If we miss the 8 - should Hasler be sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CB 1935

Newcastle have the oldest team in the NRL.....Buderus, Tahu, mason, gidley, gower, smith, just to name a few. All well over 30. They are washed up and injury phone. Which QLD players are older ?
Make the questions easier for him - pleeeaase?

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
CB 1935, I think we all had enough of your crap, so lets just Drop it and don't Reply back no more. This Thread should be deleted or Closed ASAP.. Causing too much problems!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last year over achieved
this year under achieving
should make the 8
wether we do anything in the finals or not is another story!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will someone please delete this tread and ban this fucking schoolgirl ? 134 thumbs down in 68 posts ! He's either a massive troll or he just doesn't fit in here. Do us all a favour, especially him (some of these guys will crush him)

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you 1935, By having an opinion that does not fit in with the daily dribblers on here, you will be fllamed.

I dont think Des should be sacked. Yet. Let him have a few years. K Moore also did well in his 1st season as coach and then we sucked afterwards. Pretty much what is happening this year, I do rate Des alot higher than i ever rated KM.

Im sick and tired of hearing how Barba's issues and injuries have affected our season. Plain BULLSHIT. ( more thumbs down cause i bagged benny the 1 year phenomenon).

Our plays seem to be shit this year and its not because of the obstruction rule. It is because we have a rock the size of ULURU that gets in the way everytime the ball goes out to the backline.

We should make 8th, but as a lifetime supporter of this famous club, i am not satisfied with just making the top 8, I expect to be challenging for the top 4.

Hope ive made some sense.

Raz

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you 1935, By having an opinion that does not fit in with the daily dribblers on here, you will be fllamed.

I dont think Des should be sacked. Yet. Let him have a few years. K Moore also did well in his 1st season as coach and then we sucked afterwards. Pretty much what is happening this year, I do rate Des alot higher than i ever rated KM.

Im sick and tired of hearing how Barba's issues and injuries have affected our season. Plain BULLSHIT. ( more thumbs down cause i bagged benny the 1 year phenomenon).

Our plays seem to be shit this year and its not because of the obstruction rule. It is because we have a rock the size of ULURU that gets in the way everytime the ball goes out to the backline.

We should make 8th, but as a lifetime supporter of this famous club, i am not satisfied with just making the top 8, I expect to be challenging for the top 4.

Raz
Raz having an opinion is one thing but completely ignoring the facts which invalidate the argument and only picking stats/facts which support the argument is plain dumb... and this is what CB 1935 has been doing in this thread.

For example: asking me who would I pick from Newcastle side which has "older" players.... but completely ignoring the fact that Newcastle has 3 current internationals and one excellent half back who are well under 30 Uate, Boyd and Gidley. plus Jarrod Mullen is a better half back than ours all are well under 30.

Having older players in the team doesnt mean the team wont go well.... Qld team is much older than NSW, but had their arses raped in the last game.

You can see from his posts he is only here to Troll.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bennet has more power than Hasler at Knights and much better players on paper than us..... WTF has he done in last 2 years?
Not impressed you made me agree with the retard but yeh, Newcastle a better team on paper?.... hardly. Bennett is a decent coach, but hes no chance of getting that pack of washed up has beens into the GF, letalone win a comp.

1974 BERRIES

Waterboy
Reaction score

Raz
One of the best posts I've read. CB 1935, has been critical of the dogs this year, and I agree that our results this year have been poor and someone must be held accountable. Usually that is the coach. I think Ben Barba has a lot to answer for IMO. The disruptive start to year was brought about by his erratic behaviour , culminating in all of those rumours that besieged our club.
i like Raz, expect us to make the 8, but as for the top 4, we need manly to drop off, as the top 3 spots seem sewn up.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post Raz - made alot of sense - I am like you, I cant put up with a non top 8 finish,it's just unacceptable. Kevin Moore got us to one game away from a famous gf and was destroyed soon after. Im not so sure Hasler is any better than him - dont believe the hype! Also dont worry about peanut brains like poor old Indiandog, he took on the fist of god, way down in Mexico...
Comparing Kevin Moore to Des Hasler is just plain dumb. I have met both and I can assure u Des has greater respect from the playing group than Kevin ever did. Des is the best coach in the game. Period! He is the ultimate professional and has an unbelievable attention to detail. U will be eating humble pie with ur comments as the dogs will come home strong this year.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think missing the 8 talk is a little
Premature after glancing at the table. I reckon sharks, titans and manly will lose this week so that leaves us 1 point off the top 4 and 2 points clear of 9th. I think it would take form worse than the 1st half of the season to miss the 8 and a bit of improvement for the 2nd half of the season to see us make the top 4. This point is compounded given the good run we have for the rest of 2013. Had we beaten the roosters we would be top 4 prob and this topic would not exist!
Keep the faith people and go the dogs !

