Holland to Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That must have taken you so long but I don't read into stats too much, they are what Des said made Tolman the best front rower.
Stats don't tell the whole story, I have eyes and Hoppa is providing fuck all in the way of strikepower atm.
Maybe some more time and space with the ball would help he does have a good set of hands.
From memory Des didn't say Tolman was best front rower in the sense you are interpreting it.What he indicated was that after Graham's injuries,Tolman's workrate was the best in the NRL.Although he was right when comparing actual numbers per game,it showed a different picture when you averaged his workrate against minutes played per game.
When you study the game,you'll discover that what increases Tolman's worth are the little subtle on field,off the ball moves.His positioning,directing and leading the up-field movement of the defense,chasing kicks and holding the line up-field,his contribution around the ruck and all the dirty work that is essential.It also allowed Des to be able to inject Kasiano off the bench who was only able to play low minutes.Tolman's lock play style became redundant when Parker revolutionized that position.A modern day lock needs to be balanced with defensive and attacking attributes like J.Trbojevic, S.Burgess,DeBelin,Taumalolo,Gallen and Merrin. JJ as long as his ball playing ability and line penetration improves could eventually become a good enough lock as the one's mentioned,but currently his attack would be exposed unless Pay improves the bench rotation.
You mention strikepower as if you know what the fuck you're talking about! The center in the redundant archaic style we are currently playing starves and restricts the outside edge. How can a center penetrate when JJ as 2nd row has very poor attacking skills only averaging 73m (ranked 49th out of 50 in the NRL) compared to RFM who averages 114m?He hardly ever gets clean ball unless it's a cut out pass from Foran.Actually I'm amazed he's getting 118m compared to J.Morris with 113m.

This style is directed by a quick servicing hooker,who employs a collective wedge type forwards attack,bending,dominating and driving back the middle,whilst allowing the half to take on the line.The half needs to be foiled by a roving 5/8 that has the ability to run across the line (ala Reynolds),linking with the outside men and to penetrate on the outside of the tiring battered middle forwards.
That style originated in union and was developed into league by Tim Sheens at the West Tigers during the 2003-2004 seasons,after Tigers lost Terry Hill and Michael Buettner whilst signing Farah,Halatau,Heighington,Benji Marshall and Scott Prince.
The objective was to employ Farah's quick service ability in directing West's unfashionable forwards Skandalis,Galea,M.O'Neil,Laffranchi and Heighington.It worked so well that Wests won the 2005 grand final,a feat hailed as brilliant amongst students of the game.
It was later re-introduced by McGuire at Souths in 2012 and Des picked it up in 2015.Although Reynolds executed his task well,the hooker's poor service and the inability of our forwards to dominate the middle left Mbye looking ineffective.Coaches started countering this style after the 2014 grand final,by trapping the 5/8 with direct moving 2nd rowers,isolating and hemming the half with their hooker or lock.That style eventually destroyed Sheens,McGuire and Des and if Pay employs it without the right players in place he'll be the next victim.
Most people I know laugh at the thought of Pay using this style of play with Lichaa's inability of directing play from hooker.In fact this style only worked reasonably well against the Cows when JMK went to hooker,Holland was used as a roving 5/8,Foran took charge on both sides of the ruck aided by Mbye kicking from the back.Unfortunately Holland hasn't got Benji or Keary's speed,elusiveness and defensive line recovery so it exposed the left edge which led to a try.

I agree stats might not give you a total picture,but bro they are the best indicator to judge performance,every coach uses them,we tend to focus on Des because the fuckwit was more vocal about it.
Coaches annotate the games using computer engines with slow time controls and software to track any player with accuracy.If you have enough data on reliable servers the ratings closely reflect the true playing strength.It even points the type of mistake players are making (or still) against a defensive or attacking game plan or move,compares them and rates them to other players that play in the same position.This compare-execution-with-an-engine approach indicates tactical errors,strategic,positional,behavioral and effective ball management.Coaches like Bellamy use these tools for evaluating performance.He uses them better then most when he scouts for a new signing or to measure a player's progress,projected future quality and to eliminate his mistakes or flush out the opposition's weaknesses.

