How long will Wakeham last at 7?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cant argue with that. Jacko needs a reduction in minutes, im starting to think he might be better starting from the bench.
Be interesting if he moves jacko back to the edge with hetho out. Or he brings in stimson on the edge i assume

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% our strength in attack is our unpredictability with Burton, Fox and Dufty, just let them play some footy.
And that needed time for the combos to develop, changing out Avo will do nothing to help that. What does it tell the rest of them? Okunbor needed to be shifted out but that was the only change needed and they should have run with it until at least round 5 or heavy loss.

Wakeham will be like every other time he’s been picked, good sub not an 80 min FGrader.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well I think he should get a month with Flanno on the bench, fairs fair!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How did the change from Averillo to Wakeham work out, pretty terrible is my assessment. When did Barrett make this call, was it really a last minute change? WTF, if it was a Saturday call then that explains why the flashes of fluid play that was present in rounds 1 and 2 went AWOL. The spacing in attack was often horrid, uneven, with mid field bunching and unforgivably compressed to the sideline, how the fark does that happen.

As I have posted several times, we have a structure that we have worked on for 5 months and it was far too early to make a change in the 1/2. Particularly 2 that play very different styles, styles that don’t lend themselves to the way the rest of the team has trained and practised.

Where to now, do we swap back, that’s not good on so many fronts, especially after 1 game. Wakeham surely has to be given a full week to train in the position and another game to prove that his promotion was justified. Against Melbourne in Melbourne, FMD, what a deep end to get thrown into, followed by Penrith the next round. Not really the right time to be changing what has taken all of preseason to develop, but it's too late that train has already left the station.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
And that needed time for the combos to develop, changing out Avo will do nothing to help that. What does it tell the rest of them? Okunbor needed to be shifted out but that was the only change needed and they should have run with it until at least round 5 or heavy loss.
Hang on, are we agreeing on something here, FMD first Marley and now you.

Always a Bulldog

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He wasn’t that bad. Did what he had to, defended well. He will get better every game. He changed abit once he was taken off for hia.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong I think he’s a good player but I’m no way is he a 7 nor will he last there.

It’s only a matter of time, I think he’ll be moved into a new position for him or dropped by Rd 12
He had a good game and ad's more attack option's, Baz needs to keep him at 7 he'll improve playing in first grade, he needs to be given time just like Averillo was given.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You all need to take the bias out of this, respective of if you are for/against avo or wakeham.
If avo is there tonight you honestly think it makes any difference that our forwards got dominated. How has he shown anything that directly affects if our forwards make good yardage or not. Our kick returns and dummy half running on set restarts was well below previous weeks. JMK played well last week and didn't back it up.
There were so many contributing factors outside who was playing halfback on why we lost. It's not a fair comparison.
Jake played 2 weeks with a dominant pack, our tails were up. Yesterday it looked like an attitude/belief issue.
I'll go on record and say I don't want either of them at 7 so there is no bias from me on the topic but you have to compare apples with apples and yesterday was an orange

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How did the change from Averillo to Wakeham work out, pretty terrible is my assessment. When did Barrett make this call, was it really a last minute change? WTF, if it was a Saturday call then that explains why the flashes of fluid play that was present in rounds 1 and 2 went AWOL. The spacing in attack was often horrid, uneven, with mid field bunching and unforgivably compressed to the sideline, how the fark does that happen.

As I have posted several times, we have a structure that we have worked on for 5 months and it was far too early to make a change in the 1/2. Particularly 2 that play very different styles, styles that don’t lend themselves to the way the rest of the team has trained and practised.

Where to now, do we swap back, that’s not good on so many fronts, especially after 1 game. Wakeham surely has to be given a full week to train in the position and another game to prove that his promotion was justified. Against Melbourne in Melbourne, FMD, what a deep end to get thrown into, followed by Penrith the next round. Not really the right time to be changing what has taken all of preseason to develop, but it's too late that train has already left the station.

Always a Bulldog
It didn't work, clear as day. Posters on here are just letting their hate boners run wild and are ignoring the obvious. The team and Burton were FAR better with Averillo in the side. I'm not saying we were great before but the bit of control and organisation we had during the first two rounds wasn't there. Apparently it's all just a coincidence and had nothing to do with Jake being out, it was because of the conditions, the forwards all of a sudden losing direction, us being unlucky, etc....basically a big LOL. Manly were there for the taking and we bottled it, they aren't anywhere near the same team that flogged us last season. Meanwhile Cowboys are second, you know the cowboys we beat. ha.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Wakeham will be like every other time he’s been picked, good sub not an 80 min FGrader.
yeh agree 100%, i think he has panicked once again.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
agree 100%, TB has panicked imo. Your right, he cant swap jake back in now, so it will be Wakeham for the next week or 2. Just have to get behind him and hopefully it works.