I used to love Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I once loved my country!
I remember back in 1968 living in Brisbane that the 3 major cities back then were Sydney. Melbourne & Adelaide. And Adelaide was the Industrial City.
Adelaide - South Australia was were you went to work in the Iron Ore Industry or where you could get a job making railway tracks for B.H.P. You could get a job building ships, submarines, cars, washing machines, fridges, TV’s, Hills hoists, Victa Lawn Mowers, or make tyres at Bridgestone tyres.
Lightburn Washing Machine Company even made a car called a Zeta. It was not much of a car but at least it was Australian and we built it.
I worked at Stanvac where we made our own Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene and Oil. We had Oil Rigs in Bass Straight, North West Shelf and the Timor Sea.
We even had Australian owned Service Stations like (H.C. Sleigh) Golden Fleece and many of us young wanna-be mechanics back then worked as a driveway attendant. (Just like Stanley)
I remember catching a train from the city to Gawler and then on to Freeling, Hamley Bridge, Stockport, Riverton, up to Clare, Gladstone, Laura etc. And all these towns were bustling with activity and on the weekends they were all open for business.
Our shops were filled on every shelf with food and products all proudly made or grown in Australia. Our fridge was full of Lamb Chops and Steaks because it was cheap as we were a huge Lamb and Beef growing Nation. And once a month Mum would make us all a delicacy! It was called a Sunday Roast Chicken.
I remember when we all had trade skills and high quality tools that would last and last.
But most of all we had Mates. We as Australians watched each other’s backs even if we had not met yet, and we all said G’Day to everyone with a smile.
Our kids could go anywhere they liked on their bikes just as long as they were home before dark. Australia was pretty safe back then.
Yes Australia was once a self-supporting nation that had it all. It had Farms that produce our dairy, fruit & vegie and meats etc.
And Politicians back then were known as statesmen and they were voted by the people for the people on behalf of the people and did what the people wanted.
We had public utilities owned by us the people that guaranteed our Electricity, Water and Sewage forever.
No one knew how much the Snowy Mountain Scheme cost, we just built it.
No one knew how much the Sydney Harbour Bridge or the Indian-Pacific railway cost! WE JUST BUILT IT!
Then came CORPORATE GREED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now everything above has GONE.
Now we don’t watch each other’s backs anymore but watch each other through security bars, burglar alarms, and security screens.
Now we dob each other in.
Now we import poor quality processed food
Now we import cheap tools that break just taking them out of the packet they come in.
Now we rely on ships to bring in our fuels.
Now we can’t afford our own Lamb or Beef anymore
Now we eat steroid pumped chicken just about every day.
Now we import trade skill workers on 457 Visa’s
Now we have high unemployment as nearly all of our Industry and Manufacturing has gone offshore.
Now we have that many Laws that we have just about outlawed ourselves. But I guess we need even more laws so now we will have Sharia Law as well.
We now pay for water that falls out of the sky at $3.80 a litre.
Now we have taxes for everything. Taxes for carbon, Taxes for sake of having taxes, (They call them Levy’s) and don’t forget the newest tax is the ISLAMIC TAX (Halal Certification)
Now here in South Australia in our towns we have Railway Stations and railway tracks but no trains.
We have Public Bus Stops in our Towns but no busses.
We have Hospitals and Clinics but no Doctors or Nurses.
We all have Mobile Phones and have little to no reception.
We have Digital TV’s with stuff all Signal.
And the worst of all is our once great nation is being sold off piece by piece to every other country on earth except us.
Yes I did once love my country. !

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is not my own story guys
I found it on Facebook

But I loved reading it and agree with it all

Unfortunately you can't turn back time

But dead set Australia has massively gone backwards from much better times

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You measure the quality of a civilisation by how well it looks after its most vulnerable.. Like you said Skip..as a nation..or I should the government..is moving away from that..and that is a tragedy..

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like everything about it except the crap about Sharia Law and Halal Tax. For an educated post that was dumb because they don't exist.