Genius you think you can do that with your brilliant eyes?You sound like a person that blocks his ears and mumbles "I'm right,but can't prove jack shit". Obviously you think that players play like under 12 or we're still in 80's,ffs.Ever heard of game plan execution,specific directed coaches instructions?The days of playing helter skelter football encouraged by Fulton in the late 90's and Bennett in the mid 2000 are also over.
Please don't think this is a personal attack on you,if it comes that way I apologize,but honestly it infuriates me when people criticize without taking the time to judge the cause and discard stats as if only opinion matters.Reminds me of a student that's popular in class but flunks the exams.
I agree Hoppa isn't the fastest but he's one player that is trying harder then most in a badly unbalanced team and as a Bulldogs fan I salute him for it.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well done Desmond!!
That Des joke is getting old and only reflects your immature mentality and please don't insinuate that by me using stats I'm that piece of shit,because I will not take it too kindly.I was itching to drag that Manly fraud through the Supreme Court on the grounds of 'promissory estoppel' because I'm a man of action not an armchair critic.

I've invested hours studying coaches tactics,as it keeps me sharp in court and helps me converse at an intellectual level with various past and present identities of the game.But most people haven't got the time or are not interested in doing it,so instead they objectively read,evaluate and offer welcomed comments.Others like you find alternative subjective ways to justify themselves,that ultimately will end up using Ad hominem attacks.
It's common for people like you to be annoyed by first hand knowledge,so instead they parrot and Plagiarize the so called expert commentators.They are unable to withstand any challenges because they have a false belief that somehow they understand rugby league.I think it's ridiculous that when confronted with superior knowledge instead of showing appreciation,it makes you irritated.I guess it's the tall poppy syndrome that is embedded in the Australian culture,so I will not fault you too much on this.
Philosopher David Hume in his book 'A Treatise of human nature' wrote "present knowledge to the uneducated and they will see it as a threat,whether they realize it or not",lol.

I seriously hope you don't think Des invented the use of stats,in fact he was a failed late comer.Most Bulldog fans understandably,only tend to notice his rants (and snorts) because most don't care to study the game or during Des's forgettable time,they were not effected or interested in other coaches.
What do you think coach's means when they say "we'll look at the problem and try to fix it?" Surely you don't think they use antiquated video methods,blackboards and hand notes to dissect the cause and effect? Pull your head out of the sand dude,this isn't the 80's.
The whole concept is a science based on standardized rating systems that evolved into 'ball' team sports from USCF and FIDE/ELO chess programs.A science that is now employed by all successful coaches.Sir Alex Ferguson arguably the most successful coach in EPL's history,lived and breathed this science,you can read all about it in his book 'Leading' which he wrote with Michael Moritz.
I'll offer you an olive branch and ask that if you're genuine about learning the basics of this science,read my reply in this thread to Bulldogger.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great post.
Like you I can never understand the “Hoppa hate”.
Yes he has made some errors in defence but there is nothing wrong with him in attack.
He is one of the more dangerous in attack as your stats prove.
Bro I'm fairly new to this site,but I'm quickly starting to realize that most people here just hate because it's their way of expelling their frustration by trashing our players and team.I sometimes wonder what's happened to our once proud fans that stood alone,solid by their players that gave credit where credit was due.I'm tired of trying to change baseless opinions with facts,tired of the gun ho attitudes that were never heard at the once feared Belmore,as we urged EVERY player proudly on the hill.

I'll give you a classic,Frawley.We all know he's got lots of game management faults,but did anyone credit him for average try assists and involvements? Did anyone look at other root causes that exposed him? I can't straight out rubbish anyone that wears our colors,I'd rather point both his strengths and weakness and invite input.

