How long will Wakeham last at 7?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The try he scored was no skill, was literally a terrible play, almost completely missed the ball. Just extremely lucky that we had some clumsy second rower there to spill the ball in pissing wet grass. The other try was all dufty. We scored 3 tries because up until the cowboys vs broncos game on sunday, brisbane and cowboys were both in equal with us for the top 3 in the best defensive teams.
They were top defensive teams in points allowed because they had to face us and we couldn't score not because they're great defensive teams.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can you blame him though? The whole second half we had like 35% of possession and the forwards dropped when tackled, they were gassed...
Des ain't dumb, he had Turbo running directly at him every set. I'm not surprised he got concussion from some of those collisions. he was made to defend tackles every set, they targeted him. It's understandable that he had no petrol in the tank when we had the ball attacking. LOL welcome to first grade son.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guess we know the answer now

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I bet you Baz will play him at hooker....

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just like your profile pic you have blinders for Averillo. Give the poor kid a shot. He was rattled after the HIA I’m not convinced he’s the 7 either but fair is fair. He hasn’t been given much of a go. Whoever takes the reigns needs to step up and relieve Burton of some pressure. This is becoming a nightmare for us
What were your thoughts on Wakeham Melbourne? I thought he done ok at halfback 1st half. Melbourne got away with a lot, based on other games they probably should have got a sin bin for the way they slowed the game, I'm ok with the wrestle but if the game wants to be consistent then a sin bin was imminent. They were also good at shifting the momentum, changing gears.
Rewatched twice.
I haven't rewatched 2nd half.
I thought Wakeham was ok at halfback. I'm ok with Flanagan playing (we need his goal kicking too)

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What were your thoughts on Wakeham Melbourne? I thought he done ok at halfback 1st half. Melbourne got away with a lot, based on other games they probably should have got a sin bin for the way they slowed the game, I'm ok with the wrestle but if the game wants to be consistent then a sin bin was imminent. They were also good at shifting the momentum, changing gears.
Rewatched twice.
I haven't rewatched 2nd half.
I thought Wakeham was ok at halfback. I'm ok with Flanagan playing (we need his goal kicking too)
Wakeham tackled what came his way and played to the best of his ability. Couldn’t fault his effort. No matter which team was playing Melbourne Sunday they would’ve lost. They were on fire and everything was clicking. I think Flanagan is the best fit for Burton. He’s a game manager and as you said can goal kick which in some of these close games we could’ve used. I really hope Kyle comes out and kills it. Trent is a fuckwit for giving him a shot against the reigning premiers. He just needs to stick with Kyle and keep Averillo in the centres. I think Jake did well there last week. He can be dangerous. I really hope Kyle has a blinder and save us the head ache of finding a 7

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham tackled what came his way and played to the best of his ability. Couldn’t fault his effort. No matter which team was playing Melbourne Sunday they would’ve lost. They were on fire and everything was clicking. I think Flanagan is the best fit for Burton. He’s a game manager and as you said can goal kick which in some of these close games we could’ve used. I really hope Kyle comes out and kills it. Trent is a fuckwit for giving him a shot against the reigning premiers. He just needs to stick with Kyle and keep Averillo in the centres. I think Jake did well there last week. He can be dangerous. I really hope Kyle has a blinder and save us the head ache of finding a 7
There's nothing wrong with keeping depth, Averillo 6 and Wakeham 7 can easily fill in for injuries now that they've had a solid taste.

Really odd Fox panel came out stating Flanagan hasn't trained with the 1st grade squad since "mid last year". Someone needs to confirm with Gus to expose the lie again, otherwise if it's true, then that is really strange. It can't be true, especially now that Bulldogs are starting him in a professional nationally televised sports team.