured......Sydney can't fit more folk in the joint.

I leave for work these days mostly at 6:15 am sometimes on 2 wheels and sometimes on 4. But I see the traffic has got heavier in the last 5 or 6 years and then the road rage, the risky drivers.....we dont have the damn infrastructure.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t care if that sounds arrogant it fucking is because I’ve worked hard to be able to get where I am but Sydney prices our out of control.

No bro yo don't. I know Lewo because I did High School there.

And correct folk like you work pay tax contribute and you can't buy a house BUT we let foreign buyers compete to force up prices and like my kids....2 are moving back to Mum & Dad's B & B because of the high rents.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ever since Labor got into office, the place is a shambles. It will get worse with no available housing for immigrants.
Also the majority will be long term welfare recipients. Its a no win situation.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ask USA.

the best economy in the world is built on immigration.
I could understand if we went to 50. But we increased by 10 mill without a plan to do it. Everyone is suffering

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now a place where I want to live in say Lewisham inner west 10 to 15 years ago would have been achievable we own a apartment in Lewisham but 10 to 15 we could have thought about upgrading to a little place with a backyard ect. I don’t want to live in fucking Western Sydney I grew up in Riverwood and bought my first place in Belmore on a housing commission road so yeah but that’s fucking not possible now because the average little shithole house goes for $1.3 million. I earn fairly good money and my missus is a deputy principal.

I grew up in Riverwood, a fibro housing commission place. Wasn't until I I moved away did I realise how "challenging" it was.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I grew up in Riverwood, a fibro housing commission place. Wasn't until I I moved away did I realise how "challenging" it was.
What street bro I grew up when the Dark Side was bad? @Doogie knows

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, our borders need to be permanently closed to refugees and immigrants.

don’t care where you’re from just go live somewhere else

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
No bro yo don't. I know Lewo because I did High School there.

And correct folk like you work pay tax contribute and you can't buy a house BUT we let foreign buyers compete to force up prices and like my kids....2 are moving back to Mum & Dad's B & B because of the high rents.
Christian Brothers on Toothill I’m guessing I live about a minute away. I love the area because I can’t walk down the street without 15 people saying hi Chris.. It’s just nice. The young ones these days are going to have to rely on generational wealth so mum and dads house is worth this much which when they die I might be able to afford to put a deposit on a unit in Narwee..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The peakhurst side - 60s n 70s
Ahh the rich side ha ha only joking I was the Herne Bay side but I grew up in the 80s and 90s I went to Peaky Public and Peaky High