I call a spade a spade and because I'm a Senior Counsel I'm trained not to pull any punches.I wrote some harsh words on JJ's attacking skills in some past posts,even though he's my favorite player but I don't do it with spite or hate,I present facts.
If you haven't already noticed,I invite you to look at the quality of information in my past posts.I put in a good effort in hope of informing my fellow Bulldog brothers in the fundamentals of the game,strategies and general statistical information.I do it in hope of inviting good knowledgeable debates and discourse.True,I do it for personal reasons as well because it makes me feel I'm a part of something big that's on the horizon,not just faded memories of Belmore.
It's sad,but if it wasn't for a few people that I've gained respect for,I would not post anymore and most likely move on,because it's becoming a waste of time.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
From memory Des didn't say Tolman was best front rower in the sense you are interpreting it.What he indicated was that after Graham's injuries,Tolman's workrate was the best in the NRL.Although he was right when comparing actual numbers per game,it showed a different picture when you averaged his workrate against minutes played per game.
When you study the game,you'll discover that what increases Tolman's worth are the little subtle on field,off the ball moves.His positioning,directing and leading the up-field movement of the defense,chasing kicks and holding the line up-field,his contribution around the ruck and all the dirty work that is essential.It also allowed Des to be able to inject Kasiano off the bench who was only able to play low minutes.Tolman's lock play style became redundant when Parker revolutionized that position.A modern day lock needs to be balanced with defensive and attacking attributes like J.Trbojevic, S.Burgess,DeBelin,Taumalolo,Gallen and Merrin. JJ as long as his ball playing ability and line penetration improves could eventually become a good enough lock as the one's mentioned,but currently his attack would be exposed unless Pay improves the bench rotation.
You mention strikepower as if you know what the fuck you're talking about! The center in the redundant archaic style we are currently playing starves and restricts the outside edge. How can a center penetrate when JJ as 2nd row has very poor attacking skills only averaging 73m (ranked 49th out of 50 in the NRL) compared to RFM who averages 114m?He hardly ever gets clean ball unless it's a cut out pass from Foran.Actually I'm amazed he's getting 118m compared to J.Morris with 113m.

This style is directed by a quick servicing hooker,who employs a collective wedge type forwards attack,bending,dominating and driving back the middle,whilst allowing the half to take on the line.The half needs to be foiled by a roving 5/8 that has the ability to run across the line (ala Reynolds),linking with the outside men and to penetrate on the outside of the tiring battered middle forwards.
That style originated in union and was developed into league by Tim Sheens at the West Tigers during the 2003-2004 seasons,after Tigers lost Terry Hill and Michael Buettner whilst signing Farah,Halatau,Heighington,Benji Marshall and Scott Prince.
The objective was to employ Farah's quick service ability in directing West's unfashionable forwards Skandalis,Galea,M.O'Neil,Laffranchi and Heighington.It worked so well that Wests won the 2005 grand final,a feat hailed as brilliant amongst students of the game.
It was later re-introduced by McGuire at Souths in 2012 and Des picked it up in 2015.Although Reynolds executed his task well,the hooker's poor service and the inability of our forwards to dominate the middle left Mbye looking ineffective.Coaches started countering this style after the 2014 grand final,by trapping the 5/8 with direct moving 2nd rowers,isolating and hemming the half with their hooker or lock.That style eventually destroyed Sheens,McGuire and Des and if Pay employs it without the right players in place he'll be the next victim.
Most people I know laugh at the thought of Pay using this style of play with Lichaa's inability of directing play from hooker.In fact this style only worked reasonably well against the Cows when JMK went to hooker,Holland was used as a roving 5/8,Foran took charge on both sides of the ruck aided by Mbye kicking from the back.Unfortunately Holland hasn't got Benji or Keary's speed,elusiveness and defensive line recovery so it exposed the left edge which led to a try.

I agree stats might not give you a total picture,but bro they are the best indicator to judge performance,every coach uses them,we tend to focus on Des because the fuckwit was more vocal about it.
Coaches annotate the games using computer engines with slow time controls and software to track any player with accuracy.If you have enough data on reliable servers the ratings closely reflect the true playing strength.It even points the type of mistake players are making (or still) against a defensive or attacking game plan or move,compares them and rates them to other players that play in the same position.This compare-execution-with-an-engine approach indicates tactical errors,strategic,positional,behavioral and effective ball management.Coaches like Bellamy use these tools for evaluating performance.He uses them better then most when he scouts for a new signing or to measure a player's progress,projected future quality and to eliminate his mistakes or flush out the opposition's weaknesses.

