News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes it will, let’s not talk down his abilities. Even in that Raiders Team he is one if their top players now
He's a good attacking player but even then he's inconsistent. He'll obviously play better with good talent around him at Canberra.

But he also missed over 100 tackles last year and has always been a really bad and lazy defender.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CHN has done the wrong thing no doubt about this! If James Hooper doesn't agree then he should ask himself this - if Hooper had a daughter in HS and CHN agreed to meet her in a hotel, what would Hooper think then?
If CHN was sorry for his actions and if he was upset with the way the bulldogs Mgt handled things, this is ok BUT why punish the boys, the team mates who still wanted him back in the squad even though he has done the wrong thing morally!!! To say he would never ever want to put on the blue and white jersey again is hurtful because us loyal Doggies supporters and his team mates who he has left high and dry has done nothing wrong but support him throughout this sage he brought on himself!!!
Good luck to you CHN I honestly mean this, I hope you enjoy your new home in the nations capital and stay awsay from the school girls matey! I just hope our boys give you a good THUMPING for running away rather than prove how sorry you are and staying loyal to your team mates and loyal supporters! But then again that would mean you would have had some kind of respect for this great club but I guess you don't because you don't have any self respect for yourself!!!

Bye FELICIA !!!!
Denan Kemp from "The Locker Room" on facebook is saying he knows for a fact that CHN didnt attend any schools that weekend and wasnt part of any promotion with the schools , Yes he had consensual sex with a female but he didnt meet her at any school. He also seems to think that CHN was unfairly treated the same as Okunbor who acrually did sleep with girls he met at the school. He feels the club should have defended CHN better and appealed the NRL decision when 1st.handed down rather then sack him too.

If true does this make you feel different about what went down ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Denan Kemp from "The Locker Room" on facebook is saying he knows for a fact that CHN didnt attend any schools that weekend and wasnt part of any promotion with the schools , Yes he had consensual sex with a female but he didnt meet her at any school. He also seems to think that CHN was unfairly treated the same as Okunbor who acrually did sleep with girls he met at the school. He feels the club should have defended CHN better and appealed the NRL decision when 1st.handed down rather then sack him too.

That's what everyone with half a brain knew... Problem was Greenberg was in-charge at the time so the outcome was always obvious seeing it was Bulldogs related...didn't matter what the club did we were going to get shit on

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it will, let’s not talk down his abilities. Even in that Raiders Team he is one if their top players now
Na sorry hes a sock clutcher bud. U need your shoulder to bone people out in the big games. He only uses his shoulder on halfbacks. Everyone knows that. He will let in more tries at canberra than help create u watch. Penrith knew what they were doing when they let dallin and corey come to us bud. They helped us but thats there best, now we have to upgrade already again.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
elliot can fuck off too, acting as if hes some sort of rep player after having two good months of footy in 5 years.
You’re being awfully generous real1
2 good months
More like two good games
Roosters tigers cowboys shellackings weren’t good games

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well said 100%.
The mud will stick with him and its better he didn't put on a Dogs jersey again anyway because it will stick with the club.

He is a grub imo.
This is precisely the problem. Fans of Clubs will remember the Club that performed an indiscretion often as much if not more so than the player. Often at games I go to Ive got bullshit calls by fans of other teams calling our team rapists after Coffs Harbor. Throw mud it sticks. In 3 years time fans of other clubs will remember that Canterbury players like school girls more than they will recall that it was CHN. So the c#@t performs the deed and f##ks off leaving us holding the baby.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Moron doesn’t watch Nathan brown, Dale finucane and Alex twal
It's subjective. They're either around the same (not much between them) or worse imo. For them three in particular, I'd say around the same. I said there are a lot of good locks in the NRL and Elliott is one of them. There are only four that are clearly better, and they're the four I mentioned earlier. Moron (haha xD).

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
One final point.

Barrett had it in his power to keep CHN. In his power completely.

CHN's manager has been talking up this possibility all week saying that Barrett being the coach could manage to keen CHN. But as soon as Barrett is announced then news of CHN going comes out immediately, which clearly indicates that Barrett really didn't want to keep him.

What does that tell you? We can say our club is a bunch of idiots, but the new coach himself clearly didn't want to keep him either.

