I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

Malla

Reaction score
We are definitely better with him. If we had a better half, less pressure would be on Foran to have so many touches and create plays the way he does. He's leading our team in assists. He should not be kicking as much as he does in general play either. I think Forans effectiveness comes more from his running game.

If the offer is right, we should keep him. If Burton is coming to us, having Foran would be great for Burton.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We still appear to being half arsing things by wanting to keep Foran at a cut rate.

This is why at times I get jealous of the Rooters. They have a SoO halfback in Pearce. Nope - not good enough, and they flick him for Cronk who is instrumental in them winning a premiership.

We have become the kings of accepting mediocrity.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's most important to find the right coach first,
Then sign the players that suits his coaching style
Foran seems to be showing the caring and responsible qualities that is desperately needed around this joint, for a fair contract with insurance clauses I would team him up with someone like Burton
CHN, I understand he feels let down by the incompetent management but it doesn't change the fact HE let himself, the fans and the club down by his irresponsibly behavior, the saddest thing he is showing the same irresponsibly trying to gain a better contract elswhere.
With an attitude like this we don't need him !!!

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I would do...
1. At a reasonable price I would keep Foran, otherwise get Maloney for experience to replace him
2. Sign Burton to play 5/8
3. Sign Field to play Fullback and if needed 1/2
This will solve our 1/2, 5/8 and fullback problems !!!
Add to that a very classy hooker...then any thing is possible !!!

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I would do...
1. At a reasonable price I would keep Foran, otherwise get Maloney for experience to replace him
2. Sign Burton to play 5/8
3. Sign Field to play Fullback and if needed 1/2
This will solve our 1/2, 5/8 and fullback problems !!!
Add to that a very classy hooker...then any thing is possible !!!
Field < Averillo

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d keep him on a discounted contract with the opportunity to work with our halves post footy in some sort coaching role.

Offer him a 1 year extension with an option in the clubs favour for another year. If his body fails him again next year then 2022 he moves into a coaching / ambassador role similar to what Souths did with Inglis.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up by 12 points with 20 to go is alot different to being down by 12 with 20 to go when it comes to the mindset of a half, he might not of got us home if we we're down by 12 but he definitely would have closed out the game for us if he was on the field in the second half
Yes ,but he wasn’t there,just like he wasn’t there for the last 3 years

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHN can sit on the reserves bench for the remainder of this season and next the ungrateful C***!!! But knowing our week club they'll let him join the raider's guaranteed!!!

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with signing him on a low ball contract purely because we struggle to get anyone decent for a fair price. I feel we don't have a lot of choices right now.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this guy will say anything for a new deal, earlier this season he said he wasn't injured and would be playing if the corona virus hadn't suspended games, then he was injured again when that was put to the test and the nrl resumed

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still appear to being half arsing things by wanting to keep Foran at a cut rate.

This is why at times I get jealous of the Rooters. They have a SoO halfback in Pearce. Nope - not good enough, and they flick him for Cronk who is instrumental in them winning a premiership.

We have become the kings of accepting mediocrity.
Problem with that is, we ain’t flicking a Foran for a Cronk....

I see your point though.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How do you sprain a ligament with no contact? He was literally kicking a ball untouched.
My cousin dislocated his shoulder taking a piece of toast out of the toaster.

True story.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS he can stay for one year if he gets Daddy to sponsor us.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are a much better side with him on the field, the weekends game was prime example as soon as he went off we didn't score another try!
Im not saying we pay big dollars for him but at least give him another season to prove his worth on less money than he currently is on.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
translated that means no other club is interested in signing a busted arse player

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So many idiotic comments in this thread.
For fuck sake nobody can control injuries.

However human psychology dictates that you don't offer a new 1 year contract to Foran at a massive discount say $300k and expect him to be the dominant half in the team or be a team leader and also "nurture" the young blokes. Either the club is all in with Foran or is all out.

Unlike many have said in the thread I think he could certainly get a better offer within the NRL. He could certainly earn much more money in Japanese Rugby.

Foz to move on I think. It has been cursed relationship.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran will take the highest contract on offer. Regardless of which club it is. And why not? So I note he did not say he WOULD play with the dogs next year. He only said he hopes th club wants him enough to meet the price of any other club which makes an offer that his manager goes a-courting.