Genius you think you can do that with your brilliant eyes?You sound like a person that blocks his ears and mumbles "I'm right,but can't prove jack shit". Obviously you think that players play like under 12 or we're still in 80's,ffs.Ever heard of game plan execution,specific directed coaches instructions?The days of playing helter skelter football encouraged by Fulton in the late 90's and Bennett in the mid 2000 are also over.
Please don't think this is a personal attack on you,if it comes that way I apologize,but honestly it infuriates me when people criticize without taking the time to judge the cause and discard stats as if only opinion matters.Reminds me of a student that's popular in class but flunks the exams.
I agree Hoppa isn't the fastest but he's one player that is trying harder then most in a badly unbalanced team and as a Bulldogs fan I salute him for it.

Wow why don't you write a book on your opinions, I don't care for them but maybe someone would buy it.
You should get off your high horse and stop trying to lecture me on the game I've been watching for 30plus years fucker, especially seeing you've been here for 5 mins.
People like you scrounge up a few stats and 'facts' to support you, therefore thinking you speak some undeniable truth.

Last edited:

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow why don't you write a book about your opinions maybe someone would buy it.
Probably most of it went over your head,I went out of my way to try and educate you so maybe if you care to read it properly you'll find most is not my opinion but facts.
What's your problem afraid of learning are you? or is it because I know what I'm talking about,since I converse regularly with people you only know by name?
See people like you do my head in because they think they know this game by sitting comfy comfy watching it on the tube.
And yes I can probably write a book smart arse,since I had no problems getting numerous articles published into Rugby League Weekly and various newspapers.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably most of it went over your head,I went out of my way to try and educate you so maybe if you care to read it properly you'll find most is not my opinion but facts.
What's your problem afraid of learning are you? or is it because I know what I'm talking about,since I converse regularly with people you only know by name?
See people like you do my head in because they think they know this game by sitting comfy comfy watching it on the tube.
And yes I can probably write a book smart arse,since I had no problems getting numerous articles published into Rugby League Weekly and various newspapers.
So you think you're special? I don't need your indoctrination mate.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow why don't you write a book on your opinions, I don't care for them but maybe someone would buy it.
You should get off your high horse and stop trying to lecture me on the game I've been watching for 30plus years fucker, especially seeing you've been here for 5 mins.
People like you scrounge up a few stats and 'facts' to support you, therefore thinking you speak some undeniable truth.
I don't profess to speak undeniable truth,for from it,I present facts and welcome constructive discourse.So your opinion is,anyone that shows some knowledge and expresses information is 'on a high horse',not me buddy,got wrong dude.I only do it cause I care about my fellow Bulldog fans.
I don't lecture people and surely don't scrounge stats or facts.I've got a library of sporting books,recorded personal interviews,software that analysis performance and notes on Big League that date back to to 1974 when it was re-branded.But surely doesn't it piss you off when people throw our players under the bus purely on emotions?
I have no issues with anyone proving their case maybe I've been a Senior Counsel too long.
Another minor thing,yes I joined this site few weeks back,where you there when McCarthy broke our hearths in in 1967? I was.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Our outside backs have actually been pretty good at bringing the ball back in recent weeks and the likes of Moses, Bmoz, Hoppa and Montoya are up there when it comes to tackle breaks in their position.
Morris twins have been trying the hardest in the team imo....in defence, carrying the ball back and scoring tries.... Without either of them we would still be winless

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you think you're special? I don't need your indoctrination mate.
I agree and if I came across that way,mate,it was never my intention.
All we need from each other is friendship and support for the great cause,agreed?
One good thing that has come out of this,it's fired me up for today's sentencing hearing.Cheers.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

You say "Please don't think this is a personal attack on you, if it comes that way I apologize" after starting sentences a bunch of condescending leads.

Refrain from this using this snarky tone and maybe we can have an intelligent discussion, I do agree with what most you have written.

Remember you came at me first on your high horse.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree and if I came across that way,mate,it was never my intention.
All we need from each other is friendship and support for the great cause,agreed?
One good thing that has come out of this,it's fired me up for today's sentencing hearing.Cheers.
Yes, let's be friends I'm sure we can learn to respect eachother and get along for the common cause.
I must admit I can speak too emotionally especially straight after a loss. I should look more deeply into it and not get dragged along with the general concensus.
Have a good day.

