How was not 1 player binned from those thugs from redfern

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Latrell’s a beast. He has made some very good defensive teams and players look ordinary and he will make many more look ordinary before his career is over. And yes, we would have been pretty fatigued by that point.

Soft tries happen. There aren’t many teams who don’t let them in…and we are missing some key players from our backline. Way more positives thanks negatives to take out of the game tonight, imo.

We are a bottom 4 team. Can’t expect us to start playing like a top 4 team overnight. Especially when the refs aren’t helping our cause.

And spare me the passive aggressive “do you wanna take the whistle?” Shit, mate. It adds nothing to your argument.
Passive aggressive? What a soft serve :tearsofjoy:.
Let’s put you with the whistle for a second - when you cock up, as you inevitably would, and fans are baying for your blood - would it still be the refs fault??

Did you watch the presser?
If not, here you go:
Do you see our coach or captain blaming the ref? No.
Oh wait: ‘Because they’d get fined!’.
Nah, they stick to the facts - like how Souths absolutely dominated us in field position and how we have to be on for 80min and we’re not.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good bleat!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think we may well have won today if some of those rubbish calls hadn’t gone against us..
Or if we didn’t do dumb things at crucial times…

Anyway, it’s been fun but just for something different it’s unlikely we’ll agree on much. Have a good night.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Passive aggressive? What a soft serve :tearsofjoy:.
Let’s put you with the whistle for a second - when you cock up, as you inevitably would, and fans are baying for your blood - would be still be the refs fault??

Did you watch the presser?
If not, here you go:
Do you see our coach or captain blaming the ref? No.
Oh wait: ‘Because they’d get fined!’.
Nah, they stick to the facts - like how Souths absolutely dominated us in field position and how we have to be on for 80min.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good bleat!
Lol so you think just because they are focusing on things they need to improve, that proves there wasn’t an issue with the ref? At the end of the day, coaches complaining about refs is like pissing in the wind most of the time. I’m happy they aren’t trying to pass off responsibility and are holding themselves accountable. That doesn’t mean I’m happy with the officiating. The fact is, at least 2 or 3 of their tries came off the back of bad calls.

No it wouldn’t still be the ref’s fault in that extremely far fetched scenario. It would be the NRL’s fault for passing the whistle to someone who has had absolutely no professional training or experience. I wouldn’t expect to do a better job on someone’s tax returns than a qualified accountant, either. I wouldn’t expect to do a better job performing heart surgery than an actual heart surgeon. But if an accountant botched my taxes, or a heart surgeon badly botched a loved one’s surgery, I’d definitely want them held to account.

The suggestion that professionals shouldn’t be held accountable for the jobs they do based on the hypothesis amateurs might do even worse seems pretty ham fisted to me.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lol so you think just because they are focusing on things they need to improve, that proves there wasn’t an issue with the ref? At the end of the day, coaches complaining about refs is like pissing in the wind most of the time. I’m happy they aren’t trying to pass off responsibility and are holding themselves accountable. That doesn’t mean I’m happy with the officiating. The fact is, at least 2 or 3 of their tries came off the back of bad calls.

No it wouldn’t still be the ref’s fault in that extremely far fetched scenario. It would be the NRL’s fault for passing the whistle to someone who has had absolutely no professional training or experience. I wouldn’t expect to do a better job on someone’s tax returns than a qualified accountant, either. I wouldn’t expect to do a better job performing heart surgery than an actual heart surgeon. But if an accountant botched my taxes, or a heart surgeon badly botched a loved one’s surgery, I’d definitely want them held to account.

The suggestion that professionals shouldn’t be held accountable for the jobs they do based on the hypothesis amateurs might do even worse seems pretty ham fisted to me.
Apart from the damage you’re doing to your spleen, you don’t appear to be helping your RSI either :-).

But hey, Herb’s gonna play Origin, so :tearsofjoy:.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
All refs are bad, but they're bad for every team, they're just inconsistent with who and when and it rotates game to game, week to week. We never lose a game because of the refs, but sometimes they make it harder (or easier) to win. Take away Waddell and JMK's dumb errors and that alone is probably enough to turn the result.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All refs are bad, but they're bad for every team, they're just inconsistent with who and when and it rotates game to game, week to week. We never lose a game because of the refs, but sometimes they make it harder (or easier) to win. Take away Waddell and JMK's dumb errors and that alone is probably enough to turn the result.
I don’t see this much howlers when watching other Sports.. yes there are bad calls everywhere in all sports but nrl is another level these days for some reason

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Apart from the damage you’re doing to your spleen, you don’t appear to be helping your RSI either :-).

But hey, Herb’s gonna play Origin, so :tearsofjoy:.
Wow, welcome to ad hominem city. There’s no better way to signpost the fact you’ve lost an argument. Better luck next time, Dink. ;)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, welcome to ad hominem city. There’s no better way to signpost the fact you’ve lost an argument. Better luck next time, Dink. ;)
So you think pulling out a word a few posters would have to Google saves you. OK, take comfort in that…

The thing is, no one needs to attack you.
You do that to yourself :-).

Sleep tight princess ♥.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone on here that dosent agree with these 2 grubs being sin binned then uppercut yourself
Walker's reaction after the try was no different from Lachlan Lewis' reaction to Walker mouthing off after half time had been blown - and Lewis was binned. I can't see the difference between the incidents, or why Walker was allowed to remain on the field.

