News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teach him a bloody lesson. we as a club need to stand up to these clowns. And the NRL are absolutely pathetic. They deregister him , his punishment is downgraded and Canberra benefit. How the fuk is Canberra even allowed to offer him a contract ? An absolute joke. So clubs do the right thing and then get punished.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've lost all respect for CHN, so I'm happy for him to piss off. I understood the little beef he may have had, but he needs to grow up and own up on the fuck up HE made. I wanted him to repay the club, not stay just because Barrett is coming.
Yeah I was a fan too but he can go and get fucked now.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club should not release CHN under any circumstance until 2021. If he wants to leave at the end of the season so be it but not before.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
While he may well end up leaving for nothing, that would be poor management and a missed opportunity if he did.

If he insists on leaving, then I don't see the harm in sitting him out til the end of the season til we find compensation for him from another club. He's under contract for two more years so it's not like the club has no power in this situation.
He holds all the power do you think sitting him out will have an effect when he's still getting paid every week? All the other clubs know that they just have to wait and they will get him without giving any compensation.

We don't have any bargaining power.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He holds all the power do you think sitting him out will have an effect when he's still getting paid every week? All the other clubs know that they just have to wait and they will get him without giving any compensation.

I disagree. He wants to play footy as well as get paid. The club needs to draw a line in the sand for once. No other club has been fucked over as much as ours over the years with players walking out on their deals without us getting anything in return.

$BW, Barba, Hannant, Mason, Klemmer etc..

Other clubs want him as he's an attacking rep 2nd rower on reasonable money with two and a half years left on his contract. In other sports that's a huge trade asset. Other NRL clubs get compensation in player swaps for their players. Why should our club continue to be a doormat and get nothing in return?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It's moot anyway. Fucking pathetic.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree. He wants to play footy as well as get paid. The club needs to draw a line in the sand for once. No other club has been fucked over as much as ours over the years with players walking out on their deals without us getting anything in return.

$BW, Barba, Hannant, Mason, Klemmer etc..

Other clubs want him as he's an attacking rep 2nd rower on reasonable money with two and a half years left on his contract. In other sports that's a huge trade asset. Other NRL clubs get compensation in player swaps for their players. Why should our club continue to be a doormat and get nothing in return?
That's the thing its not other sports it's a shit system and we are going to get bitten again. There's no such thing as a trade or swap.

How long do you keep him around the club soaking up cap space? Until the system changes stuff like this will happen.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I was a fan too but he can go and get fucked now.
Yup, considering we all supported an thought he was wronged, yet he Carry’s on like a spoilt little kid. Completely lost respect, and embarrassed to think he is a kiwi.!!! He can piss off right now. We moving forward and don’t need him here..!!!

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know today’s announcements Re Cotric and Barrett, were coming eventually, but have they been dropped on the same day to soften the blow of the next announcement that CHN has been released? I think that if he doesn’t want to play for us this year, sit him out and don’t release him. If he is available for selection and chooses not to play, we can ‘fine’ him, I read somewhere it can be around 20% of his contract? I’m sure someone knows the numbers. Then at the end of the year Barrett can chat too him, if he really wants to leave after that, broker a swap deal for 2021 season. If it’s still Canberra, We shouldn’t limit the options to an edge back row, we could discuss Starling at 9, Guler up front or a host of young players they have coming through the ranks.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How can the Raiders even offer him a deal when he has two and half years remaining on his deal? Gut feel is he’s gone and they are just delaying the announcement for as long as possible.
Damn good question. Why aren't they in breach of the NRL's rules? Ate they not enticing him to break his contract?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully this means we're a higher chance of keeping Elliott, better than CHN anyways. I'd much rather lose CHN than Elliott, especially with what has gone on. At the end of the day CHN was the one who f'd our season before it even started and costed us a major sponsor. For him to blame the club... I'll just leave it there.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully this means we're a higher chance of keeping Elliott, better than CHN anyways. I'd much rather lose CHN than Elliott, especially with what has gone on. At the end of the day CHN was the one who f'd our season before it even started and costed us a major sponsor.
elliot can fuck off too, acting as if hes some sort of rep player after having two good months of footy in 5 years.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
elliot can fuck off too, acting as if hes some sort of rep player after having two good months of footy in 5 years.
He isn't the one saying it. It's people inside the blues coaching camp saying it. There are only four locks that are outright better than him, Taumalolo, Trbojevic, Radley and Murray. Three of those are blues so he isn't going to make the origin team.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
80 odd metres a game to go with five missed tackles LOL, who cares.