Last edited:

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Morris boys are in wayyyy better form then hoppa, hoppa is too slow in both attack and D not to mention his carries from DH are useless. How are you even comparing hoppa and Montoya to the Morris side. Where do majority of our trys get leaked?
I wrote a few posts about the right edge.In 1 post I went through all the tries conceded by the Dogs (I couldn't find it because I would have pointed you to it).If you have time try looking at some videos,slowed down probably better,but not essential.
You'll find that the biggest transgressors were Foran and Montoya.Watch closely for Foran's bad positioning and Montoya indecisiveness.From memory Hoppa leaked 3 in and JJ 2. My point is the right edge has huge problems in attack because of JJ's ineffectiveness at 2nd row.Similar to what happened at Cronulla when Lewis was out earlier this year.
Honestly bro it amazes me that he's averaging 118m per game,just behind our props.The Morris boys have a beast on their side with RFM averaging 114m compared to JJ's 73m.Montoya has picked his average last few games and is running just ahead of Brett (who seems to be carrying an injury) 92m to 90m.
As for his dummy half running he's third behind Lichaa and B.Morris ahead of J.Morris,Brown,Mbye,Holland and Montoya.That's disgusting,like Brett is ahead of Josh,Montoya should be ahead of Hoppa,Holland was able to do it.
What I'm highlighting is that Hoppa is sandwiched between an out of form winger and a out of position forward,our right edge is unbalanced it's so obvious blind Harry can see it..

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, let's be friends I'm sure we can learn to respect eachother and get along for the common cause.
I must admit I can speak too emotionally especially straight after a loss. I should look more deeply into it and not get dragged along with the general concensus.
Have a good day.
All good brother,in the end we all mourn different,we cant help the passion we got for our club.I had to sleep in a hotel after that Easts loss,lucky I'm still married,I might not go home if we lose next game.I was as grumpy as a bear that copped a load of buckshot in the arse.All I ask is please don't call me Des cause I quote some stats like someone else did,I hate that fucker with a passion.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
All good brother,in the end we all mourn different,we cant help the passion we got for our club.I had to sleep in a hotel after that Easts loss,lucky I'm still married,I might not go home if we lose next game.I was as grumpy as a bear that copped a load of buckshot in the arse.All I ask is please don't call me Des cause I quote some stats like someone else did,I hate that fucker with a passion.
Yeah I get shitty for a few days too. Sweet as mate, and I won't call you Des (even if I'm thinking it) haha.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa was meant to be a solid centre and Latteral sliced past him, is our right flank our weakness and they know it?
Watch the try again.
1) At 4:23 Cronk takes on the line using Liu and Napa as decoys on Lichaa and Elliott (where the fuck was Woods?).
2) Cronk offloads to Kleary,who takes on JJ whilst Cordner runs decoy into Foran.
**Tedesco chimes in (Mbye should have moved across fast following the ball,or there should have been an extra man if Woods marked Napa and Lichaa was able to slide with the defense).
3) Kleary offloads to Tedesco just before JJ tackles him.
**Tedesco runs towards Hoppa with Mitchell and Manu on his outside (now there is a 3 on 2 overlap).Mbye still not across,Foran,JJ,Lichaa and Elliott committed.Woods created the overlap by being out of position and not following Napa.
**Montoya and Hoppa caught having to make a quick decision,does Hoppa take Tedesco,leaving a 2 on 1 with Mitchell and Manu against Montoya,or follow the pass to the outside hoping Tedesco doesn't cut out Mitchell.If Tedesco passes to Mitchell the ball can be turned back on the inside to Tedesco,who was meters out from try line.
4) Hoppa gets beaten on inside at 4:28.
There isn't 1 team in the world that could have stopped that try.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hoppa has 6 try causes.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wrote a few posts about the right edge.In 1 post I went through all the tries conceded by the Dogs (I couldn't find it because I would have pointed you to it).If you have time try looking at some videos,slowed down probably better,but not essential.
You'll find that the biggest transgressors were Foran and Montoya.Watch closely for Foran's bad positioning and Montoya indecisiveness.From memory Hoppa leaked 3 in and JJ 2. My point is the right edge has huge problems in attack because of JJ's ineffectiveness at 2nd row.Similar to what happened at Cronulla when Lewis was out earlier this year.
Honestly bro it amazes me that he's averaging 118m per game,just behind our props.The Morris boys have a beast on their side with RFM averaging 114m compared to JJ's 73m.Montoya has picked his average last few games and is running just ahead of Brett (who seems to be carrying an injury) 92m to 90m.
As for his dummy half running he's third behind Lichaa and B.Morris ahead of J.Morris,Brown,Mbye,Holland and Montoya.That's disgusting,like Brett is ahead of Josh,Montoya should be ahead of Hoppa,Holland was able to do it.
What I'm highlighting is that Hoppa is sandwiched between an out of form winger and a out of position forward,our right edge is unbalanced it's so obvious blind Harry can see it..
You make some valid points and I guess I have never looked that closely at certain things. Well if that's the case Jacko imo is more suited to lock anyway and I think Ryse Martin could do well on that side as I seen him run some decent lines in the Reggie's and last year's World cup. One thing i do agree on is forans lateral movement in defence has caused us a few issues this year

