Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If our centres & wingers are:

2. Kiraz
3. Crichton
4. Burton
5. JAC

Then that's the best centres & wingers combo in the NRL.
I honestly can’t see Ciraldo putting Burton at Centre.. not with the $$$ he’s on.

Burton needs to lift big time in 2024… both defensively & in attack! Week in week out, as a leader & one of the highest paid players in the club, it’s a must & hopefully with Jason Taylor on board as Assistant Coach, there can be no excuse.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus wouldn't offer Cleary anywhere near 1.5M. He'd first have to prove he wanted to leave the Panthers. His manager would need to call Gus because Gus isn't proactive in lifting the phone and Cleary would need to come to us for a few hundred grand less than he can get elsewhere because he wants to play for our great performing club
Relax princess.. I’m just using Cleary as a reference to Laui. It’s all good, you are part of the Rayanchero Gould hate, and that’s ok.

As far as I’m concerned the Gus hate is unjustified until we see how the club is heading in 24. If we fuckin suck and don’t at least compete week to week regardless of our roster, he will put himself in the crosshairs..

Until then, I am on the bus and supporting our club and you can either sook or support.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thank god it’s not us because of the $$$$ involved but I think he will be a good signing for the tigers. One of their better ones for a long time. All the best Jerome and hopefully the end of the Panthers dynasty

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t give the doomsayers oxygen mate.
I wasn’t doomsaying ffs. I said it’s middle of the road competition wise with potential to be good if they all improve and Ciraldo does his job. This has to be a trolling post from you

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Panthers now have the money to sign Terrell May to play a similar role to Lenui and help keep one May brother and maybe get another back from Super League. I really have grave concerns about Gus' recruitment as it just doesn't seem to prioritise spine or middles who can make a difference in winning us games. It reminds me of Des when we were more about being conservative and trying not to lose games rather than trying outright to win them.
I'm outraged also

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because none of your answers are satisfactory, from where I'm standing.

We have missed several marquee props and a bunch of other more than handy ones. We have thrown money at players we don't need like Crichton and Kikau. We have signed a ridiculous over abundance of utilities. We have released very good local juniors. We have done nothing to address our biggest areas of concern and have missed key target after keytarget. Still you guys continue to make excuses and deny there is an issue.

Also, did you just have a shot at @Berries for claiming to have insider info (which he actually never did) and then casually drop the term "those in the know". Come on, fam.... you are veering into self parody now lol.
Hey Flan, they weren’t my answers mate for you to be satisfied with, as stated they were answers from those that are a lot more in the know than most of us .. i.e paid club members who attend members meetings and hear what the plan is moving forward first hand from club management, which you’ve already admitted you’re not willing to be part of …

The narrative of we’ve missed several marquee players has always only been speculation based on media click bait to drive up prices or what’s been previously spruiked without any insider knowledge, there are other sides to that argument that have been put to you that you seem to turn a blind eye to.

I like the fact you question what’s currently happening within the club, so should we all … we all agree we need props, but weirdly enough you never seem to admit there might be reasons behind decisions that you and most of us don’t fully understand.

As for past comments between Berries and myself, we sorted that out between ourselves, no need for you to get involved ..

Love your passion for our Beloved club and questioning everything that’s being done from Gus, the coaching staff and management, have a little trust, it’s in good hands moving forward ..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hey Flan, they weren’t my answers mate for you to be satisfied with, as stated they were answers from those that are a lot more in the know than most of us .. i.e paid club members who attend members meetings and hear what the plan is moving forward first hand from club management, which you’ve already admitted you’re not willing to be part of …

The narrative of we’ve missed several marquee players has always only been speculation based on media click bait to drive up prices or what’s been previously spruiked without any insider knowledge, there are other sides to that argument that have been put to you that you seem to turn a blind eye to.

I like the fact you question what’s currently happening within the club, so should we all … we all agree we need props, but weirdly enough you never seem to admit there might be reasons behind decisions that you and most of us don’t fully understand.

As for past comments between Berries and myself, we sorted that out between ourselves, no need for you to get involved ..

Love your passion for our Beloved club and questioning everything that’s being done from Gus, the coaching staff and management, have a little trust, it’s in good hands moving forward ..
Good post this. Many could learn from your approach to discussing a topic, myself included

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's talk hypothetical as we all know I'd never get any inside info over here ...

Let's say tho, that Luai was really keen to come to the dogs in the early days.

So much so that he actually was seriously considering the price we put forward.

On hearing this the tigers raised there offer.

Luai tells the Tigers that his interested is peaked but his mind is with the Dogs.

the Dogs refuse to match the Tigers as they believe their offer is very good and that Luai is committed.

the Tigers up their offer.

Luai's head is turned. But not committed.

Dogs refuse to get into a bidding war and stick to their offer.

The Tigers up their offer a third time.

The Dogs pull out of the race.

Of course, this is hypothetical as there's no way I'd know what's going on ...

But does anyone honestly think in such a situation that the club should've raised the offer?

Nah. We were right to walk away and you all know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.