You want the heart foundation tick of approval? You pay for it. Not a tax. Same with Halal certification.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would get this country back on its feet id be brutal but fair

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would get this country back on its feet id be brutal but fair
Life was so much simpler in the old days
A common man with little education could get a job for life in manufacturing and earn enough money to provide a comfortable lifestyle for his family

Abdul
On halal certification
I don't want it in my food nor do I want to support halal
As far as I'm concerned it's a tax I have to pay to eat the food I want to eat just to appease a minority group

That's another part of Australia that's gone down hill

This constant regressive attitude where everyone has to bend over to keep minority groups happy

But as we see they are never happy no matter what you do for them

Let's leave it at that shall we

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Funny I was only thinking the other day about places that would be the most Australian still (in society and culture).

Who gives a shit about halal certification. It makes no different to how my beef/lamp/pork tastes!

Don't ruin a good thread with the minor details!

I like everything about it except the crap about Sharia Law and Halal Tax. For an educated post that was dumb because they don't exist.

You want the heart foundation tick of approval? You pay for it. Not a tax. Same with Halal certification.
Also that Australian Made logo ... YEP it'll cost ya!

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Skippy, Halal Certification is mainly aimed at the export market, so it is not to support a minority. It is actually part of Globalisation. So don't eat Halal certified food. It is your choice. Fact : It is not a tax.

Is the Heart Foundation Tick of Approval at Tax?

Further, only Federal & State governments can charge taxes, so your argument is void.

But yes, globalisation has not only stuffed this country up, but every other country for that matter.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just think around in around a billion years time , when the sun is fukking out and burning our planet up , whoever may be left wont give a fukk about a red tick or a tax

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just think around in around a billion years time , when the sun is fukking out and burning our planet up , whoever may be left wont give a fukk about a red tick or a tax
When I bought my first new car I was filthy when my nephew split a drink and stained the seat
That was a long time ago
The car I no longer own is now an old shit box and I no longer care about the stained seat
But at the time I was really frustrated with the stain and I tried so hard to wash that stain away to little result

Same applies here

You are right, when the world ends no one will care about halal tax

But right here and now it's like a stain on my car seat and it's very frustrating

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Please break up your op its hurting my eyes to read :(

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You forgot to mention Maccas soft serves use to be 30c

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You forgot to mention Maccas soft serves use to be 30c
Lol not in 1968 it wasn't lol
But am I right
Are they still 30c
Been ages since I last got one

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, because of the Australian economy especially the Australian Small Business section that drives our local community, they have been impacted heavily due to the fact that supplies and raw material is being imported from overseas ie China.

Why do you think last year the Australian Budget cut for Jobs and small business package was introduced by the Federal Gov? Small businesses will get an immediate tax deduction for any individual assets they buy costing less than $20,000

Because they're effected by these large heavily greedy corporations who are driven by $$ and nothing more

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get you Skip. Made some sense with the stain analogy.

Stain, i mean, Skip. Stay at it. More sense will be made if you try harder.
Interested to know though. Would you actually vote for sharia in Australia?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been to Lakemba, Greenacre, Punchbowl, Wiley Park, Roselands, Bankstown, Auburn, Granville, Merrylands, Brighton Le Sands,Rockdale, and a few other places.

oh and Hobart, Launceston, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Newcastle, Wollongong, Port Stephens, Gold Coast, Taree, Cessnock, Maitland, Taree...love them all. Plus the ones I missed.

Hey we should catch up next time I'm your way.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been to Lakemba, Greenacre, Punchbowl, Wiley Park, Roselands, Bankstown, Auburn, Granville, Merrylands, Brighton Le Sands,Rockdale, and a few other places.

oh and Hobart, Launceston, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Newcastle, Wollongong, Port Stephens, Gold Coast, Taree, Cessnock, Maitland, Taree...love them all. Plus the ones I missed.

Hey we should catch up next time I'm your way.
Pm me when you are next in Newcastle
I'll invite you in my home for a bbq

Status
Not open for further replies.