HipDrop Insanity

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can’t penalise a player/tackler everytime an opposing player gets hurt in a tackle
It’s a fcuking contact sport

it’s not oztag nor touch footy
100% bro, so many "tough" players just stay down and cry now too.

Surely the NRL know injuries whether it be contact or noncontact can occur in a sport with tackling and running/jumping at a very fast pace ffs

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Game wont be dead because the current gen and new league "fans" dont know any better.. and dont know how the game used to be..

Last edited:

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Classic Hip drop from Cooper "my every word is gospel" Cronk. So far I have heard Brandy, Luke Keary, Paul Gallen, Andrews Johns, all question the hip drop. Accidents do happen, players get caught in wrong position. Can't go searching for the tiniest hint of foul play everytime some one goes down with a leg injury. Hip Drop by its nature is a deliberate act.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t penalise a player/tackler everytime an opposing player gets hurt in a tackle
It’s a fcuking contact sport

it’s not oztag nor touch footy
You can if you fear being sued.

The NRL needs to grow some balls of its own or get some real lawyers within their ranks or simply fekk off and let some other organisation take over the sports governance.

This fear of being sued has gone too far.

Either admit your product is flawed and a ticking time bombs or defend it and survive.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s dead already, the corruption has spread like wildfire.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All seriousness, I don't understand the rule. Every tackle looks like a hipdrop going off what they're pulling up. None of them have looked the same.

Then you've got Cronk in the commentary calling it a classic hipdrop...
What’s the actual definition ? Pulling someone down with all your weight off the ground ?

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Preston gets a week or 2 for that or gets absolutely no charge

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
What’s the actual definition ? Pulling someone down with all your weight off the ground ?
What are the key indicators of this charge?
1) The defending player will generally have a grip of the opposition player, using that grip to lift or maintain body weight to then drops or swings their hip/s around (this drop/swing starts to look unnatural on football field).
2) The defender usually swivels their nearest hip away from the body, aiming their bottom or hip at the opposition player's body and lower limbs. The defender lands their body weight on the lower leg/s to stop the opposition players momentum, trapping the lower limb into a dangerous position with weight and force.

So, #1 is met. #2 is accidental but met as well. So Preston will do time for this (pending grading). The only mitigating factor is that none of this happens if psycho isn't illegally pushing his guy through the line.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/preston-binned-over-hip-drop-tackle!845655

I don't like it (and really couldn't be fckd re watching the game in this context). If someone out there has some real masochistic tendencies - hope you can rewatch the game and see how many of these you can find.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

So on this basis - how exactly are you meant to tackle a guy from behind who has made a break? U could go low, but he'll front up, quick play the ball and you'll probably concede anyway.

Which goes back to a point I made yonks ago - an around the legs tackle should be rewarded where you cannot play the ball until the tackler is at marker. Solves a whole range of problems.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I say no more suspensions unless it’s a deliberate careless act. (King hits, spear tackles, elbows ect)
Stuff like this should just be a fine.
The game has gone mad. It’s not even enjoyable anymore.
Let’s say Haas makes a break and you have Perham having to make a one on one, how do they think it’s okay to not allow Perham to use his body weight to bring him down

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They are gradually banning tackling at all. Fast forward 10 years, with the pace they are currently making tackling illegal, and we will be supporting a touch footy competition.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I say we go back to the crusher.