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You make some valid points and I guess I have never looked that closely at certain things. Well if that's the case Jacko imo is more suited to lock anyway and I think Ryse Martin could do well on that side as I seen him run some decent lines in the Reggie's and last year's World cup. One thing i do agree on is forans lateral movement in defence has caused us a few issues this year
That right edge needs an overhaul,JJ is not suited to 2nd row,Montoya is too hot and cold and Hoppa is working hard but looking ineffective.
Doesn't help that our middle 4 are letting us down,but I'm hoping with JJ at lock,he'll be able to structure the middle defense (props) better.Then maybe,we can afford to replace Lichaa,who's currently our best middle defender,with a better point of attack hooker.
Martin's fitness was an issue first few ISP games.He's now regaining the form that won him the 2016 Intrust 2nd rower of the year,even his kicking has improved.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I joined this site 2weeks ago. My first thread was Lewis is ready. Love to see him get a crack at firsts in the centres he is solid in defence which is what we need. Not sure pay likes changes.
So a half back playing at LEFT centre in the reggies is now the replacement for our RIGHT centre who does little wrong week in and week out. Almost all of the criticisms levelled at Hoppa are due to the poor defensive efforts of Jackson, including last week. Perhaps we can drop Jackson and bring Lewis in. Makes about as much sense.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Des joke is getting old and only reflects your immature mentality and please don't insinuate that by me using stats I'm that piece of shit,because I will not take it too kindly.I was itching to drag that Manly fraud through the Supreme Court on the grounds of 'promissory estoppel' because I'm a man of action not an armchair critic.

I've invested hours studying coaches tactics,as it keeps me sharp in court and helps me converse at an intellectual level with various past and present identities of the game.But most people haven't got the time or are not interested in doing it,so instead they objectively read,evaluate and offer welcomed comments.Others like you find alternative subjective ways to justify themselves,that ultimately will end up using Ad hominem attacks.
It's common for people like you to be annoyed by first hand knowledge,so instead they parrot and Plagiarize the so called expert commentators.They are unable to withstand any challenges because they have a false belief that somehow they understand rugby league.I think it's ridiculous that when confronted with superior knowledge instead of showing appreciation,it makes you irritated.I guess it's the tall poppy syndrome that is embedded in the Australian culture,so I will not fault you too much on this.
Philosopher David Hume in his book 'A Treatise of human nature' wrote "present knowledge to the uneducated and they will see it as a threat,whether they realize it or not",lol.

I seriously hope you don't think Des invented the use of stats,in fact he was a failed late comer.Most Bulldog fans understandably,only tend to notice his rants (and snorts) because most don't care to study the game or during Des's forgettable time,they were not effected or interested in other coaches.
What do you think coach's means when they say "we'll look at the problem and try to fix it?" Surely you don't think they use antiquated video methods,blackboards and hand notes to dissect the cause and effect? Pull your head out of the sand dude,this isn't the 80's.
The whole concept is a science based on standardized rating systems that evolved into 'ball' team sports from USCF and FIDE/ELO chess programs.A science that is now employed by all successful coaches.Sir Alex Ferguson arguably the most successful coach in EPL's history,lived and breathed this science,you can read all about it in his book 'Leading' which he wrote with Michael Moritz.
I'll offer you an olive branch and ask that if you're genuine about learning the basics of this science,read my reply in this thread to Bulldogger.
Owned

Status
Not open for further replies.