Holdsworth admits criticism hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberts_95

dogs armie
Reaction score
who wouldnt be hurt after the crap he copped from former greats. but all in all, he had a solid performence against the knights.
shame it might be his last game for the bulldogs. he is really talented.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
+1

Sherwin was our spark in 2006, and whenever he went well, we went incredibly well. Holdsworth was very solid that year, but he NEVER did anything out of the ordinary.

DJ wouldn't have been bad at all, but to think he can even go close to replicating what Roberts can? I think thats laughable tbh

If we had a very flashy halfback like Thurston, having Holdsworth would IMO be a better option
LOL in 06 the entire kennel thought our future was DJ/Roberts halves combo... only 4 of us thought otherwise...

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
in 2006 i thought Roberts would be our centre :o i still think his future will be in the centres, doubt with the dogs though

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in 2006 i thought Roberts would be our centre :o i still think his future will be in the centres, doubt with the dogs though
As long as Roberts plays with a good halfback he'll stay at 5/8 where ever he goes.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he wasn't that great in 2006?

How many of you still actually think that Holdsworth was the reason we lost that Prelim final in 2006?

Not to mention, DJ has no running game to speak of, he would never replicate what Roberts did in that Broncos game, neither could he just step, fend and pass.

DJ has NEVER done that before and he WONT because he doesn't have that ability.
DJ does have a decent running game tbh, he was actually quite good with ball in hand in 2006.

Roberts is far better though.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lets all live off the past with DJ 2006 :whacky:

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
x2. Got speed and strength and pretty good defence which is all needed for a centre.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch DJ in 06, he was pretty damaging as a runner of the ball. Knew where to hit the line to slip through it
He's obviously got far more brains than Roberts, but really he isn't fast and he hasn't got a step, he plays more like a forward in the halves...

DJ was praised in 06, because first and foremost his long kick game has always been superb and secondly because he had footy smarts, in 06 he would pop up everywhere when guys like O'Meley, SBW and etc offloaded.

But his running game is nothing compared to Roberts...As i said before, if we had an incredibly flashy halfback like Thurston, i'd believe DJ is the better option, but Kimmorley steadies the ship more which allows a bloke like Roberts to flourish, i don't see what DJ could offer that Kimmorley doesn't, whereas Roberts does have a better running game than Kimmorley

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roberts is a crap defender. Would make a crap centre. His only option is to continue to mascarade as a 5/8.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who's to say that DJ wouldnt of had an awesome year if he got the #6 jumper over Roberts?

IMO I think he would have played awesome just like in 06. Not at any point did DJ play at 5/8 this year, and we all know that is his best position.

I hope he goes to another club and kills it.
Look ive had a joke at DJs expense myself, but in reality he probably would have had a great year in place of say Roberts, and the more matches he played the better he would be.

He has nothing on BK and i wouldnt have wanted him instead of BK all year though.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he played well and I hope he gets that bench spot

Gakis

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well done Holdsworth. Good game on Saturday night. Thanks for helping us get through to the GF qualifier. Didn't think you deserved the criticism after the loss to the Tigers. We didn't have any possession in that game, particularly early on, then we were down 10-0 and never recovered. That was a nothing game anyway, as we were assured of a top 2 spot.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets all live off the past with DJ 2006 :whacky:
berries, my man,
i have waited for so long to be able to agree with you : )

terrible hands, no straight running at all, mediocre defensively.
Nothing you other handwringing, yay for dj, crew say will ever change that.

just because a bloke does not play poorly, does not mean he has answered his critics.

D

DoggyStylz

Ah Holdsworth, i like to watch him play..........................for another team

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holdsworth did his job for the team, got us to week three :grinning:

C

chipandchase

Holdsworth did his job for the team, got us to week three :grinning:
look lets get serious and take off our blue and white glasses.
we carried holdsworth becasue we had no other options
we started a lock forward and five eight, a five eight at halfback, to COVER for a halfback that could not handle the pressure of starting a game.
that is the fact here, would he start BK from the bench? no, would prince start from the bench? no
we "protected" him.
in saying all that, he played "ok" when came on, did not special but didnt do alot wrong.
we are there for next week, so lets just leave it at that, we have BK back now, lets hope he comes back bigger and better

Status
Not open for further replies.