News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's what everyone with half a brain knew... Problem was Greenberg was in-charge at the time so the outcome was always obvious seeing it was Bulldogs related...didn't matter what the club did we were going to get shit on
So you agree the bulldogs should of treated him differently to Okunber ?

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes of course. But with Greenberg the outcome would have been the same regardless of what stance we took
I agree and i think whatever action the club took the media would of blown it out of proportion either way

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We’re better off without the jerk ..... but seriously, the club is softer than CHN’s defence for letting him go this year. I hope the no account fuckwit misses the tackle that ends Canberra’s season.

Looks like I’ll be cheering the panthers on come finals time.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_B

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What employer at any job contacts the worker after they've been sacked...not many

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Family club my sweet brown arse.

dogs deserve this and you've just learnt a lesson in loyalty.

but fuck me dead you could have kept tabs on the guys welfare behind the scenes and explained to him 'it's just a process' and kept him warm. A savvy operator would have done this. Or lobbied to get him back. That's aside from the obvious of being outwardly critical of the punishment in the first place.

no one cares what CHN did. Fans don't care about this stuff. Sponsors perhaps but not fans. Let's be honest even if he was accused of orally raping the girl if it meant wins for us would the fans As a whole really care?
Saint George supporters can't wait to get De Balin back.
Troll or not, you're a dead set fuckwit!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I once learnt the hard way a valuable lesson.
If you start dating a bitch by taking her from her current boyfriend/husband, no matter how in love with you she is or how much she wants your dick, rest assured she will go out the same way she came in. Bitches leave relationships the same way they enter them.

same with players.
Well for starters, Don't get involved with another man's missus.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What employer at any job contacts the worker after they've been sacked...not many
On the contrary, it's good practice and Usual HR protocol to check in for welfare purposes.

It all spends on the employer though.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We’re better off without the jerk ..... but seriously, the club is softer than CHN’s defence for letting him go this year. I hope the no account fuckwit misses the tackle that ends Canberra’s season.

Looks like I’ll be cheering the panthers on come finals time.
You'll be cheering on the Panthers? Dude. I haven't even checked on the final series since the last time we won it. Honestly can't even tell you who won last year. All I know is that we weren't in the finals, and that's it.

Agree about the club letting him go but imagine that they're probably caught between a rock and a hard place. Personally would've made him rot in ... well ... not reserves as we don't have that but somewhere where he can't have any impact on the team ... not that this is possible.

Reality is that keeping him, being the **** that he is, would've destroyed the playing group even more.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out fuckhead!!

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point I don’t give a f**k about anyone who doesn’t want to be a part of the club time to stop begging for everyone’s approval if you’re not with us you’re against us.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate we shot ourselves in the foot. By doing so we gave him and his manager amunition to be used against us.
Firstly the bloke cant tackle for shit. His missed tackle count is quite high on average.
Yes he can hit holes but we have no one to create those holes.
He and Knock it forward were on club duties at a school representing the Bulldogs and Nrl. Yes the girls were legal, but the events showed no respect for the rules the club put in place and we lost a major sponsor out of it.
The same people on here wanted them gone are the ones who now want to keep them. Fuck that.
They can stay gone. Seems our board has decided to chase Pommy imports now anyway.
The pair of them are ordinary players anyway

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point I don’t give a f**k about anyone who doesn’t want to be a part of the club time to stop begging for everyone’s approval if you’re not with us you’re against us.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So with this grubs release does that mean we have to get the squad back to 30 players before the deadline?

If so I wonder who they are targeting?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting point that Denan Kemp (Ex broncos legend) put up on Facebook in the comment section in response to an angry leb dude who quite rightly pointed out he bailed after losing us a sponsor.

-----
Denan Kemp:
Ahmad Issa I know for a fact he took a massive pay cut to go to the Raiders.

There’s no point discussing this with you as you are simply making shit up.

The club DID NOT support him. They supported the NRL’s decision to sack & deregister him.

He literally had to appeal the ban himself. The club had the power to appeal the NRL’s decision & chose not to.

If CHN didn’t appeal himself he’d be lost to the game. For something that although isn’t the best look is far from illegal.

He didn’t meet any girls at the school, Okunbor did.

He slept with a consenting women who was of age.

What CHN did was very different to what Okunbor did & should not have been treated the same.

He has been punished he’s been out of the game for 6 months & publicly humiliated in front of the country largely for something he didn’t do.

He’s been shamed for picking up school girls at a promo which is not what he did. If that’s not punishment enough I don’t know what is.

But as I said it’s pointless discussing this with you. You’re angry he’s leaving so you are looking for a reason to hate him. Instead of laying the blame on the club for treating him (not Okunbor that’s a different situation) poorly.

