I used to love Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been to Lakemba, Greenacre, Punchbowl, Wiley Park, Roselands, Bankstown, Auburn, Granville, Merrylands, Brighton Le Sands,Rockdale, and a few other places.

oh and Hobart, Launceston, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Newcastle, Wollongong, Port Stephens, Gold Coast, Taree, Cessnock, Maitland, Taree...love them all. Plus the ones I missed.

Hey we should catch up next time I'm your way.
Ive been every where man .

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just on a side note,
There is an African American singer named Lalah Hatherway and if you spell her first name backwards it spells Halal !

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So things cost more than they used to. So things are made poorly to maximise profits. So security is a bigger issue than "back in the day". Show me one country where the opposite had happened.

Our health care is still one of the best in the world. Our employment rates are actually very good. Our economy is still strong.

This is just whinging for the sake of whinging, IMO. Everything is warm and fuzzy back in the day. The median house price in Sydney is 1,000,000. Our kids will be saying "wow, mum and dad paid less than a million dollars for their house. What a great time to have bought real estate."

Fact is Australia is one of the best and luckiest countries to live in despite what some negative sook says. Yes Australia, like every country in the world, isn't perfect but I still love it despite how I remember things.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
on other points, mining boom has killed the manufacturing industry in Australia...whatever was left of it.

on steriod fed chicken, i know some people who completely avoid chicken cos of the notion "you are what you eat"

the chicken become a full grown 2 kilo chicken from an egg in 8 weeks.

the chicken grows so fast and big that its bones are not even developed properly, that is why you see the chook from poultry farm is always shaking and when it walks the legs are always trembling..... simple fact it is just a very unhealthy source of food and sadly we consume it every day of the week.

no wonder all these athletes are breaking down so quick when in the past you had lillee and thompson bowling 100 miles and hour, with no proper diets or exercise yet never used to go injured.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So things cost more than they used to. So things are made poorly to maximise profits. So security is a bigger issue than "back in the day". Show me one country where the opposite had happened.

Our health care is still one of the best in the world. Our employment rates are actually very good. Our economy is still strong.

This is just whinging for the sake of whinging, IMO. Everything is warm and fuzzy back in the day. The median house price in Sydney is 1,000,000. Our kids will be saying "wow, mum and dad paid less than a million dollars for their house. What a great time to have bought real estate."

Fact is Australia is one of the best and luckiest countries to live in despite what some negative sook says.
Id still would like to have lived in a era where I owned a slave of some kind

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
on other points, mining boom has killed the manufacturing industry in Australia...whatever was left of it.

on steriod fed chicken, i know some people who completely avoid chicken cos of the notion "you are what you eat"

the chicken become a full grown 2 kilo chicken from an egg in 8 weeks.

the chicken grows so fast and big that its bones are not even developed properly, that is why you see the chook from poultry farm is always shaking and when it walks the legs are always trembling..... simple fact it is just a very unhealthy source of food and sadly we consume it every day of the week.

no wonder all these athletes are breaking down so quick when in the past you had lillee and thompson bowling 100 miles and hour, with no proper diets or exercise yet never used to go injured.
I have noticed that the chicken bones are smaller these days a

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also people in the out back still live with no bars , no locks, no fear of getting robbed.

country Australia is pretty much what you mentioned about Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane 30-40 years ago.

the more you go country, more you find people who are genuine and go out of their way to help you out.

the problem is with growing population in a small vicinity you always get higher crime, more distrust, more robotic type life style.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like most blokes, just ask your wife what it's like to have a slave

fkn lol!!!!

ask my wife, she has the wip yet she thinks she is a slave.

it is hard to argue with a master, who doesnt even acknowledge its whip.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have noticed that the chicken bones are smaller these days a

mate, try having a "normal chicken" grown on a farm who has lived a "normal" life.

the flesh is something you would have never eaten before.

the bones you cant even crack with a hammer.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's still pockets of the good life in this country.
Where I live, we have a mine that's keeps half the town in work, I buy my veggies from a farm at the top of town and my meat from a butcher that sources local produce. I live 5mins from the beach and 40mins from the city.
I can't go to the shops without bumping into 20 people who want to stop and have a chat.
We have a free local pool and community events on every other weekend (just last night I took the little fella to free carols and fireworks).
I've nothing to complain about.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There's still pockets of the good life in this country.
Where I live, we have a mine that's keeps half the town in work, I buy my veggies from a farm at the top of town and my meat from a butcher that sources local produce. I live 5mins from the beach and 40mins from the city.
I can't go to the shops without bumping into 20 people who want to stop and have a chat.
We have a free local pool and community events on every other weekend (just last night I took the little fella to free carols and fireworks).
I've nothing to complain about.
Where is that Bill, i want to move there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.