If we miss the 8 - should Hasler be sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CB 1935

Hi guys - with us having the bye this week, I have been contemplating the good and the bad of our season in 2013. I know what I am demanding may cause angst, but lets have a thorough analysis into this - if we miss the 8, then Hasler should be, in my opinion,sacked. Why?

1 With our roster, missing the 8 is an absolute disgrace.

2 Who has he brought to our club? That slab of crap Tony Williams and zero else - he implied Foran,DCE,Lyon,both Stewarts and Matai would follow him to us.

3 Our new young guns like Jackson and Finucane are going backwards in their development this year - Jackson has gone from SOO possibility to the bench!

4 We cant seem to compete with the top 8 teams this year - who cares if we beat Parra every week and get obliterated by the big guns?

5 We have no new attacking structures - once we got found out, and our sweeping obstruction plays which resulted in many a great but illegal try were banned, this year we having zero - fat duck egg.

6 Our for and against is atrocious - it is negative, and we are in the 8? Feel proud or
embarassed Mr Hasler?

7 Who is going to control his massive ego now that Greenburg has gone? When we dont make the 8, he will go insane and blame everyone but himself like Frankenstein's monster!

8 Finally, lets not forget that he had a magnificent roster at Manly when he won those two comps, and had Melb not cheated in 2007 maybe they would have won 3.

Is he the coach the media make out? I dont think so - time to go Mr Hasler!!!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys - with us having the bye this week, I have been contemplating the good and the bad of our season in 2013. I know what I am demanding may cause angst, but lets have a thorough analysis into this - if we miss the 8, then Hasler should be, in my opinion,sacked. Why?

2 Who has he brought to our club? That slab of crap Tony Williams and zero else - he implied Foran,DCE,Lyon,both Stewarts and Matai would follow him to us.

3 Our new young guns like Jackson and Finucane are going backwards in their development this year - Jackson has gone from SOO possibility to the bench!

4 We cant seem to compete with the top 8 teams this year - who cares if we beat Parra every week and get obliterated by the big guns?

5 We have no new attacking structures - once we got found out, and our sweeping obstruction plays which resulted in many a great but illegal try were banned, this year we having zero - fat duck egg.

6 Our for and against is atrocious - it is negative, and we are in the 8? Feel proud or
embarassed Mr Hasler?

7 Who is going to control his massive ego now that Greenburg has gone? When we dont make the 8, he will go insane and blame everyone but himself like Frankenstein's monster!

8 Finally, lets not forget that he had a magnificent roster at Manly when he won those two comps, and had Melb not cheated in 2007 maybe they would have won 3.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

i havent laughed this hard since i watched Anchor Man, Old School and Wedding Crashes, all in one day.

thank you.........

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think if he misses the finals he should be given the kevin moore 2011 level of leeway for next year

to give him the keys and pay him so much, success is required

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
No he shouldn't. Can't blame him for off field distractions that have hindered our progress this season. Also injury and suspensions have played a part in where we sit on the table. Its hard to be positive with so much negativity clouding the team and the fact the a large group of fans also doubt their team isn't helping either. Yes, changes do need to be made, but its more to do with a few players than coaching staff.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you even think before you start a thread? Finucane and Jackson have been solid this year.
Maybe last week was a hangover from Brookvale and we need to stay focussed but we are far from gone for 2013.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

embarassed Mr Hasler?

wtf lol

C

CB 1935

No he shouldn't. Can't blame him for off field distractions that have hindered our progress this season. Also injury and suspensions have played a part in where we sit on the table. Its hard to be positive with so much negativity clouding the team and the fact the a large group of fans also doubt their team isn't helping either. Yes, changes do need to be made, but its more to do with a few players than coaching staff.
In all seriousness, what has he accomplished with his gumby sidekick Kelly Egan than our bald warrior Jimmy Dymock wouldn't have? Why did we need the Manly sidkicks? Somethings amiss and I will find out...