Anyway have a good one I’m not gonna waste more time on this topic as any one thinking rationally can see the club hung him out to dry.
------

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about okunbut
He should be gone too. The only reason i would give him a second chance is because he has shown remorse to the club, team mates, fans and nrl. Even then it wouldn't be guaranteed.

As for CHN he has done nothing of the sorts and is spitting his dummy out and is walking away. We dont need dick head players like him at the club.

Our brand continues to get tarnished and when these two incidents occurred the club did the best they could to fix that image. I'm actually surprised they were giving CHN an opportunity to stay tbh.

No one player no matter how good they are should be aligned to us. We need to clean up our brand if we want to be the club everyone looks up to and wants to be aligned with. Sponsors and fans, we keep losing both.

NO DICK HEAD POLICY

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So it’s the Clubs fault and not the NRLs for deregistering him ?
When the governing board make a ruling it’s very hard to overcome normally and Greenturd was never logical when it came to punishing the dogs.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting point that Denan Kemp (Ex broncos legend) put up on Facebook in the comment section in response to an angry leb dude who quite rightly pointed out he bailed after losing us a sponsor.

-----
Denan Kemp:
Ahmad Issa I know for a fact he took a massive pay cut to go to the Raiders.

There’s no point discussing this with you as you are simply making shit up.

The club DID NOT support him. They supported the NRL’s decision to sack & deregister him.

He literally had to appeal the ban himself. The club had the power to appeal the NRL’s decision & chose not to.

If CHN didn’t appeal himself he’d be lost to the game. For something that although isn’t the best look is far from illegal.

He didn’t meet any girls at the school, Okunbor did.

He slept with a consenting women who was of age.

What CHN did was very different to what Okunbor did & should not have been treated the same.

He has been punished he’s been out of the game for 6 months & publicly humiliated in front of the country largely for something he didn’t do.

He’s been shamed for picking up school girls at a promo which is not what he did. If that’s not punishment enough I don’t know what is.

But as I said it’s pointless discussing this with you. You’re angry he’s leaving so you are looking for a reason to hate him. Instead of laying the blame on the club for treating him (not Okunbor that’s a different situation) poorly.

Anyway have a good one I’m not gonna waste more time on this topic as any one thinking rationally can see the club hung him out to dry.
------
This is what Denan Kemp replied too;
----
The Locker Room u don’t play the game for the board! U play the game for ur supporters and fans and both clearly showed him the support! Canberra offered him more money and a chance to play finals this year so he took it! Stop sugar coating all the other shit plz, NRL players have always had an issue when players r never criticised by there own for stuffing up! Grow some balls! The bloke CHN stuffed up and now he’s crying about the support he didn’t get from the board! Plz man pull ur finger out and wake the hell up

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harawira-Naera is known to be a fan of Barrett's as he and teammate Jayden Okunbor continue discussions with Canterbury officials around their futures.

As it stands Harawira-Naera is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of 2022 and it is understood Canberra have offered to cover the same terms of that agreement.

Raiders officials have told NRL.com they have not heard from Harawira-Naera's camp since tabling the club's deal.

"It's up to Canterbury. If they release him, we'd like to get him, but the ball's in their court. That makes up for John [Bateman] going that's all," Raiders chief executive Don Furner told The Canberra Times on Wednesday.

Suggestions of Harawira-Naera requesting a release from Canterbury have been consistently floated
There is nothing of substance in this article, unless CHN's agent is rumour spreading, in the hope a big offer will come - even then, it will still be up to the Dogs to release him.

"It is understood"; "Raiders have not heard from his camp"; "It's up to the Bulldogs.....we'd like to get him"; "Suggestions.....have been constantly floating"; "
Harawira-Naera is known to be a fan of Barrett's as he and teammate Jayden Okunbor continue discussions with Canterbury officials around their futures".

Sounds like the daily stories of every NRL player being sought by the Dogs.

I'll wait until there is an official announcement,

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s a positive outcome all round. CHN leaves. Canberra picks him up for the same contract. And he doesn’t vs us in round 16.

great negotiation skills by the club :p

In all honesty though. Very soft from us. We could have made him sit and rot in reserve grade. We could have gotten a up and coming player.

They made it sound like it was payback for cotric? Cotric signed because raiders didn’t offer him more. No poaching at all. CHN had 2+ years left. And all we get is he doesn’t play against us in a months time. They basically gave up nothing and got an international.

I was starting to turn for this board. Closing out the cotric deal was impressive. And was one of the biggest acquisitions we have made in recent time’s. Things started looking more positive after Pays walk out.

If we let him go for nothing. Then that is very disappointing. Look at how Melbourne run their club. JAC and grant. You have to respect a team that doesn’t bend over backwards. They got a temporary player swap for Grant and told JAC you ain’t going anywhere.

We say fine take him. But he doesn’t play against us. We have no idea if true.