I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kieran Foran says he is relieved to have avoided another serious toe injury as he sets his sights on a return, and a one-year extension, with Canterbury.

Foran has been cleared of serious ligament damage after injuring his left big toe midway through the first half during Saturday's loss to St George Illawarra, despite hearing a ''pop'' as he tried to step out of a tackle.

The Bulldogs playmaker feared another long stint on the sidelines was on the cards after a similar blow midway through 2018.

"I actually thought it was 2018 all over,'' Foran said. "It was that sore and swollen, but the MRI came back and showed I've only sprained the ligaments.

I'll be touch and go for Newcastle this weekend. It's still tender and I can't put a lot of weight through it at the moment. We'll see how it settles down and we'll make a call late in the week - I'll give it up until Friday.''

Foran remains unsigned beyond this season but hopes to extend his stay at Belmore. He said he felt he owed the club for splashing big money on him only for his body to keep letting him down.

"I'm not after mammoth dollars. I signed here for big money, and I've been injured a fair chunk of that time,'' Foran said.

"I've only been able to play a certain amount of games, so it hasn't been a good feeling.

When you experience the tough times with a club, it's always so much more rewarding if you can turn things around and enjoy the really good times.

From a personal point of view, staying on is what I want to do. Hopefully they're thinking the same and keen to keep me on. I've had a busted run with injury, but I'm hoping my body will come full circle and I have a few injury-free seasons at a really high level.

"I don't know where my value sits. You're worth as much as a club is prepared to pay you.''

Meanwhile, the Dogs are clinging to the hope they can retain back-rower Corey Harawira-Naera as he weighs up a move to Canberra.

The Raiders want the Kiwi international in the nation's capital before the August 3 transfer deadline.

Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor were deregistered by the NRL for their part in the pre-season Port Macquarie schoolgirl scandal but had that decision overturned on appeal. Okunbor will remain at Belmore.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you missing something?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, regardless of people’s opinions on whether we keep or sell him, you can’t knock his effort on the field when fit, nor his attitude towards the club.

it’s not his fault Hasler paid that much for him. I’d take it too. Look at Darius Boyd and Jack Bird ffs.

for the record, for mine, if he takes an offer of 300K then that is a risk worth taking for what he brings when he’s on.

each to their own though.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard it all before. At the start of the season there were articles out saying he's stronger than ever. Time to move on. If he goes to another club and kills it then good luck to him but more than likely he takes 400k to play a couple of games while we rely on a rookie half to fill the void

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this is simple, dogs to drag this out to after august 3, then raiders can suck a dick
Kieran Foran says he is relieved to have avoided another serious toe injury as he sets his sights on a return, and a one-year extension, with Canterbury.

Foran has been cleared of serious ligament damage after injuring his left big toe midway through the first half during Saturday's loss to St George Illawarra, despite hearing a ''pop'' as he tried to step out of a tackle.

The Bulldogs playmaker feared another long stint on the sidelines was on the cards after a similar blow midway through 2018.

"I actually thought it was 2018 all over,'' Foran said. "It was that sore and swollen, but the MRI came back and showed I've only sprained the ligaments.

I'll be touch and go for Newcastle this weekend. It's still tender and I can't put a lot of weight through it at the moment. We'll see how it settles down and we'll make a call late in the week - I'll give it up until Friday.''

Foran remains unsigned beyond this season but hopes to extend his stay at Belmore. He said he felt he owed the club for splashing big money on him only for his body to keep letting him down.

"I'm not after mammoth dollars. I signed here for big money, and I've been injured a fair chunk of that time,'' Foran said.

"I've only been able to play a certain amount of games, so it hasn't been a good feeling.

When you experience the tough times with a club, it's always so much more rewarding if you can turn things around and enjoy the really good times.

From a personal point of view, staying on is what I want to do. Hopefully they're thinking the same and keen to keep me on. I've had a busted run with injury, but I'm hoping my body will come full circle and I have a few injury-free seasons at a really high level.

"I don't know where my value sits. You're worth as much as a club is prepared to pay you.''

Meanwhile, the Dogs are clinging to the hope they can retain back-rower Corey Harawira-Naera as he weighs up a move to Canberra.

The Raiders want the Kiwi international in the nation's capital before the August 3 transfer deadline.

Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor were deregistered by the NRL for their part in the pre-season Port Macquarie schoolgirl scandal but had that decision overturned on appeal. Okunbor will remain at Belmore.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You've got to respect the bloke. He's always given his all for us. Good on him for wanting to repay the club and literally talking his value down instead of looking for max value elsewhere

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score

Well done Keiran. Regardless of my thoughts you have won me over. Loyalty is rear these days and my hats off to you.
Congrats
That's how it's done CHN I would rather a player who appreciates the club for what it has done for him than CHN the victim sook

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOLLLL as much as ive tried, fuck it’s hard to hate the bloke. I hope the club and Keiron can reach an agreement to play on next season.
R u fair dinkum he’s received 3.6mill over 3 yrs,works out to about 90k a game, for the games he’s played,if he stays for 300k fine otherwise ,best wishes.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
R u fair dinkum he’s received 3.6mill over 3 yrs,works out to about 90k a game, for the games he’s played,if he stays for 300k fine otherwise ,best wishes.
Yeah I am fair dinkum, you’ve seen what happen when he went off against the dragons and unless you have someone to replace him with then YES we need to regain him

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
His contract wasn't $3.6 million over 3 years it was $2.8 million.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am fair dinkum, you’ve seen what happen when he went off against the dragons and unless you have someone to replace him with then YES we need to regain him
Yes I saw it, I saw 3 of our senior players,give away possession on the 2nd and 3rd on 3 occasions in the second half,at vital stages,I doubt wether it would have been any different if he was there

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I saw it, I saw 3 of our senior players,give away possession on the 2nd and 3rd on 3 occasions in the second half,at vital stages,I doubt wether it would have been any different if he was there
Team needs him more than he needs this team. No ifs or buts.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I respect him for acknowledging that he hasn't given a return on the investment and is willing to stay for less..

If it means we miss out on someone like Burton though, then I'm dead against re-signing Foran.

If we can still sign a good half like Burton and keep Foran around for 300k for one year, then I wouldn't complain despite the injury risk. Anything more and it's not worth it and we should move on.