Blue47

Waterboy
Reaction score
Des is admittedly a very odd character and where Manly were willing to overlook those eccentricities as he was part of the furniture , I don't think we should be willing to give him the same leeway.We are a club that demands success ,even though it has been in short supply since our last tainted title in 2004.
If you watch our team in attack this year compared to last year, the players seem to be having doubts about the structure of those sweeping moves and are moving from side to side rather than anyone running directly.In addition I think we have been left behind this year as most games are featuring quicker play the balls and you can't defend against that whilst carrying forwards like Kas and T-Rex who are just too slow.

C

CB 1935

We wont miss the eight!
How can you be so sure? We are on the precipice of the 8, ready to slide into the abyss - thats not good enough for us Doggies fans, we must demand that little bit extra from our supercoach!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can you be so sure? We are on the precipice of the 8, ready to slide into the abyss - thats not good enough for us Doggies fans, we must demand that little bit extra from our supercoach!
I do agree that Des is a great coach. Considering that we had injury concerns early in the season & we have won 6 of our past 8 games, we will get into the top eight.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw folkes got absolutely no leeway a few years after winning the competition, in fact he got let go despite making the finals

but this thread title should be changed to should hasler be blamed, in which case yes he should be blamed

btw james graham vs tony williams= kevin moore has a victory over hasler imo

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You have a very low threshold for success.

My understanding at the time was that Hasler was brought in to turn the competition's worst underachievers in the past decade into a well drilled dominant outfit that strikes fear in the hearts of the opposition.

Hasler successfully overhauled the team in 2012.

Our defence was the best in the competition.

Our attack wasn't great but we did enough.

This year we have gone backwards and I think it's got more to do with the attitude of players and lack of competition/pressure from the lower grades. Let's start with players who are in form slump:

Barba, Morris, Inu, Perrett.

Kasiano and Trex.

With that many players not performing we are lucky that we are not contenders for the spoon. Hodkinson and Reynolds are struggling with that many underperforming players around them and that's why they look bad.

Hasler cannot be responsible for the poor form of players. He is responsible for results and I am expecting a comp win within the next 2 years.

C

CB 1935

Come on Moe - try a little harder for me - please make me feel better,convince me we can win the comp, and that Hasler should not be unceremoniously dumped. The thought of us not making the 8 horrifies me.I remember when we got the centenary spoon in 2008 I went insane for about 4 months and was a broken man...please Des not again....

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy is obviously a troll, can we just ban him?

C

CB 1935

You have a very low threshold for success.

My understanding at the time was that Hasler was brought in to turn the competition's worst underachievers in the past decade into a well drilled dominant outfit that strikes fear in the hearts of the opposition.

Hasler successfully overhauled the team in 2012.

Our defence was the best in the competition.

Our attack wasn't great but we did enough.

This year we have gone backwards and I think it's got more to do with the attitude of players and lack of competition/pressure from the lower grades. Let's start with players who are in form slump:

Barba, Morris, Inu, Perrett.

Kasiano and Trex.

With that many players not performing we are lucky that we are not contenders for the spoon. Hodkinson and Reynolds are struggling with that many underperforming players around them and that's why they look bad.

Hasler cannot be responsible for the poor form of players. He is responsible for results and I am expecting a comp win within the next 2 years.
Great response - put some thought into that. However, Im not sure what Des is up to? Didnt he bring some shrink over from Manly, a Mr Novak? What's that all about? Imagine him looking into the empty brain cases of Williams & Kasiano!!! Come to think of it I might need his services too the way we are going...

Blue47

Waterboy
Reaction score
Outoforder , how can you say that there is no pressure from the lower grades.We were flying in all grades last year - what has gone wrong.Is it that Des is reluctant to promote any of the younger talented guys.For example rather than give Lafai a go last year he buys Sam Perrett who lets face it is past his use by date.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why does everyone feed the troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.