Hooper: Fuming Dog demands immediate release after ‘car crash’ attempt to woo him back

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The people demanding getting a swap deal with a equal player are going to be disappointed it’s just not going happen. Swaps in the NRL are rare because they still rely on the player and club agreeing to it. You can name Whitehead or McInness all you want but if they say they don’t want to come them it’s not going to happen it’s the same for any player.

Its a shit situation but it’s the reality of it. If CHN doesn’t want to be at the club we will get fucked over and there’s little we can do about it. There’s no point keeping him to make some point it’s just wasting his cap space and it won’t get us anywhere.
Good point but we have to do something. We cant just release him and get nothing in return. Yes we'll have more cap space but were struggling to spend it as is.
I'd say go for Starling. Offer him a starting spot and an upgraded contract and he should come.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This dumbf@#k is one of the journalist who threw him under the bus and now he writes this shit???????

Why didn't he support him when all the sh!t was going down instead of throwing fuel on the fire?

Fucking Hypocrite.
100% no matter what we do we are in the wrong, if we stuck by the players the media would have torn us to threads even more, now the individual is angry at the club the media will turn it status again???

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good point but we have to do something. We cant just release him and get nothing in return. Yes we'll have more cap space but were struggling to spend it as is.
I'd say go for Starling. Offer him a starting spot and an upgraded contract and he should come.
Raiders aren’t going to release a hooker now that Hodgson is out for the year. Starling’s deal finishes at the end of this season anyway so we can still sign him regardless of the CHN situation. The club should have had a bet each way with CHN and been prepared for the de-registration to be over turned and at the very least kept in contact with him.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Firstly this clown was trying to do his best to make Cotric stay at the Raiders, he is the one who came out and said he'll never play Origin or Test Football and lose that money (Didn't work)...

Secondly he is also the clown who tried to convince Barrett not to go to a sinking ship (Didn't work)

Now he is trying to convince CHN to leave... NOT ONE QUOTE, his co-news limited journalist just yesterday said he thinks he will stay (Rothfield), these clowns are guessing, they have NO IDEA, they hate the Bulldogs, they're making divisions up within the club, they're making up figures with sponsors and contracts!

Clowns on this forum who constantly calling for a EGM are fueling news limited... FUCK OFF NEWS LIMITED AND FUCK OFF TO THE CLOWNS HERE!

You want change in the board level become a voting member and vote at the next AGM... I know I am ;)

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was anything anyone at the club said wrong, particularly when trying to sign a major sponsor or are you just having a sook in general as per usual?
I think the dogs should of at least tried to differentiate the two. Then if they couldn't because of the politics, sponsorship/NRL/media pressure. They should have managed that situation with CHN with support. By all reports they just let the process happen, let the media and fans think he did the same think as Okonbur and now because his appeal is overturned the board and CEO want to keep him now. CHN should not have been deregistered. Fine for the offence and suspension if he had a history. The next player who hooks up on tinder and brings a girl back to the hotel will not be deregistered. Before the covid bubble, players across the NRL brought girls back to team hotels all the time.

I want him to stay but I understand if he feels a way.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If true, fuck him, let him rot in the reserves until his contract is up.

Knowing the neutered Bulldogs we have become, they will release him with no player swap.

If this happens, I will have no respect for the board and they will need to fuck right off as it will prove they have not got the club's best interest at heart.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s not Hoopers call to make and he can try all he wants to influence decisions, at the end of the day, it’s the clubs call seeing the contract is valid until 2022... sorry Corey and not so sorry Hooper, neither of your calls to make.

Lynne’s comments were on pointe, CNH and Okunbor’s behaviour was unacceptable, so much so it cost the club a major sponsor.

lmao at “This could get them in a salary cap jam”, has Hoops been living under a rock or just a sh!t journo?? Wow, I think $3M War chest for 2021 has been touted around several hundred times the last few weeks..

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone blaming CHN is a literal pleb. The Canterbury bulldogs have a long history of rolling over and not backing their own players. It’s extremely hard to follow this club at times.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s not Hoopers call and he can try to influence decisions as much as he likes, at the end of the day, it’s the clubs call seeing the contract is valid until 2022... sorry Corey and not so sorry Hooper, neither of your calls to make.

