How long will Wakeham last at 7?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought he offered a different kind of nothing than the nothing we usually get from Averillo
That just about sums it up :grinning:

We've seen Avo at 7 since last year. There's been zero improvement to contribute towards a win. He isn't a 7.

Wakeham got his chance and we looked far better for the first 20 minutes. Then he got injured and we dropped off and we saw BBO and realised he's not ready, although baptism of fire for any new 7 in those conditions.

Wakeham had 2 injuries and several stitches in his head and soldiered on in a team with very little possession and an ineffective dummy half and Jacko as a first possession distributor.

It's just not working with the players we have and Barrett needs to deal with it and change his ideas.

Gus needs to be stepping in to help Barrett with a more hands on approach on the training field and actually verify why we aren't getting the 2 points with a much better team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dud move it turned out. Averillo and burton looked to be improving as a combination so let’s just stick with that and let them get better. At least Averillo is an athlete and can run the ball. Wakeham just goes for the Hail Mary plays
One hail Mary led to a try.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stevie wonder and TT taking the piss once again
stop trolling people, if you havnt got anything constructive to say, STFU. Calling our players "dog shit" is disgraceful.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
stop trolling people, if you havnt got anything constructive to say, STFU. Calling our players "dog shit" is disgraceful.
W⚓ Steve, you still given lectures out to members?!

Apologise to Lewis and Nasheed for being a first class W⚓ and you might earn some respect from some members you two faced hypocrite

Up up Doggies

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
W⚓ Steve, you still given lectures out to members?!

Apologise to Lewis and Nasheed for being a first class W⚓ and you might earn some respect from some members you two faced hypocrite

Up up Doggies
another pest on the ignore button, good bye

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just to state the obvious...

If we fluked a win tonight you'd all be praising him.
He'd be the hero who played on wounded with several stitches in his head :grinning:

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I said this from word go avo is our best bet atm @7 peope tend to forget he’s only 22 and he looked years ahead of wakem I thought our attack went backwards yesterday team looked much stronger with avo@7

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It didn't work, clear as day. Posters on here are just letting their hate boners run wild and are ignoring the obvious. The team and Burton were FAR better with Averillo in the side. I'm not saying we were great before but the bit of control and organisation we had during the first two rounds wasn't there. Apparently it's all just a coincidence and had nothing to do with Jake being out, it was because of the conditions, the forwards all of a sudden losing direction, us being unlucky, etc....basically a big LOL. Manly were there for the taking and we bottled it, they aren't anywhere near the same team that flogged us last season. Meanwhile Cowboys are second, you know the cowboys we beat. ha.
You're having a really emotional reaction to this.

I don't have a hate boner for Averillo, I supported him all last year, I've defended him when I thought it was fair, you know all that but this Wakeham narrative you're pushing is ridiculous.

We had a 12% possession swing from last week to this week, that's not Wakeham's fault.

We had a 500m TMG drop, not Wakeham's fault.

We had a 12m decrease in Average Set Distance, not Wakeham's fault.

We had 13 less offloads, not Wakeham's fault.

We conceded more than twice the amount of penalties, and five times the amount of ruck infringements. Wakeham had zero of both.

The same amount of errors, Wakeham had none.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hang on, are we agreeing on something here, FMD first Marley and now you.

Always a Bulldog
I think the majority thought only Oki needed to be dropped ay this stage. Maybe Wakeham 14 but regardless our first 20 minutes was the most confident we've looked.

The main problem is no flair at 9 and Jacko used as a distributing lock bc neither of them can execute that role.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the majority thought only Oki needed to be dropped ay this stage. Maybe Wakeham 14 but regardless our first 20 minutes was the most confident we've looked.

The main problem is no flair at 9 and Jacko used as a distributing lock bc neither of them can execute that role.
i think we looked better against Brisbane imo. But anyway, the decision has been made, so we just need to support wakeham and hopefully we can improve from last night.
Be nice to get a dry track, the wet doesnt help anyone

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What were the exact words you used for Lachlan Lewis?

Lets track back through the archives!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're having a really emotional reaction to this.

I don't have a hate boner for Averillo, I supported him all last year, I've defended him when I thought it was fair, you know all that but this Wakeham narrative you're pushing is ridiculous.

We had a 12% possession swing from last week to this week, that's not Wakeham's fault.

We had a 500m TMG drop, not Wakeham's fault.

We had a 12m decrease in Average Set Distance, not Wakeham's fault.

We had 13 less offloads, not Wakeham's fault.

We conceded more than twice the amount of penalties, and five times the amount of ruck infringements. Wakeham had zero of both.

The same amount of errors, Wakeham had none.
I am because i'm angry and i wasn't angry after round 1 and 2. Their were small positives and we threw it all away, simple as that. He could've picked fucking Flanagan to start the year and i would absolutely whinge at the time but still accept that you need to give him more than just 2 fucking games. It was a ridiculous decision, even more ridiculous when you actually look at our draw and who we have coming.

Do the stats for round 1? Are you also confident ruling out the possibility that our forwards lacked direction because of the key change? It was not an issue in round 1 and 2. JMK also turned up the dial on his crap from dh...again, possibility or a lack of direction. Burton with an absolute disaster class of a performance, just a coincidence and nothing to do with the change? hmmmm

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s very clear you have a love boner for Averillo
I don't, i just see things for what they are. I even said we should sign a halfback last year so Jake can drop to reserves and develop or move into another role.