Opinion If pay gets the flick which coach would you like to coach the bulldogs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beggars can't be chooses, doubt anyone with long term ambition would want to come here, it would be the end of their career sad but true.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Jason Ryles as head coach. He has been at the Storm for a while as their defensive coach and more recently their senior assistant coach. Ryles is a key guy for the current forwards and the young ones coming through. Welsh, Brandon Smith, Kafuisi all have credited Ryles and look at how good those blokes are. Even the England Rugby Union team used Ryles as a defensive coach for period. Another rookie coach would be risk but at least Ryles has the proven record and would be coming from a good system and the Storms defence is near if not the best for the past 5 years plus he has been there. What the fuck did Pay do at Canberra as their defense coach let teams score 20 plus points the gronk.
Pay was a Bellamy understudy to, arguably has a better resume than Ryles

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beggars can't be chooses, doubt anyone with long term ambition would want to come here, it would be the end of their career sad but true.
There is only 16 jobs to go around and we have cleared most of the cap troubles so a new coach would have a clear slate and money to spend.

We are more then financially stable so we would actually be a fairly attractive club to coach.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Given The Anderson's are very influential now, it wouldn't shock me if they went with Brett Kimmorley. He played with the club, he was a premiership winning halfback for Chris Anderson at Melbourne and followed him to Cronulla. In saying that, Dean Pay deserves a chance with a squad that is using it's whole salary cap on players currently playing for the club.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pay has spent more time with Ricky and it shows.
wish the brutal honesty from ricky would have rubbed off on him too, Pay beats around the bush...perfect example is the lichaa comment is the r2 presser.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Pay was a Bellamy understudy to, arguably has a better resume than Ryles
Wasn't Pay just under 20's coach down there. I wouldn't say Pay has a better resume than Ryles if your going of results. Pay had a good 20's record but as a defense coach and assistant look at the results. Raiders woeful and Parra woeful

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would look into Holbrook. Been at the dogs before and has a pretty neat track record. Only problem is he seems to be locked up in England.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mick Potter, if Dib had been thorough and transparent and selected a head coach on credentials he’s be there instead of Pay

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am all for giving pay a chance this season and I think he has done the right choices of players for this weeks game against the tigers

Malla

Reaction score
He should at least see this year out.

Last time we sacked a coach mid contract that was Moore and look at the mess his incumbent put us in. If we want long term sustainable success, it starts with consistency up the top.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Walters, O'Brien, Holbrook, Walker Brothers and only maybe Henry out of the proven coaches as I think he has a good track record of turning teams around and was screwed over by the Hayne Playne and the rest of the Mexicans at the Gold Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.