Here come the Habibs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not to spark another Holy War but how is it cleaner and tastier?
I always hear that too but I don't get the logic/science behind the cleaner and tastier.
I get my meat straight from a farm in dural, organic free range lol straight off the yard I don't know if you'll get tastier and fresher than that tbh

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I only buy from halal butchers. Not because my husband is Muslim but my mum always did anyway. I found that its cleaner and tastier.
That is pretty much how my friends who buy from them view our butchers, they believe it is cleaner and that a trust has been built up with the butcher from their family doing in the past. We buy from the son of a butcher whose father/family that my mum's family buys from in Tripoli funny enough, it is all about trust and knowing when it comes to meat haha!

My mum also told me that in her part of Tripoli she comes from its mainly Halal butchers and all people frequent them due to trust and knowing how we prepare things plus you don't get that bloody smell other butchers get!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

it takes longer to go off as there is little blood in the halal meat compare to non halal meat.

Japanese were specifically ordering halal meat from australia as non halal meat was going off much quicker during shipment despite being in cold storage.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
not all muslims buy meat from halal butchers either.

another misconception.
But they'll still be buying halal certified meats from Coles or woollies of they have them right? Or is it ok to not have halal?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it takes longer to go off as there is little blood in the halal meat compare to non halal meat.

Japanese were specifically ordering halal meat from australia as non halal meat was going off much quicker during shipment despite being in cold storage.
Learning new things everyday lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is pretty much how my friends who buy from them view our butchers, they believe it is cleaner and that a trust has been built up with the butcher from their family doing in the past. We buy from the son of a butcher whose father/family that my mum's family buys from in Tripoli funny enough, it is all about trust and knowing when it comes to meat haha!

My mum also told me that in her part of Tripoli she comes from its mainly Halal butchers and all people frequent them due to trust and knowing how we prepare things plus you don't get that bloody smell other butchers get!
Yeah ive heard this

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
#you are not alone#

imagine me singing this my indian accent.
How bad is your accent? Can't be that bad lol.

I read all his posts with an apu accent
Especially after he told us his kids rip him off about it lol
Fkn lol. Now I keep doing the same thing lol.

Just in general. I tried a few regular butchers here and I found the taste different. I guess I'm just used to it since my whole family only buy halal meat. Still can't give up bacon though, the taste of bacon never changes lol

Lol I'm sure your husband being Muslim has something to do with always going there. Nothing wrong with that it means you're a good wife knowing your husband won't like eating non halal and respecting his religion. Props to you
He's not practicing but even before me his parents would buy meat from any butcher. Its something I got him used to. The only thing I don't do is I don't eat pork at home. If we go out to eat and something has bacon in it its fine but I won't do it at home.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol
Now we talking halal
Lol
I love the kennel

Oh this is priceless mr I is going to have smoke coming out his nostrils the second he starts reading all this haha

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Just in general. I tried a few regular butchers here and I found the taste different. I guess I'm just used to it since my whole family only buy halal meat. Still can't give up bacon though, the taste of bacon never changes lol

He's not practicing but even before me his parents would buy meat from any butcher. Its something I got him used to. The only thing I don't do is I don't eat pork at home. If we go out to eat and something has bacon in it its fine but I won't do it at home.
lol be honest do you miss bacon and eggs in the morning? I get the freshest and safest bacon from a farm it's so dam good lol but it has to be crisp I hate bacon not crispy I don't like it at all.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But they'll still be buying halal certified meats from Coles or woollies of they have them right? Or is it ok to not have halal?

a lot of muslim wont care, i think i explained in detail how there are two group of muslims mainly in australia.

1- muslims who wont care if the meat is halal or not as long as it is not a pig. these muslims wont care about a lot of other things, they might drink alcohol, fornacate, cheat, get involved in business with interest etc.
2- muslims who dont trust the halal authorities in australia and wont buy chicken from anywhere as there is a lot of doubt how chicken is slaughtered and stamped halal when it is actually not.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Pardon my ignorance but did you convert?

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This was my point to begin with.
Glad someone understood lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol
Now we talking halal
Lol
I love the kennel

Oh this is priceless mr I is going to have smoke coming out his nostrils the second he starts reading all this haha
Well blaqpup will be taking the fall for this one this time "nuns" he wanted to start something and he did lol. All from me saying people who got offended should grow a pair lol.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha 'shytans in disguise'
Pretty much haha!

I think it comes down to how we prepare our meat (having no blood in it, treatment of the animal and etc) and how strict we are with being clean, being a butcher is something pretty serious in parts of our culture so being the best you can be with it is like a sign of respect towards the profession.

Alot of our own butchers are family trades which have been going on for a while, part of my mums family (grandfathers side) have been butchers for a few generations and take it very serious and always stay clean and truthful towards customers because meat is a serious to us haha!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If all men are created equal, why do you need a sheik/rabbi to bless the meat. Why can't you just pray for blessing before you eat it. They are just men who are corruptible just like all of us.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much haha!

I think it comes down to how we prepare our meat (having no blood in it, treatment of the animal and etc) and how strict we are with being clean, being a butcher is something pretty serious in parts of our culture so being the best you can be with it is like a sign of respect towards the profession.

Alot of our own butchers are family trades which have been going on for a while, part of my mums family (grandfathers side) have been butchers for a few generations and take it very serious and always stay clean and truthful towards customers because meat is a serious to us haha!
I love the butcher I go to. I actually have to call him a few days in advance to order the meat I want. But its always super fresh and tasty.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If all men are created equal, why do you need a sheik/rabbi to bless the meat. Why can't you just pray for blessing before you eat it. They are just men who are corruptible just like all of us.

no yo dont, any one can do halal slaughter as long as it is done in the name of God and jugular vein is cut.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the butcher I go to. I actually have to call him a few days in advance to order the meat I want. But its always super fresh and tasty.

is he figian??

figian butcher shops stink.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pretty much haha!

Damn straight meat is serious lol

I just think everyone sticks to their own kind. Lebbos go to Lebbo butchers and Assyrians go to Assyrian butchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.