News Gus v Tigers: The Luai Lottery goes into overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He lost the battle money wise and he lost the battle in convincing him to come for less. Also I only wanted him if we let go of Burton. Would have been a disaster for this team having both of them together
Yes I would have moved on Burton to sign Luai. Luai offers more and would have made Burton's 800K surplus to our needs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and your quote of “he chose not to sign Luai” is not speculation? He lost the battle money wise and he lost the battle in convincing him to come for less. Also I only wanted him if we let go of Burton. Would have been a disaster for this team having both of them together
My comments on here along with most are just speculation … same as what you’ve just mentioned above .. the difference is I’m ok to admit it.

There’s some on here that say we were never even seriously in the race, it was just media beat up .. unless someone has credible inside info, 99% of what’s being said about Luai and the Bulldogs is just speculation .. some just choose to use their speculation to suit their let’s bash Gus narrative again, but at the end of the day, only those in the inner circle really know what the true story is …

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My comments on here along with most are just speculation … same as what you’ve just mentioned above .. the difference is I’m ok to admit it.

There’s some on here that say we were never even seriously in the race, it was just media beat up .. unless someone has credible inside info, 99% of what’s being said about Luai and the Bulldogs is just speculation .. some just choose to use their speculation to suit their let’s bash Gus narrative again.
I’ve never unlike the rest of the muppets here who get a big head over having a source, had a source. It’s just an opinion on a discussion forum. You think he chose not to sign Luai i think it’s a mix of choosing not to pay the price and missing out on convincing him to come here. Anyway I always thought Luai was one of those signings that was too good to miss but did we really need him. If somehow Gus got him to come for cheaper and figure out the team structure and salary cap after situation. Would have been a fair few utilities leaving

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve never unlike the rest of the muppets here who get a big head over having a source, had a source. It’s just an opinion on a discussion forum. You think he chose not to sign Luai i think it’s a mix of choosing not to pay the price and missing out on convincing him to come here.
I appreciate your opinion, it’s what makes TK a great forum, doesn’t mean you or I are right, as we’re not in the inner circle …

Personally I don’t think Luai would have needed much convincing to come here with CC and his mates, I feel what the Tigers offered was silly money that he couldn’t turn down.

We both could be way of the mark on what really went down ..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Des created one of the most formidable packs with a very good backline but one of the weakest spines in the game (Reynolds). Gus has zero forwards, very average and unproven backline and the worst spine in the competition. I really do not know how he can fix this after missing out several times. He hasn’t started to prove for a minute he can turn this around
The squad he has assembled is absolutely putrid lol. How can we have butchered our recruitment so badly? It beggars belief.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion, it’s what makes TK a great forum, doesn’t mean you or I are right, as we’re not in the inner circle …

Personally I don’t think Luai would have needed much convincing to come here with CC and his mates, I feel what the Tigers offered was silly money that he couldn’t turn down.

We both could be way of the mark on what really went down ..
100% and his personality screams cash anyway and good luck to him. All of those Penrith players come from a unique perspective of it doesn’t matter if they don’t win another comp again in their career. I’d take the cash every time now. Non-winners might sacrifice

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des created one of the most formidable packs with a very good backline but one of the weakest spines in the game (Reynolds). Gus has zero forwards, very average and unproven backline and the worst spine in the competition. I really do not know how he can fix this after missing out several times. He hasn’t started to prove for a minute he can turn this around
Average backline?????? You serious or just having a dig.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The squad he has assembled is absolutely putrid lol. How can we have butchered our recruitment so badly? It beggars belief.
Hey Flan, the question of what’s happening with recruitment and why it’s tough at the moment has been answered for you by those in the know, many times, I’m surprised to find you asking that same question again ..

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Average backline?????? You serious or just having a dig.
Outside of Critta and a form reduced Fox (hope he can get it back) everyone else is unproven on a week in week out high level, plus we still don’t know who is playing where. So I would say it’s a fairly average backline

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dreaming said he would talk with his “insiders” to find out what happened with dogs and luai. But I’d like to know exactly who are these “insiders” he talks to.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Outside of Critta and a form reduced Fox (hope he can get it back) everyone else is unproven on a week in week our high level, plus we still don’t know who is playing where. So I would say it’s a fairly average backline
I’d say kiraz prove a fair bit personally.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d say kiraz prove a fair bit personally.
I still would not rate it a great backline, it’s a middle of the pack backline with a chance to be better if players move up a level and Ciraldo gets the positions right. Don’t see what the problem with the statement is lol

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s clear to me Luai got his nose out of joint long ago when the Panthers started renewing and upgrading contracts of his team mates first before him. Then came the Cleary comment. It’s an ego thing. He’s out to prove a point. And it starts with saying f$&k u to the panthers. I’m the biggest superstar. This is what I’m worth. I’m the 6 million dollar man bro. But I agree with others let’s close this thread and move on.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I still would not rate it a great backline, it’s a middle of the pack backline with a chance to be better if players move up a level and Ciraldo gets the positions right. Don’t see what the problem with the statement is lol
[/QUOTE
Are you serious our backline is probs only behind a fully fit panthers for quality. I would rate it well above the storms for example and storm make most people top 4. I think our backline is top 4 quality and better than most even top 4 sides for depth , problems in other areas let us down.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Xerri is unproven after 4 years, we have a South’s reserve grader in the frame, Kiraz is not proven for a full season but has the most potential without injury, Skelton is just a kid so far with zero stats in FG It has the most potential to take the next step but it’s not even close to being top 4 on the first day of football lmao. It’s middle of the pack like I said until it proves itself

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Outside of Critta and a form reduced Fox (hope he can get it back) everyone else is unproven on a week in week out high level, plus we still don’t know who is playing where. So I would say it’s a fairly average backline
Kiraz is a gun also go watch Tracey play at fullback, we have a very good backline.
Our main problem is the forwards, spine is ok sexton isn’t as bad as people say he is, burton this is his last chance at 5/8 he better improve
Or it’s back to centre.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kiraz is a gun also go watch Tracey play at fullback, we have a very good backline.
Our main problem is the forwards, spine is ok sexton isn’t as bad as people say he is, burton this is his last chance at 5/8 he better improve
Or it’s back to centre.
It’s definitely our strength and all I meant was at this exact moment it’s middle of the pack. Gus has set it up that if they take the next step it will be great but until it happens it’s still top 10 in the comp. I’m just terrified of these Ferraris sitting out wide and Burton can’t pass and Reed choosing the wrong side. It will be Josh Morris all over again

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Xerri is unproven after 4 years, we have a South’s reserve grader in the frame, Kiraz is not proven for a full season but has the most potential without injury, Skelton is just a kid so far with zero stats in FG It has the most potential to take the next step but it’s not even close to being top 4 on the first day of football lmao. It’s middle of the pack like I said until it proves itself
Skelton played 2 games in FG and average 150 meters

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hey Flan, the question of what’s happening with recruitment and why it’s tough at the moment has been answered for you by those in the know, many times, I’m surprised to find you asking that same question again ..
Because none of your answers are satisfactory, from where I'm standing.

We have missed several marquee props and a bunch of other more than handy ones. We have thrown money at players we don't need like Crichton and Kikau. We have signed a ridiculous over abundance of utilities. We have released very good local juniors. We have done nothing to address our biggest areas of concern and have missed key target after keytarget. Still you guys continue to make excuses and deny there is an issue.

Also, did you just have a shot at @Berries for claiming to have insider info (which he actually never did) and then casually drop the term "those in the know". Come on, fam.... you are veering into self parody now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.