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Honestly ... until it's mathematically impossible. There's no point in worrying. A rugby league season is a journey. A thrill-ride if you will. Not a succession of ticked boxes and delivered expectations.

Expectation, leads to disappointment : And with the frame of mind of our esteemed OP, you run the risk of a psychological level burn-out. In that world, everything needs to be just so, in order for one to go away 'satisfied'. And if it's not ladder position, the 'for-and-against', the penalties given away, the completion rates, the use of interchanges, the percentage of tries scored down a left flank, the number of tries scored outside the 20m zone ... it'll inevitably be some other facet that STILL displeases you.

If you're so reliant on a "W" (or more) at the end of a game in order to judge the merits of how our team (and/or club as a whole) performs, you're f*cking doing it wrong !

Let our rich history be a guide ... we are built on resilience, strength, unswerving tenacity in the face of adversity.

Sure, we started the year bad. If you stop for one freekin' minute and I don't know ... maybe smell what the Rock is cookin', you'd know that "this was expected". Graham was out for 12 weeks. Kasiano, Pritchard BOTH injured and coming back from surgery. Payne gone to greener pastures.

If that isn't enough to derail our best intentions for off-season preparation, I'm pretty sure the fact our CEO imposed a 'football ban' on our biggest attacking weapon in the interests of his long-term sanity ALL resulted in us starting the season many, many weeks behind the 8-ball. Whereas, other teams had "months" to prepare, and map out plans to rise to the challenge we level that "WE" set last year.

So here's what you do ... you take all of that into account, and throw idiotic ideas like "minor premierships" out the window, in place of a more attainable and realistic goal of "making the finals 1st of all". After all, this is what our 'boys' are striving for. To be part of the end-of-year action, and be in with a 'chance for glory'.

So take yer expectations, and stick 'em in yer clacka !!!

You gotta win 12 games to make finals.
I'm cheering the boys toward THAT goal.

After that ... it all boils down to who wants it more on the day.

If you want in on this ride, better get on now. Like a roller-coaster, we're almost at the top, and ready to free-fall at 150kph towards September.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great post Raz - made alot of sense - I am like you, I cant put up with a non top 8 finish,it's just unacceptable. Kevin Moore got us to one game away from a famous gf and was destroyed soon after. Im not so sure Hasler is any better than him - dont believe the hype! Also dont worry about peanut brains like poor old Indiandog, he took on the fist of god, way down in Mexico...
Des has won 2 premierships in the last 5. Kevin Moore has won how many?

Des was also a much better player than Kev when he played.

Who cares if you can put up with a non top 8 finish. Since des came to us, we were in the GF and are 7th right now despite a bad start to the season that i can excuse with the amount of important players we had out then. So where is the non top 8 finish bozo?

Are school holidays over this week or next week?

I added a few thumbs down for you, you can thank me later. Its obvious you want them, thumbs down are a trolls badge of honor.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly ... until it's mathematically impossible. There's no point in worrying. A rugby league season is a journey. A thrill-ride if you will. Not a succession of ticked boxes and delivered expectations.

Expectation, leads to disappointment : And with the frame of mind of our esteemed OP, you run the risk of a psychological level burn-out. In that world, everything needs to be just so, in order for one to go away 'satisfied'. And if it's not ladder position, the 'for-and-against', the penalties given away, the completion rates, the use of interchanges, the percentage of tries scored down a left flank, the number of tries scored outside the 20m zone ... it'll inevitably be some other facet that STILL displeases you.

If you're so reliant on a "W" (or more) at the end of a game in order to judge the merits of how our team (and/or club as a whole) performs, you're f*cking doing it wrong !

Let our rich history be a guide ... we are built on resilience, strength, unswerving tenacity in the face of adversity.

Sure, we started the year bad. If you stop for one freekin' minute and I don't know ... maybe smell what the Rock is cookin', you'd know that "this was expected". Graham was out for 12 weeks. Kasiano, Pritchard BOTH injured and coming back from surgery. Payne gone to greener pastures.