Lynne’s comments were on pointe, CNH and Okunbor’s behaviour was unacceptable, so much so it cost the club a major sponsor.

lmao at “This could get them in a salary cap jam”, has Hoops been living under a rock or is just a sh!t journo?? Wow, I think $3M War chest for 2021 has been touted around several hundred times the last few weeks..
Salary cap jam for this season. We brought Thompson in early who's reportedly on 800k a year (we don't know whether he took a pay cut for 2020 or not). You can only carry 5% of your salary cap into a season which is ~500k. I don't get how we can fit Thompson, CHN and Okunbor in for 2020. Since it was rumoured we were after Lafai, I assume Thompson isn't on his full amount for 2020 but can we still fit all three in?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. Raiders or saints or any other team that wants a player with 18 months left on their contract better be willing to pay for it one way or another.

The club did drop the ball by not supporting its players to begin with. Hopefully we get something for losing a international rep. Sick and tired of our most promising players waking out.

we got 1000 tickets for hannant, god knows what for Barba. We ended up paying for woods, Mbye, kasiano and graham. If we don’t get a player as good or better it’s not worth our time. Let him play reserve grade like Barrett did with Hastings.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You know what. Fuck CHN. He’s the fuckwit who fucked up in the first place. No player is bigger then the club. Grow a set of balls and own your fucking mistake. Okunbor has handled it perfectly. CHN is carrying on like an absolute fuckwit. Let the c*** rot in reserve grade.
The only people who fucked up are the ones who say he fucked up. The media said it, the club said it and a lot of fans said it. The only fuck up was the way they were treated for a misdemeanor.
Even Lynn Anderson claimed to have over reacted.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nothing Hill said was incorrect.... if CHN doesn’t want to take ownership of what he did and try to make amends, he can get fucked and rot on the sideline until we secure a suitable replacement. And Hooper can get fucked too. If the club couldn’t afford to keep him, the club would know it, you one eyed arsehole. CHN is just a selfish sook who is looking to outsource blame for his own bad behaviour and waltz into a stronger club.

Fuck. This. Guy!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats not his issue.

His issue is the club hung him out to dry and didnt back him. He did not break the law and his offence was different to knockonbur. Not too long ago everyone here was saying the spineless club should have backed him.

Now that CHN is saying the same thing everyone is losing it? pssht.
Why wouldn’t the club hang him out to dry. Yes he didn’t break the law. Nobody is disputing that. But he broke CLUB protocols. CLUB rules. The club had no choice after the NRL deregistered him. Of course the club will react the way they did. He cost the club a major sponsor. Threw the season into disarray. Okunbor fucked up and he has apologised and wants to come back. Fuck this **** if he can’t even apologise.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The only people who fucked up are the ones who say he fucked up. The media said it, the club said it and a lot of fans said it. The only fuck up was the way they were treated for a misdemeanor
Bull. Shit. He broke team snd NRL rules and blew a sponsorship the club needed. He deserved everything he got and certainly doesn’t deserve to waltz into a stronger team to play finals this year. Anyone who thinks he is in the right needs a major reality check.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The media demonize the club at every opportunity. If we'd fought hard against the NRL's original deregistration stance we'd have been tarred as a club sanctioning relationships with schoolkids. Now that the deregistration has been ruled to have been an over reaction we'll be demonized if we push to keep a player. I'm pretty sure that Hooper wasn't trying to paint CHN in a good light when this all came out.

My view is that CHN broke the rules. The club didn't opt to deregister him, the games governing body did. His market value has probably gone up since he signed with us and now he and his manager are attempting to benefit from the situation by getting better money elsewhere. I don't know how this will all play out. But it would be nice for fans to have a platform to point out the hypocrisy of the media in these situations.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ricky’s media buddies are talking up his unhappiness so the Dogs will let him fill a gap at the raiders - if they are going to release him swap him with someone at St George

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clearly CHN's manager is feeding Hooper all of this rubbish. Fuck CHN if that's the way he feels. Fuck Hooper and the rest of them for their blatant hypocrisy after slamming the players and wanting the book thrown at them at the time.

I don't care if CHN never plays for us again but we need to get quality compensation for him and shouldn't let him leave unless we do.