Opinion If pay gets the flick which coach would you like to coach the bulldogs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't people think Pay should get a crack at least one season on a level playing field?
Where we are not paying part of the contracts of Woods & Mybe?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't people think Pay should get a crack at least one season on a level playing field?
Where we are not paying part of the contracts of Woods & Mybe?
I'd give Pay to the end of his contract and then assess it. This team isn't good but it can play better then it is and not being competitive is unacceptable.

Adam O'Brien or Justin Holbrook would be my two pick they are modern coaches with fresh idea and both have very impressive resumes.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There are no real standouts available unfortunately.

I wouldn't mind having Neil Henry, he was doing wonders at the Titans before Hayne screwed him and the whole club

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My pick is Neil Henry
Where do I start, let's see, jumped ship from Canberra leaving them in the lurch, sacked from the Cowboys then sacked from the Titans. Even with Thurston (and a solid team around him) at the Cowboys he still had a losing record. Whilst at the Raiders he was named as Coach of the Year in 2008, based on them finishing 6th with a team that everyone underrated. Lasted one season with the Dreamtime team and was replaced, then lasted one season with the Indigenous All Stars and was replaced. Not exactly a record I'm all that impressed with.

Go Dogs

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not too late for Deano to turn things around.

However, hypothetically, why not offer Bellamy or Robinson 10 year deals? Or ask Bennett if he wants to go around again, for up to 5 years?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Jason Ryles as head coach. He has been at the Storm for a while as their defensive coach and more recently their senior assistant coach. Ryles is a key guy for the current forwards and the young ones coming through. Welsh, Brandon Smith, Kafuisi all have credited Ryles and look at how good those blokes are. Even the England Rugby Union team used Ryles as a defensive coach for period. Another rookie coach would be risk but at least Ryles has the proven record and would be coming from a good system and the Storms defence is near if not the best for the past 5 years plus he has been there. What the fuck did Pay do at Canberra as their defense coach let teams score 20 plus points the gronk.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the current coaches that are jobless, are jobless for a reason .. no more scraps please .. I don't have a suggestion really ...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A raving hobo and his pet sock puppet Socky!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin seems to be able to get good short term results and Penrith played a much more attractive brand of footy under him than Cleary(first stint). Problem with him is that he gets players offside everywhere he goes.

Any assistant without head coaching experience would be a gamble. I don’t know if Walters would move to Sydney either. The way the Titans are going he might have a job there next year as they haven’t improved under Brennan.

Status
Not open for further replies.