Official Gus on Twitter

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro in all seriousness, FOUR Super League clubs openly stated they would be interested in Thompson when he was over there for his mum. Why wouldn't he just go back and play in England and be with his mum if she isn't doing so well and might be near death?
This Thommo clown been out for three months from a head knock where he wasn't even knocked out..highest paid player and it is beyond a joke

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dunno but I’d rather his 800k off the books asap.

Not saying he is a baby. No doubt he’s not at all. Though something is wrong.

Kikau in next year means we can maybe play tpj and king upfront.

More worried who replaces Vaughan really.

Sutton is solid at best and not replacing Vaughan for me.

Fuck I hope Thompson is gone and haas is in [emoji23]
I want Payne Haas so bad and imagine this lineup. Thompson (700-800k) and Corey Allan (350-500k) is at least close to $1.3 million.

8. Payne Haas
Reed Mahoney
10. Tevita Pangai Junior
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Jeremiah Nanai
Max King

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I want Payne Haas so bad and imagine this lineup. Thompson (700-800k) and Corey Allan (350-500k) is at least close to $1.3 million.

8. Payne Haas
Reed Mahoney
10. Tevita Pangai Junior
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Jeremiah Nanai
Max King
Yeh Nanai I don’t see remotely on the radar but who knows. Not to mention 1.3 wouldn’t get haas and nanai. Would be 1.8+ I’d imagine.

Haas hopefully is and really should be.

Kikau and rfm give us enough strike on the edges. Rfm isn’t on big $ and offers something. Just needs to get a good run of luck and some glue on his hands.

Sutton might be alright to replace Jackson when he retires. Will see.

I am hoping Davey is signed on low deal

8. Haas
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Rfm/jacko if he has to start and rfm for impact
13. Pangai

14. Sutton
15. Davey
16. Jacko/rfm
17. Pele/patolo/edwards/matoka/topine /morrin

Kikau adds so much to our back row that with these kids and rfm and Pangai we got some actual impact.

Sutton can push up probably and cover that lock role to so he’s handy. Davey I think is a good benchie to. Jacko is on last legs next year and again if not captain I think he’s a squad player at best. The 17 is all kids to fight for.

King is our only good prop. Pangai could be pushed up for a year and use kikau and rfm with Jacko in 11-13.

Though we need that prop leader. I’d be going hard for haas. If that’s not realistic I’d go very hard for tapine. One of these 2 is a must for me and with Thompson going and the cap space we have from 24 on it’s surely high on the radar.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thompson is a pretty poor human
I mean that’s harsh. I’m as frustrated as you mate.

A pretty poor signing in our history? Sure.

We don’t know him to judge him as a human.

Could be a legend off the field. Could be extremely kind. Could be a complete **** lol. No idea.

Though he’s been a shit signing for us.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh Nanai I don’t see remotely on the radar but who knows. Not to mention 1.3 wouldn’t get haas and nanai. Would be 1.8+ I’d imagine.

Haas hopefully is and really should be.

Kikau and rfm give us enough strike on the edges. Rfm isn’t on big $ and offers something. Just needs to get a good run of luck and some glue on his hands.

Sutton might be alright to replace Jackson when he retires. Will see.

I am hoping Davey is signed on low deal

8. Haas
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Rfm/jacko if he has to start and rfm for impact
13. Pangai

14. Sutton
15. Davey
16. Jacko/rfm
17. Pele/patolo/edwards/matoka/topine /morrin

Kikau adds so much to our back row that with these kids and rfm and Pangai we got some actual impact.

Sutton can push up probably and cover that lock role to so he’s handy. Davey I think is a good benchie to. Jacko is on last legs next year and again if not captain I think he’s a squad player at best. The 17 is all kids to fight for.

King is our only good prop. Pangai could be pushed up for a year and use kikau and rfm with Jacko in 11-13.

