I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol is this still a thing. People can claim its loyalty, it reaks of desperation to me lol. Surplus, barret knows it, and now foran knows it lol. Where his only chance. 95 thousand tops we still get him. But no people still want to give him extras. Good bbq man these days.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I saw it, I saw 3 of our senior players,give away possession on the 2nd and 3rd on 3 occasions in the second half,at vital stages,I doubt wether it would have been any different if he was there
Up by 12 points with 20 to go is alot different to being down by 12 with 20 to go when it comes to the mindset of a half, he might not of got us home if we we're down by 12 but he definitely would have closed out the game for us if he was on the field in the second half

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like the bloke, but I’d rather spend the money on experience with some reliability (Green/Maloney) or youthful prospects (Burton/Sailor/Field).

We can’t continue to waste money for 50% or less availability

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
My problem is that he can't be relied upon. We can't go through a season every year wondering if our half will be playing or most likely not. It's too much of a hindrance moving forward. Even now we are waiting until Friday to see if he will play this week. We need strong halves that are stable, pre-injury issues and ready to go. As someone previous said, IF we can sign a young half like Burton and still have Foran on the 300k without stopping any recruitment then ok. Effectively making Foran a spare then I have less issue BUT we can't let it stop us moving forward.

As for CHN I would not release him without a proper swap, certainly wouldn't let him go and return if Barrett signs. Your either in this club or you can fuk off. He is acting like a proper sook and providing that we get a great player back I won't lose a second of sleep if he goes. I would also have no issue in him sitting on the sidelines for the rest of the season and not play. I liked him but it's turning the other way for me now!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up by 12 points with 20 to go is alot different to being down by 12 with 20 to go when it comes to the mindset of a half, he might not of got us home if we we're down by 12 but he definitely would have closed out the game for us if he was on the field in the second half
My point being that he wasn’t there was he,just like most of the last 3 years,our money better spent elsewhere

Reactions: JRC

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran's keen to stay, and if it's true that the Dogs have already made him an offer for 1 more year at a much reduced rate than just sign and lets move on mate ... come on Doggies lets stay focus for the rest of this year, sign a new coach and some decent players and lets get back to being competitive and being in the top 8 at least for 2021 ... up the dogs, give us something to look forward to again and cheer on the might blue and white as it has been way too long!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Foran's keen to stay, and if it's true that the Dogs have already made him an offer for 1 more year at a much reduced rate than just sign and lets move on mate ... come on Doggies lets stay focus for the rest of this year, sign a new coach and some decent players and lets get back to being competitive and being in the top 8 at least for 2021 ... up the dogs, give us something to look forward to again and cheer on the might blue and white as it has been way too long!!!
Yes me thoughts exactly lets focus on moving forward, sign the contract and play your heart out Foran

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel bit sorry for him in the fact that he feels the need to defend himself to the fans. He obviously loves playing and seems pretty loyal to us given his comments. If the price is right for both him and the admin I won't complain if he gets another year with us. Injuries are beyond anyone's control. He works hard to get back on the field and I'd be happy for him to get one good season in for his own sake. He might have another disaster of a year and he might not. But on his day he's an asset to the team. If he manages to string a full season together, we'll really benefit from his presence.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Understand that as fans we've expected a lot more from him. Especially with the $ we paid for him. Clear as day he hasn't justified his price tag.

However, don't agree with the hatred for him. Feel he's really put his all into each game, and really wants the club to succeed. Yeah, injuries have killed him but if the club + Foran come up with an amount that both sides are happy with I'd love for him to stay. On his day he's a great player. Every day he's an amazing influence on the youngsters in our team, and I think a huge asset to have in our playing group going forward.

One year extension at a low price? How can anyone complain about this?

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For 75% less I definitely reckon we should keep him. Plus he’s be good mentoring the young halves coming through

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who is anyone to say how much they are worth and what they deserve.
Some are hating on CHN because he wants to leave for possibly more money after the club didnt back hom when he needed the to publicly support him.

I am sure that if the competition of any business you work for offered you a 20% 30% or 50% pay increase, then i am pretty sure you will take it. I dont think anyone would turnaround and say "i am loyal to my current employer, i dont want an extra 100K per year"

Every player deserves every dollar they earn that any team is willing and agrees to pay them.

Its not the players fault if they have missed games due to injury. That is just bad luck for us supporters that we dont see them play as many games as we would like.

We also dont see the work they do at training and everything else behind the scenes, that could make them worth more than just playing 1 game every week.

All the players mention that when Foran is training he leads by example, works they hardest and motivates everyone around him. His experience is gold around our young inexperienced kids in the team.

R u fair dinkum he’s received 3.6mill over 3 yrs,works out to about 90k a game, for the games he’s played,if he stays for 300k fine otherwise ,best wishes.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For 75% less I definitely reckon we should keep him. Plus he’s be good mentoring the young halves coming through
For the right price yes he's as good as we can get for the short term. However I'd like to think the same about him being a valuable mentor to our younger halves. Someone like cronk who gave value to the younger guys. I haven't seen a half that's been partnered with foran in our side that's nailed the position. I can't put my finger on it other than he's brilliant in his own right but doesn't transform that to a mentoring role.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is anyone to say how much they are worth and what they deserve.
Some are hating on CHN because he wants to leave for possibly more money after the club didnt back hom when he needed the to publicly support him.

I am sure that if the competition of any business you work for offered you a 20% 30% or 50% pay increase, then i am pretty sure you will take it. I dont think anyone would turnaround and say "i am loyal to my current employer, i dont want an extra 100K per year"

Every player deserves every dollar they earn that any team is willing and agrees to pay them.

Its not the players fault if they have missed games due to injury. That is just bad luck for us supporters that we dont see them play as many games as we would like.

We also dont see the work they do at training and everything else behind the scenes, that could make them worth more than just playing 1 game every week.

All the players mention that when Foran is training he leads by example, works they hardest and motivates everyone around him. His experience is gold around our young inexperienced kids in the team.
I appreciate what u are saying and you make some decent points,but in reality it’s like driving a bus that constantly breaks down,eventually that bus needs to be replaced with a new one.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look, regardless of people’s opinions on whether we keep or sell him, you can’t knock his effort on the field when fit, nor his attitude towards the club.

it’s not his fault Hasler paid that much for him. I’d take it too. Look at Darius Boyd and Jack Bird ffs.

for the record, for mine, if he takes an offer of 300K then that is a risk worth taking for what he brings when he’s on.

each to their own though.
agree
agree
agree
BUT
the discontinuation of him constantly in and out of the side is what costs us.
If he plays that game on the weekend 2nd half we win
If hes not in this week more discontinuation
then it goes again the following week, until the next injury. Then we factor in the games where hes returning from injury and does fuck all on the field
He cant be our primary playmaker with the above in mind, but as we all know we probs dont have a choice

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another year older and more injury prone.It was a bad idea to want to keep him before the rule changes,now with the pace of the game it is clear cut.