HipDrop Insanity

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No charge for Preston is the right decision but it makes even less sense that they went back 4 tackles to penalise this and then sin bin him for it upon review.. So they obviously know they got it wrong.

But why the fuck are they going back 4 tackles and binning him for it in the first place then as if it was Danny Williams king hit on Mark O'Neill? They had a minute or so to review that and see there's nothing in it. It's a circus all around.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No charge for Preston is the right decision but it makes even less sense that they went back 4 tackles to penalise this and then sin bin him for it upon review.. So they obviously know they got it wrong.

But why the fuck are they going back 4 tackles and binning him for it in the first place then as if it was Danny Williams king hit on Mark O'Neill? They had a minute or so to review that and see there's nothing in it. It's a circus all around.
& what happen to the classic hip-drop from Cooper " I know everything" Cronk.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Let’s see how Annesley defends this bs in his weekly presser

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No charge after getting sin binned because it was such a terrible tackle apparently. Again, this is why NRL is a dying sport! Ofcourse Annesley will defend the ref and say some bs to shut everyone up until the next week when the refs will continue to ruin the game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No charge after getting sin binned because it was such a terrible tackle apparently. Again, this is why NRL is a dying sport! Ofcourse Annesley will defend the ref and say some bs to shut everyone up until the next week when the refs will continue to ruin the game.
& what happen to the classic hip-drop from Cooper " I know everything" Cronk.
And Cam Murray gets away with a classic hip drop on Preston. The NRL will not review the tape, because the Bunnies are a protected species, and we know that they were the victims on Friday.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Classic Hip drop from Cooper "my every word is gospel" Cronk. So far I have heard Brandy, Luke Keary, Paul Gallen, Andrews Johns, all question the hip drop. Accidents do happen, players get caught in wrong position. Can't go searching for the tiniest hint of foul play everytime some one goes down with a leg injury. Hip Drop by its nature is a deliberate act.
It wouldn't have happened if Graham wasn't pushing his player while Preston was holding onto the ball. Graham caused the tackle to go wrong.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did Extra-time-polla-mounter delete their thread? I went back to comment on it, and it's gone.
They were so certain that it was a hip drop, and had a go at me over my claim that it was nothing of the sort.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clowns at the NRLol take note.
Everything Gus said was spot on and what we've all been saying..

They need to forget about the hip drip crackdown and make an immediate rule change where an old fashioned around the bootlace legs tackle is rewarded by the marker being allowed to get square. Penalising legs tackles by making them release straight away started the domino effect which lead to grapples, wrestling, cannonballs, hip drops, crushers etc.

Reward regulation legs tackles by letting the defender get to marker and all of these problems are reduced massively. But that's too simple for the muppets at the NRL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Don't start me Mum" ;)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Everything Gus said was spot on and what we've all been saying..

They need to forget about the hip drip crackdown and make an immediate rule change where an old fashioned around the bootlace legs tackle is rewarded by the marker being allowed to get square. Penalising legs tackles by making them release straight away started the domino effect which lead to grapples, wrestling, cannonballs, hip drops, crushers etc.

Reward regulation legs tackles by letting the defender get to marker and all of these problems are reduced massively. But that's too simple for the muppets at the NRL
Exactly, it is that simple, a legs tackle that drops a player like a sack of potatoes is a dominant tackle, just call it like it is, it’s not that hard.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The hip drop is a bullsh!t myth, the whole point of rugby league is getting a player to the ground by any means possible with the exception of tackles above the shoulders which is logical. The reality is, most tackles are effected applying body weight.

the crusher is also ridiculous, players now backing into the defence to draw penalties - my take here is if the attacker turns their back running the ball up, the defender can’t be penalised for a crusher, simple.

the one they did get right is the “cannon ball” tackle aimed at the legs whilst a player is held up or stationary - these tackles end seasons and careers.

The NRL is becoming farcical with these interpretations.