Yes. We can debate as to why we've apparently let CHN leave mid-season to join a rival, but the decision not to continue employing him is something I'll back. especially since the new coach obviously has the same view.
Incorrect. I know from inside that Barrett had no say in this. He hadn't even agreed to terms before we had already talked to the Raiders. CHN let us know in no uncertain terms that he wanted a release from his contract immediately. All we were able to secure was that the Raiders get to pay his back pay for this year. No player swap.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
This is precisely the problem. Fans of Clubs will remember the Club that performed an indiscretion often as much if not more so than the player. Often at games I go to Ive got bullshit calls by fans of other teams calling our team rapists after Coffs Harbor. Throw mud it sticks. In 3 years time fans of other clubs will remember that Canterbury players like school girls more than they will recall that it was CHN. So the c#@t performs the deed and f##ks off leaving us holding the baby.
did he get her pregnant? :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Incorrect. I know from inside that Barrett had no say in this. He hadn't even agreed to terms before we had already talked to the Raiders. CHN let us know in no uncertain terms that he wanted a release from his contract immediately. All we were able to secure was that the Raiders get to pay his back pay for this year. No player swap.
OK. Interesting. Though makes me question then why his agent was non-stop talking up the potential to stay if Barrett came on board.

Clearly he had his mind set on leaving no matter what, which is what the Dogs saw, so they simply let him go. See ya later I say.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Whether the guy did the dirty or not, the point is CHN chose to run away from his team rather than stay and prove them all wrong to me this is the real issue IF he never did the crime! If is is true for him to say sorry, why would he say this if he was not guilty and if he is guilty, saying sorry is just a word, to prove that you are actually would mean to prove it and proving it means staying put and earning the trust back from your team mates

Do you agree?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, we had already counted the salaries of CHN and Okky (as not payable next year) as part of the reported $3m war chest. So we've already kept Okky $185k and bought Thompson $650k and Cotric $650k so that leaves circa $1.5m left. THATS IT!!! Spend wisely!!!
Do we keep Elliott, Foran, Holland, Lafai, Montoya, Tolman others??
So much for the war chest.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plumbers and sparkys earn considerably more than engineers and they can sure walk in their 70's let alone 50's.
If they have their own business sure they might if they are a good business operator. If they are an employee definitely not.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's an insane set of circumstances where CHN can hold any sort of power when he was in the wrong. I can't see us getting anything in return.
I would make the entitled little brat sit out two seasons in exile and watch his career drain slowly into oblivion than see him go to another club and make them stronger and us weaker as a result of his wrongdoings! This is yet another sad and infuriating case of the Bulldogs copping the pointy end of the stick when our actions were in line with good society standards and values.

P.s it’s clear to me that James Hooper, PK, and the rest of the NRL on Fox rubbish hacks have an agenda against the Dogs, they were all on there tonight ranting that this situation with CHN is a win win scenario WTF! How the fuck is it a win for the Dogs??? We’ve lost a rep gun backrower to a much stronger club for doing the RIGHT thing and sacking him for his stupid low actions and lack of values!

and on another note, those bias assholes were all blowing the Rorters trumpets on how they are going to sign $BW for the rest of the season for $150K another big WTF from me here, they were all singing the Roosters praises about how shrewd the club is yet not once did any of them mention the fact that you cant just sign a player for whatever figure he is willing to accept, the contract MUST be based on fair market value HELLO he was on 5 million per year at the Toronto Wolfpack, hence, that is his current market value ffs and the good ole Rorters are going to sign him up for a measly 150K without one peep from the NRL???

This sport is fucked I’m sick of it!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whether the guy did the dirty or not, the point is CHN chose to run away from his team rather than stay and prove them all wrong to me this is the real issue IF he never did the crime! If is is true for him to say sorry, why would he say this if he was not guilty and if he is guilty, saying sorry is just a word, to prove that you are actually would mean to prove it and proving it means staying put and earning the trust back from your team mates

Do you agree?
Should I care about whether he was 'hardly done by' or not?

Going by what many have said, he'd already been warned twice before this event. He did something he shouldn't have. He knew that the Dogs really needed the players to behave as the world is always looking for our blood.

Had he come out and apologised. Had he come out and said he'd let his teammates down. Had he come out and said to his supporters that he screwed up. Had he said all of this and THEN said ... BUT! The club should've done more for me ...

I'd think a little differently. He didn't. Not in the slightest.

At no point has he really tried to do anything right by the club. By his teammates. By his coach (who got sacked & would've 100% gone better without all this drama). By the supporters.

NOTHING he says now will ever make me think he's anything but a ****. I'm not angry at him. He's gotta look after himself. But he's a **** for doing it this way, and anyone who tries to paint it differently is an idiot.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Do you agree?
If it turns out to be true that all he did was take a chick back to his room and have consensual sex with her who just happens to also teach at the school that some other bulldogs players attended for a promotion , Then i think the club should have treated him differently to Okunber.