I also couldn't understand why forward passes are now allowed.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell face grab could possibly be seen as a late reaction, but cody walker clearly instigated a strike to the head - ref was soo wrong there. Bloke should have been sent and penalty try awarded.

Say what you want but I believe it's a conflict of interest ref's training with certain nrl teams.

Either way it was a great game to watch!
This. My mrs is Canadian and even she said how is that not a penalty, fucking bullshit all these little things. They were in the ruck and holding us down too, it’s a rort

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This. My mrs is Canadian and even she said how is that not a penalty, fucking bullshit all these little things. They were in the ruck and holding us down too, it’s a rort
After they finished celebrating the Bunnies' try, even the Fox commentators said, "actually that should have been a Bulldogs penalty for a high shot, and not a turn over to Souths". The replay clearly shows a head high tackle, and interference in the play the ball, yet the video ref remained silent.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell face grab could possibly be seen as a late reaction, but cody walker clearly instigated a strike to the head - ref was soo wrong there. Bloke should have been sent and penalty try awarded.

Say what you want but I believe it's a conflict of interest ref's training with certain nrl teams.

Either way it was a great game to watch!
It was a late reaction, and was correctly penalised. However, JAC was attempting to score by chasing a kick to the in goal. Normally Latrell's reaction would be seen as a professional foul as well.

There were times during the game, where I felt that Souths were a protected species.

But, the competition points don't matter to us now. All I want to see is improvement in our attack and defence. As long as we give the top sides a hard game, we will have done enough this year.

Have you noticed how many teams go, the week after they play us? A good proportion lose their following match, or have an ordinary performance.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Walker's reaction after the try was no different from Lachlan Lewis' reaction to Walker mouthing off after half time had been blown - and Lewis was binned. I can't see the difference between the incidents, or why Walker was allowed to remain on the field.

I also couldn't understand why forward passes are now allowed.
Seemed like 50% of all Scabbits dummy half passes were forward :grinning:

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not new, souths get away alot and have been for as long as I can remember and the ref did help them get the win.

We fought I can be proud of that and I would be happier if we managed to snag the win. We also did make some bad decisions but seeing where we were with Baz before we should be happy to where we have come.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It was a late reaction, and was correctly penalised. However, JAC was attempting to score by chasing a kick to the in goal. Normally Latrell's reaction would be seen as a professional foul as well.

There were times during the game, where I felt that Souths were a protected species.

But, the competition points don't matter to us now. All I want to see is improvement in our attack and defence. As long as we give the top sides a hard game, we will have done enough this year.

Have you noticed how many teams go, the week after they play us? A good proportion lose their following match, or have an ordinary performance.
As Gus says..."it's not the penalties they give: it's the penalties they DON'T give" ...when earnt.

Clearly we got the rough end of the pineapple yet again and the sense, yet again, that if it was a Dogs player doing what Ltrell and Walker did, the penalty against us would have been called.

How hard is it to get some refereeing consistency, enough that coaches don't have to point it out to try and get some fairness and confidence in the correct adjudication of what is going on out on the field.

The refereeing standards are blatantly very poor, and appear biased towards one team in every game played. Evened out or crucial mistakes that affect both teams....fair enough refs only human ....but it's not being controlled or reffed in that manner at present.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As Gus says..."it's not the penalties they give: it's the penalties they DON'T give" ...when earnt.

Clearly we got the rough end of the pineapple yet again and the sense, yet again, that if it was a Dogs player doing what Ltrell and Walker did, the penalty against us would have been called.

How hard is it to get some refereeing consistency, enough that coaches don't have to point it out to try and get some fairness and confidence in the correct adjudication of what is going on out on the field.

The refereeing standards are blatantly very poor, and appear biased towards one team in every game played. Evened out or crucial mistakes that affect both teams....fair enough refs only human ....but it's not being controlled or reffed in that manner at present.
Walker gets away with so much rubbish. It's only a matter of time until someone says enough is enough and smacks the shit out of him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Walker gets away with so much rubbish. It's only a matter of time until someone says enough is enough and smacks the shit out of him.
The players probably know he is protected and they will come out 2nd best at the judiciary. Same with Trell.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The players probably know he is protected and they will come out 2nd best at the judiciary. Same with Trell.
He just comes across as an absolute entitled **** .. when things don't go his way he has hissy fits and throws his toys around to the point he treats his own teammates with disdain on the field. WTF would anyone want to play alongside an asshole like that? It's not like he is an out-and-out superstar, he costs Souths the GF last year and was dropped from the Blues team. Take Latrell out of that team and you'll come to see how good Cody isn't again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He just comes across as an absolute entitled **** .. when things don't go his way he has hissy fits and throws his toys around to the point he treats his own teammates with disdain on the field. WTF would anyone want to play alongside an asshole like that? It's not like he is an out-and-out superstar, he costs Souths the GF last year and was dropped from the Blues team. Take Latrell out of that team and you'll come to see how good Cody isn't again.
He has struggled without Reynolds but has Trell back again.

The guy has a massive chip on his shoulder and gets away with it in his niggling, petulent, disrespectful treatment of his fellow NRL players.

At least fans see it and can judge him on how he plays the game. He will very easily be forgotten when he retires and only leave a negative legacy.