How was not 1 player binned from those thugs from redfern

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
agree we let ourselves down and got in front multiple times and blew it. but. the ref let some absolute howlers go like the latrell facial on addo carr, cody lashing out to flanno etc and meanwhile called some things that were a dead set joke - eg flannagan head clash ‘high tackle’, waddell high tackle and subsequent strip. that was some bullshit
I’m not saying there weren’t bad calls - of course there were - but we have to cop them and overcome them, which we just appear to be struggling with still. I’ve got no issue with giving some kids minutes since we’re nowhere near the finals this year, but Kiraz for example was terrible in defence tonight. The first try where Fox and Averillo were looking at each other and not their opponent had nothing to do with the ref.

All that said, I love how we’re showing some confidence and are prepared to throw the ball around. Potter unquestionably has us going better. But in my opinion we blew it tonight despite other factors.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Absolutely. We surrendered every advantage we created. Then we ran out of gas and got over-run.
Yet the usual bleaters want to blame referees, the NRL, Covid, Biden and Elvis :-).
Rightly so the ref should be blamed. The officiating in that first half was disgusting. Is it any wonder we ran out of puff in the second after all the defending we had to do in the first due to dud calls? We did sn amazing job staying in it as long as we did. Dogs fans should be proud of that.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would it hurt to be a bit more aggressive and niggle?
Latteral gets away with cockiness.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know how the fuck Walker wasn't binned. It probably would have sealed the game.. But we were still up 28-22 with 12 minutes left and have no one to blame but ourselves for not closing out the game and conceding 3 unanswered tries.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know how the fuck Walker wasn't binned. It probably would have sealed the game.. But we were still up 28-22 with 12 minutes left and have no one to blame but ourselves for not closing out the game and conceding 3 unanswered tries.
Especially when 2/3 last tries were on the last tackle

Switching off cost us tonight (4 tries on the final tackle)

We outplayed them in the second half for 30 straight minutes but when it mattered in the clutch Latrell took over and we had no answer for him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Especially when 2/3 last tries were on the last tackle

Switching off cost us tonight (4 tries on the final tackle)

We outplayed them in the second half for 30 straight minutes but when it mattered in the clutch Latrell took over and we had no answer for him
The one where they just watched the bomb and didn't contest it at all had me going crazy at the game. I can't stand when 4 players move out of the way of the ball a few metres out from the line. I don't get it...

Latrell played out of his mind tonight. He was a class above. When he plays like that he's unstoppable.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Rational? Pfft. You have a bad case of Stockholm syndrome, bro.
Yeah, nah.
And I’d hope our coaching staff aren’t in the sheds blaming the ref either. But thanks for your attempt at intellectual comedy, wide of the make though it was.

On the topic though, do you think the writers of Die Hard cocked up referring to Stockholm Syndrome as Helsinki Syndrome, or was it deliberate as some claim? I think it’s one of the great debates of our time!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah, nah.
And I’d hope our coaching staff aren’t in the sheds blaming the ref either. But thanks for your attempt at intellectual comedy, wide of the make though it was.

On the topic though, do you think the writers of Die Hard cocked up referring to Stockholm Syndrome as Helsinki Syndrome, or was it deliberate as some claim? I think it’s one of the great debates of our time!

I thought it was mildly humorous, tbh. But like all good jokes, has an element of truth to it. How anyone could believe we didn’t get a rough deal in that first half is beyond me.

I think it’s deliberate. But I’m
Much more interested in the question of why souths players didn’t wear crazy socks, atm

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Rightly so the ref should be blamed. The officiating in that first half was disgusting. Is it any wonder we ran out of puff in the second after all the defending we had to do in the first due to dud calls? We did sn amazing job staying in it as long as we did. Dogs fans should be proud of that.
You wanna grab a whistle and have a crack? :-).

Yes, we did some good things tonight - shades of The Entertainers in attack. But our defence was poor - at least two tries we conceded had nothing to do with the referee nor stamina. How about Souths first try where JAC and Averillo were looking at each other and not their opponent? Or when Latrell sliced through 5 tackles to score and level the game. Who do you propose to blame for that? Elvis?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was mildly humorous, tbh. But like all good jokes, has an element of truth to it. How anyone could believe we didn’t get a rough deal in that first half is beyond me.

I think it’s deliberate. But I’m
Much more interested in the question of why souths players didn’t wear crazy socks, atm
I’m not questioning there were rough calls.
Of course there were. But anyone who’s not willing to acknowledge we made several poor decisions tonight equally has their head in the clouds.

Good-o re: socks. Will leave you to it…

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the gladiator was wealding his sword in the referees room, both swords.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You're finally digging into the line too. There's a tiny glimmer of hope for you Flan :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You wanna grab a whistle and have a crack? :-).

Yes, we did some good things tonight - shades of The Entertainers in attack. But our defence was poor - at least two tries we conceded had nothing to do with the referee nor stamina. How about Souths first try where JAC and Averillo were looking at each other and not their opponent? Or when Latrell sliced through 5 tackles to score and level the game. Who do you propose to blame for that? Elvis?
Latrell’s a beast. He has made some very good defensive teams and players look ordinary and he will make many more look ordinary before his career is over. And yes, we would have been pretty fatigued by that point.

Soft tries happen. There aren’t many teams who don’t let them in…and we are missing some key players from our backline. Way more positives thanks negatives to take out of the game tonight, imo.

We are a bottom 4 team. Can’t expect us to start playing like a top 4 team overnight. Especially when the refs aren’t helping our cause.

And spare me the passive aggressive “do you wanna take the whistle?” Shit, mate. It adds nothing to your argument.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m not questioning there were rough calls.
Of course there were. But anyone who’s not willing to acknowledge we made several poor decisions tonight equally has their head in the clouds.

Good-o re: socks. Will leave you to it…
Lol I never said we were perfect. Like I said, I’m not expecting us to play like a top 4 team overnight. But I have seen a pretty pronounced improvement in the team over the past six weeks or so and I’m choosing to focus on the positives. I think we may well have won today if some of those rubbish calls hadn’t gone against us..