K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
I purpously held off saying anything until Hazem's season finished and it's unfortunate it had the end the way it did. I'm not in a positive mood at the moment but I will try my best.

There are many words to describe Hazem El Masri. Professional. Dignified. Respected. Admired. Adored. Loved. Gentleman. Yet none of these words can do him any justice.

There's Hazem El Masri the player and there's Hazem El Masri the gentelman. While most of us don't know Hazem personally, there is not much difference between Hazem the player and Hazem the gentleman. Hazem always played the game as a gentleman. He never played dirty, he always showed respect to the opposition and he played the game to the best of his ability. Hazem was a true perfectionist on the field. You could see the hurt it in his face when he missed that one kick. He didn't want to let his team mates down, he didn't want to let himself down, he didn't want to let us, the supporters, down. He has a memorable career jam packed with highs and lows. He's been through 2002 salary cap scandal and stood tall. He's been through 2004 and stood tall, he's been through point stripping and stood tall, he's been on the losing end of semi finals and he's stood tall.

Then there's Hazem El Masri the gentelman. The family man. The larrikin. The guy that's not suppose to fit in Aussie culture but does. Not only does he fit in, he's loved and respected by all. I am neither Lebanese nor Muslim but for a Lebanese Muslim gentleman to be so loved, admired and respected by ALL in today's society is a MASSIVE compliment to the man himself. The way his career ended was unfortunate but it should take nothing away from what the man has earned, built and achieved.

Hazem has made us all so proud to not only be Bulldogs supporters but as human beings. It's warm and comforting to know in today times there are still true, loving family men like Hazem El Masri.

The Bulldogs family and NRL has lost a beautiful player but his family has gained back a husband, son and a dad.

I thank you, Hazem for making me cheer, laugh and cry. There is only one Hazem El Masri and there will always only be one Hazem El Masri.

I wish you, your family and friends all the best in the future with everything you do. I wil always have the memories and so will Hazem. Gone but never, ever forgotten. God bless.

Peace and love.
Andrew A.
that was amazing.

dogzboy3

Waterboy
Reaction score
hazem is the greatest player of all time and no-one can replace him. also K E that was incredibly amazing.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I dont know what to say, it hasnt really sunk in yet that he will not be wearing the blue n white again. Hazem, we will miss you and THANK YOU so much for everything over the years, all the best in the years to come.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
OMG... Hazem.... I'll never see him play again!!!!!!
*crys in corner*

I love you Hazem you are an inspiration and you went out well and truly on top of your game. I miss you already Haz please don't leave the game!

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
THANKS HAZ your are a true club and rugby league legend the finest goal kicker in history and you scored over 150 tries and played over 300 games your are champion bulldogs and champion man

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
that was awesome andrew...and the fact that he stayed at the leagues club and had a chat with us shows me how much he does appriciate his fans...thank you for the countless memories that have given not only me but all doggies supporters

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Any update on what Haz is up to now / his place in the club for the future?

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Still waiting?

Be careful what you wish for...
I defended Hazem tirelessly in 2008 from all the nuffs on here who said he was too old and wanted him gone.

I didn't need to. He spoke for himself last year. His final game for us against the Eels was one of his best last year.

Fkn miss him :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i defneded hazem tirelessly in 2008 from all the nuffs on here who said he was too old and wanted him gone.

I didn't need to. He spoke for himself last year. His final game for us against the eels was one of his best last year.

Fkn miss him :(
long live hazem.....the greatest goalkicking winger.....who scored as many trys as he kicked goals.......straight outa beirut!!!!!!!!

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Come back Hazem!... We need ya....Even though you have gained a lot of weight but would still defend better than current wingers we have :grinning:

bluewhiteblood

Waterboy
Reaction score
I met him the other day and he said he's not involved with the dogs at the moment.. it's a shame, didn't seem to happy about it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I met him the other day and he said he's not involved with the dogs at the moment.. it's a shame, didn't seem to happy about it.
Yeh i guess we already have halligan doing kicking coaching for the club, and hes not much off being as good as Haz. I miss haz and our defence down his side seems to miss him too. Ppl bagged his defence but he did know how to read the play and we have leaked points where he stood since he went. Yeh he had to retire, he was getting old for the game, but even so, we miss him.

bennyb

Waterboy
Reaction score
guys i no some very dark secrets about this club i supported for as long as i can remember and the info i have is from a very close family friend of mine and he has been involved the club and council before most of us supporters were even born and these secrets are guranteed to make most of you jump ship to another club at first i did not believe them like any true blue and white fan but he did show me evidence and now i really do feel ashamed to be a dogs supporter but i dont know if i should post these dark secrets that have been hiden away for years

Status
Not open for further replies.