If that isn't enough to derail our best intentions for off-season preparation, I'm pretty sure the fact our CEO imposed a 'football ban' on our biggest attacking weapon in the interests of his long-term sanity ALL resulted in us starting the season many, many weeks behind the 8-ball. Whereas, other teams had "months" to prepare, and map out plans to rise to the challenge we level that "WE" set last year.

So here's what you do ... you take all of that into account, and throw idiotic ideas like "minor premierships" out the window, in place of a more attainable and realistic goal of "making the finals 1st of all". After all, this is what our 'boys' are striving for. To be part of the end-of-year action, and be in with a 'chance for glory'.

So take yer expectations, and stick 'em in yer clacka !!!

You gotta win 12 games to make finals.
I'm cheering the boys toward THAT goal.

After that ... it all boils down to who wants it more on the day.

If you want in on this ride, better get on now. Like a roller-coaster, we're almost at the top, and ready to free-fall at 150kph towards September.
Well said CK!

C

CB 1935

Des has won 2 premierships in the last 5. Kevin Moore has won how many?

Des was also a much better player than Kev when he played.

Who cares if you can put up with a non top 8 finish. Since des came to us, we were in the GF and are 7th right now despite a bad start to the season that i can excuse with the amount of important players we had out then. So where is the non top 8 finish bozo?

Are school holidays over this week or next week?

I added a few thumbs down for you, you can thank me later. Its obvious you want them, thumbs down are a trolls badge of honor.

Take it easy - you make some good points - much better discussion today I must admit. Also great photo - who is it?

1974 BERRIES

Waterboy
Reaction score
Raz having an opinion is one thing but completely ignoring the facts which invalidate the argument and only picking stats/facts which support the argument is plain dumb... and this is what CB 1935 has been doing in this thread.

For example: asking me who would I pick from Newcastle side which has "older" players.... but completely ignoring the fact that Newcastle has 3 current internationals and one excellent half back who are well under 30 Uate, Boyd and Gidley. plus Jarrod Mullen is a better half back than ours all are well under 30.

Having older players in the team doesnt mean the team wont go well.... Qld team is much older than NSW, but had their arses raped in the last game.

You can see from his posts he is only here to Troll.
As a newcomer to this site, but a person who has been to every dogs home game since 2003, what defines a troll ? Is it someone who decides to disagree with the majority ? Because, although I don't agree with CB 1939, I would find it hard to believe he is not a doggies supporter. Just because he is critical of our team, doesn't mean he is not a supporter.

1974 BERRIES

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have a Feeling that 1974 BERRIES and CB 1935 are both the Same 100%
U r 1000% correct. Every one that agrees with him is in fact him. I don't agree with most of what he has said , but for fuks sake, can't I have an opinion?
Heres one for you. THE DOGS WILL WIN THE COMP IF WE MAKE THE TOP 4

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is how a true freind will tell you what you need to hear where the clingons just tell you what u want to hear ,some of the sheep on here who praise hasler or our team regardless of how they are playing is pathetic and fake .we all love our doggies but have some balls and an opinion,trex should not be in first grade ,des has been given practically everything hes wanted ,he has dropped the ball so far this year ,i feel for greenberg who gave des everything he wanted and im sure would have liked a premiership this year

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow - intelligent and coherent responses! It must be a day thing, as the freaks that crawl out after sunset like Double ass from Mehico and Indianlog, man their responses have to be deciphered to be believed!
Decipher this, you are a trolling fuckwit in the highest degree. I can't believe even the most respected members on here posted replies in this thread. You keep sticking with lame insult "double ass", you can kiss both of them

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decipher this, you are a trolling fuckwit in the highest degree. I can't believe even the most respected members on here posted replies in this thread. You keep sticking with lame insult "double ass", you can kiss both of them
Lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am amazed how the dickhead cant comprehend that Des got the team to grand final and won the minor premiership which was comprised of players who were playing nsw cup in the beginning of the year.

Before 2012, No one fucken knew who Finucane, Jacskon, Reynolds, Kasiano were , Barba had big question marks on his defence, Josh Morris was playing NSW cup, Ennis was a penalty magnet..... all the players took their game to another level under Des.... this all credit goes to Des you shit for brains.

The start to 2013 was the worst possible interms of injuries and dramas with last Dally M player of the year and yet we are placed at 7 you dick head..... and yet you are asking for Des to be sacked and questioning his ability as a coach.

you are so pathetic that i should punch myself just for replying to your stupid post.

Status
Not open for further replies.