Opinion Identical Melbourne's King and Waddell face contact

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed it, when did it happen?
It was like looking at your profile picture :D

Same sort of tackle reached across his face with his hands over the Warrior's players eyes. The Warriors player made a complaint and it went on report.

Mid way through the first half I'd say.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was like looking at your profile picture :D

Same sort of tackle reached across his face with his hands over the Warrior's players eyes. The Warriors player made a complaint and it went on report.

Mid way through the first half I'd say.
Around the 19th minute of the first half. Incredibly Harry Grant gets his hand up there for a moment too
Thanks!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t another storm player in the same tackle gouge his eyes as well? Looked like Grants hand did it as well.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t another storm player in the same tackle gouge his eyes as well? Looked like Grants hand did it as well.
Tbh I missed that but @Psycho Doggie mentioned that as well.

Just watched then. If it's a head contact charge then Grant's hand was in and around there but only on the headband and a bit over the top of King's hand while it is over the Warrior's players eye. Doubt Grant will be charged.

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Soon as it happened and went on report I said to my better half that he won't get 5 weeks and the morons at NRL will have some bullshit excuse for why.

It's all too common.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
King will get the same as Waddell for sure. Grant… depends.. what was Waddells actual charge? Grant got his hand in the wrong place but the only reason it wasn’t an eye gouge is his teammate already beat him to it, so there could be something in that, just careless having your hand in that area seems to be the call from the NRL.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I said after Waddell's suspension, the refs have allowed way too much contact to the face this season and players have been getting away with it for the most part tackle after tackle.. If they reffed the game properly instead of focusing on six agains and getting the bunker to do everything for them, they would have stamped it out of the game earlier.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh, it looked worse than Waddell. There was more of a raking motion. But I agree with others, doubt he gets 5 weeks.
Totally agree. Looked much worse. His fingers were in the eye, where as Waddells fingers were just wrapped over the face.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was there an official complaint?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
No charge from the judiciary for King
Lol - and Nelson got nothing for the elbow drop that nearly broke old mates jaw.

And Nelson has been up four times this year and..... $9k in fines. And JWH got charged for his which was more obvious but less damaging.

Believe Dallas is on the judiciary and played 150+ games for the storm. Also worth noting that only match suspensions the storm have had this year are from snorting white and calling the ref a cheat.

What a fckng joke.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol - and Nelson got nothing for the elbow drop that nearly broke old mates jaw.

And Nelson has been up four times this year and..... $9k in fines. And JWH got charged for his which was more obvious but less damaging.

Believe Dallas is on the judiciary and played 150+ games for the storm. Also worth noting that only match suspensions the storm have had this year are from snorting white and calling the ref a cheat.

What a fckng joke.
Seriously what can be done about this? It keeps happening and no one will take a stand and keep saying anything or do anything about it.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously what can be done about this? It keeps happening and no one will take a stand and keep saying anything or do anything about it.
Only thing I can see that would tighten it up would be a team take legal action on the basis of financial loss in circumstances of a clear contradiction - however I wouldn't want to be the first team to do that if I were a and executive of a club.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Simple. Get an ex-Dogs player on the judiciary.

And as a reminder - b4 giving Waddell the ass - Bellew said these are the questions that need to be answered.

Was there contact? (Yep) Was it dangerous? (Yep - well old mate required attention) Was it reckless or was it careless? (well across the eyes from behind). And Tino was fine 5 seconds later, whereas Warriors boy was down for a few minutes. Its a stitch up.

Whats funny though - Lindner - the other player on the judiciary is an optometrist by trade. Go figure....