Holland to Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can break that down any way you like, but my lifetime of playing footy, tells me; hoppa had a clean shot at a, basically stationary Mitchell, and came up with nothing.
There was no excuse for missing that tackle.
I was coached by Brian Smith and Ian Schubert at James Cook played with Jarvis, Stone, Sorridimi, Starkey,Shulman and other young men that payed at the highest level but that doesn't make me right,so what we all did years ago is meaningless.So let's look at the try objectively maybe there's something we both missed.Being wrong doesn't phase me because that's how we gain knowledge.
A rear view of the game from behind the dead ball line gives you a better perspective.It identifies the size of the huge gaps that appeared on the outside and between right center and 5/8,players poor lateral movement and line of sight.
I looked at that particular video highlight multiple times.I downloaded the video and ran an analysis using Facereader (facial expression analysis software), Lea (psychoacoustics software) and NacSport's NS+(Precise video footage data filter analysis software).I managed to obtain the code and methodology identification execution process for up to 5 levels for the move known as 'KTM18/lvl3 Plucked and Feathered'.The software assists you in comparing real footage against the standard,identifying transgressions and awarding a percentage on team and individual execution for both defense and attack.

Number of players involved Easts:9 (1,2,3,6,7,9,10,11,13) Dogs:6 (4,5,7,9,11,13).
Variant of old Storm move called 'Horsemen'. 9 to 7 to 6 to 1 cutout pass to 2 (scores try) + 4 decoys
At 4:24 projected success 97.2% Kleary passes to Tedesco creating a 3 on 2 overlap,defense chance of stopping try 2.8% (Hoppa 1.6% Foran 0.6% JJ 0.4% Montoya 0.2%).
Through Lea I was able to clearly extrapolate all communication.Only concentrated on Bulldogs.

Communication:
JJ to Foran "'don't stop.....mine.....keep right" Foran stopped sliding completely
Lichaa to Hoppa "half pace" Hoppa needs to halt sliding because Foran is anchored on the spot,gap between center-5/8 is growing
JJ to Hoppa & Montoya "rush...rush...rush"instead of holding and rushing they both started backing off
Lichaa to Hoppa & Montoya "rush...no...'ablah"J
JJ to Foran "Foz decoy..."Cordner is about to run decoy at Foran
Hoppa to Foran "Snipper..."Tedesco runs at the line
Hoppa to Montoya "stop...shhh"Montoya still backpeddling and shifting out,now Hoppa has 2 gaps on both sides
JJ to Hoppa & Montoya "Bullet,rush,RUSH,RUSH..."JJ wants Hoppa & Montoya to rush up and try get ball carrier before he straightens

Conclusion:Woods lined too far left and didn't slide right with defense,he was absent throughout.If he did he would have been able to mark Napa,Elliott would have been able to mark Lui and Lichaa would have been in position to tackle Kleary.That would have left JJ,Foran,Hoppa and Montoya against Cordner,Tedesco,Mitchell and Manu.If Foran didn't stop sliding Lichaa and Elliott might have been able to slide right and keep line intact.Both were excluded from defensive line,both jogged at a snails pace instead of scrambling.If Mbye didn't delay coming across from left he would have been able to protect the line.Klemmer position in defensive line is too far to the left,but he tried and scrammbled right, but was late.
Mtchell is a beast,his just too big,too fast,too strong.He's got a strong fend,a huge left step.Unless the line is intact with no overlap he's odds on of scoring.Our line was a mess,there isn't anyone in the NRL,that can stop a center as big as a prop running at full pace.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was coached by Brian Smith and Ian Schubert at James Cook played with Jarvis, Stone, Sorridimi, Starkey,Shulman and other young men that payed at the highest level but that doesn't make me right,so what we all did years ago is meaningless.So let's look at the try objectively maybe there's something we both missed.Being wrong doesn't phase me because that's how we gain knowledge.
A rear view of the game from behind the dead ball line gives you a better perspective.It identifies the size of the huge gaps that appeared on the outside and between right center and 5/8,players poor lateral movement and line of sight.
I looked at that particular video highlight multiple times.I downloaded the video and ran an analysis using Facereader (facial expression analysis software), Lea (psychoacoustics software) and NacSport's NS+(Precise video footage data filter analysis software).I managed to obtain the code and methodology identification execution process for up to 5 levels for the move known as 'KTM18/lvl3 Plucked and Feathered'.The software assists you in comparing real footage against the standard,identifying transgressions and awarding a percentage on team and individual execution for both defense and attack.

Number of players involved Easts:9 (1,2,3,6,7,9,10,11,13) Dogs:6 (4,5,7,9,11,13).
Variant of old Storm move called 'Horsemen'. 9 to 7 to 6 to 1 cutout pass to 2 (scores try) + 4 decoys
At 4:24 projected success 97.2% Kleary passes to Tedesco creating a 3 on 2 overlap,defense chance of stopping try 2.8% (Hoppa 1.6% Foran 0.6% JJ 0.4% Montoya 0.2%).
Through Lea I was able to clearly extrapolate all communication.Only concentrated on Bulldogs.

Communication:
JJ to Foran "'don't stop.....mine.....keep right" Foran stopped sliding completely
Lichaa to Hoppa "half pace" Hoppa needs to halt sliding because Foran is anchored on the spot,gap between center-5/8 is growing
JJ to Hoppa & Montoya "rush...rush...rush"instead of holding and rushing they both started backing off
Lichaa to Hoppa & Montoya "rush...no...'ablah"J
JJ to Foran "Foz decoy..."Cordner is about to run decoy at Foran
Hoppa to Foran "Snipper..."Tedesco runs at the line
Hoppa to Montoya "stop...shhh"Montoya still backpeddling and shifting out,now Hoppa has 2 gaps on both sides
JJ to Hoppa & Montoya "Bullet,rush,RUSH,RUSH..."JJ wants Hoppa & Montoya to rush up and try get ball carrier before he straightens

Conclusion:Woods lined too far left and didn't slide right with defense,he was absent throughout.If he did he would have been able to mark Napa,Elliott would have been able to mark Lui and Lichaa would have been in position to tackle Kleary.That would have left JJ,Foran,Hoppa and Montoya against Cordner,Tedesco,Mitchell and Manu.If Foran didn't stop sliding Lichaa and Elliott might have been able to slide right and keep line intact.Both were excluded from defensive line,both jogged at a snails pace instead of scrambling.If Mbye didn't delay coming across from left he would have been able to protect the line.Klemmer position in defensive line is too far to the left,but he tried and scrammbled right, but was late.
Mtchell is a beast,his just too big,too fast,too strong.He's got a strong fend,a huge left step.Unless the line is intact with no overlap he's odds on of scoring.Our line was a mess,there isn't anyone in the NRL,that can stop a center as big as a prop running at full pace.
Ffs.
Give it a rest!
Can’t spend all day debating an obviously lazy attempt.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ffs.
Give it a rest!
Can’t spend all day debating an obviously lazy attempt.
Obviously lazy eh? Why didn't you call B.Morris lazy when Vunivalu and Ferguson smashed past him against Storm and Easts.Or when JJ, in at center for Hoppa, when Mbye got injured, was squatted by Inglis like a bug twice scoring a try and laying an assist against Souths.Or when Leilua fended J.Morris, like as you say a 6yo to score against Raiders.I'll tell you why,it's because you have selective memory and joins the lynching crowd and hastily draw a conclusion instead of taking the time to analyse the cause properly.If you have really played the game, like you claim,you'll know that there is no way you can stop a man weighting over 105kgs that's motoring at you that close to the line.So according to you we have a team full of lazy fuckers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.