Though we need that prop leader. I’d be going hard for haas. If that’s not realistic I’d go very hard for tapine. One of these 2 is a must for me and with Thompson going and the cap space we have from 24 on it’s surely high on the radar.
Papalii doesnt sound too keen going to tigers

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro in all seriousness, FOUR Super League clubs openly stated they would be interested in Thompson when he was over there for his mum. Why wouldn't he just go back and play in England and be with his mum if she isn't doing so well and might be near death?
Cant see him playing anywhere without a clearance for his noggin

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean that’s harsh. I’m as frustrated as you mate.

A pretty poor signing in our history? Sure.

We don’t know him to judge him as a human.

Could be a legend off the field. Could be extremely kind. Could be a complete **** lol. No idea.

Though he’s been a shit signing for us.
was just seeing if Actros was online

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Papalii doesnt sound too keen going to tigers
Would love but if he don’t go it’s to stay at the eels. Not here. Might be wishful thinking but with the talk of haas meeting with Gus. The request release earlier this year. Pangai him close. Him being a nsw boy. Realistically if Thompson goes he would be almost enough to cover haas request. Easy enough to find the balance anyway. The clear lack of prop leader with Vaughan going…

Dunno might be wishful thinking but I’d be prepared to cop 23 with tpj upfront with kikau here if it means 24 on we have haas (which is I think when his contracts up and Thompson is?)

Haas, tpj, rfm, kikau. That’s a devastating pack.

Again if he’s not realistic tapine is a must for me. We need that fucking prop leader and we are losing our best prop in Vaughan imo.

King is very serviceable and tpj might push up when kikau is here but I’d be going all in for haas.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the bub is remotely shaped like TPJ, I already feel sorry for his Mrs Pangai-Junior, as it'll be a massive unit.

As for Thompson, at this point in time he's been back in Australia like a month. I think the club need to speak out and actually let the fans know what the situation is. If its concussion still, must have been a Ponga like hit.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be interesting if Thompson plays in the world cup.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If the bub is remotely shaped like TPJ, I already feel sorry for his Mrs Pangai-Junior, as it'll be a massive unit.

As for Thompson, at this point in time he's been back in Australia like a month. I think the club need to speak out and actually let the fans know what the situation is. If its concussion still, must have been a Ponga like hit.
We watched the game. Nothing obvious stood out. Not to mention ponga had numerous issues in short time. I actually box and have for along time. Repeated concussions in short distances I completely understand why ponga is being rested and monitored e.g cordner, keary etc.

That said Thompson I have no doubt could have genuine issues but it’s got to a point I’m a little confused. He needs to be cleared but if some have stated he’s in full contact training then he’s cleared. Is it a mental thing? Is it his head is not right with family stuff (completely understand if his struggling with his mothers health) but if that’s the case I’d rather him in England to work through that rather than be here not playing anyway?

I don’t think it’s avoiding injury to sell him as his value would be low with the concern perceived around his head and he’s certainly not someone worth anywhere near what he’s on based on what we have seen in the nrl.

I can only thing he got cleared recently to be able to go full contact and they aren’t happy with his fitness? Though he seems super fit and not something I’d doubt and surely offers more than Fucking that spud Stimson.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love but if he don’t go it’s to stay at the eels. Not here. Might be wishful thinking but with the talk of haas meeting with Gus. The request release earlier this year. Pangai him close. Him being a nsw boy. Realistically if Thompson goes he would be almost enough to cover haas request. Easy enough to find the balance anyway. The clear lack of prop leader with Vaughan going…

Dunno might be wishful thinking but I’d be prepared to cop 23 with tpj upfront with kikau here if it means 24 on we have haas (which is I think when his contracts up and Thompson is?)

Haas, tpj, rfm, kikau. That’s a devastating pack.

Again if he’s not realistic tapine is a must for me. We need that fucking prop leader and we are losing our best prop in Vaughan imo.

King is very serviceable and tpj might push up when kikau is here but I’d be going all in for haas.
Someone said here about maguire met gus. Papalii said he signed because of maguire. Thats why i mentioned him.
More wishful thinking i guess