Official Gus on Twitter

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt but I'm convinced now Some thing is definately going on...
Bro in all seriousness, FOUR Super League clubs openly stated they would be interested in Thompson when he was over there for his mum. Why wouldn't he just go back and play in England and be with his mum if she isn't doing so well and might be near death?

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
True. Just like playing a home game against th Warriors at the cake tin in Wellington or Forsyth Barr in Dunedin.
My memory is not what it once was, but back when they were just the Auckland Warriors, I'd swear we played them in a Dogs home game in Wellington (Wellington NZ not Wellington NSW). If I am remembering it right, then dumb administrative decisions are not just a 2022 thing.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My memory is not what it once was, but back when they were just the Auckland Warriors, I'd swear we played them in a Dogs home game in Wellington (Wellington NZ not Wellington NSW). If I am remembering it right, then dumb administrative decisions are not just a 2022 thing.
Yeah we did mate. At least 3 times from memory, at Westpac Trust Stadium aka "The Cake Tin". Also as I said earlier we also played them at Forsyth Barr (indoor stadium) in Dunedin. Can't remember the exact year but Brett Morris was playing so it must have been between 2015 and 2018.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, that was the game just after the shooting in Christchurch NZ in 2019. Apparently, SBW was going to appear in the Dog's dressing room pre-game but went to see the victims instead.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah we did mate. At least 3 times from memory, at Westpac Trust Stadium aka "The Cake Tin". Also as I said earlier we also played them at Forsyth Barr (indoor stadium) in Dunedin. Can't remember the exact year but Brett Morris was playing so it must have been between 2015 and 2018.
That was rd3 2017

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will take their round three NRL Telstra Premiership clash with the New Zealand Warriors to Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin on Friday March 17 (8pm kick off NZST).

Following visits to Hamilton (2014), and Wellington (2016); the Bulldogs have gained a strong support base in New Zealand, partly due to the history of Kiwi greats, both past and present, including Jarrod McCracken, Darryl Halligan, Sam Perrett, Sam Kasiano,and Greg Eastwood.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh I gotta agree. I’m over this Thompson shit.

9 games now he’s missed from concussion? Yeh he can go. Time to move on from 800k or whatever actors said he’s actually on a year with us considering he’s been suspended, concussed more than he’s played for us.

He had very few high quality games. Some solid ones. More average. Even more out.

Time to move on for me.

Really hope his mother is ok and respect that and wish him and his family the best. Though no question this has now only slightly been better than a trex level failure for me.

Id say Foran was better even due to the fact when he played he was almost always our best.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I gotta agree. I’m over this Thompson shit.

9 games now he’s missed from concussion? Yeh he can go. Time to move on from 800k or whatever actors said he’s actually on a year with us considering he’s been suspended, concussed more than he’s played for us.

He had very few high quality games. Some solid ones. More average. Even more out.

Time to move on for me.
Who's gonna replace him? Everyone bags TPJ who tries his best and is already injured and is still playing. Thompson is a baby.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who's gonna replace him? Everyone bags TPJ who tries his best and is already injured and is still playing. Thompson is a baby.
Dunno but I’d rather his 800k off the books asap.

Not saying he is a baby. No doubt he’s not at all. Though something is wrong.

Kikau in next year means we can maybe play tpj and king upfront.

More worried who replaces Vaughan really.

Sutton is solid at best and not replacing Vaughan for me.

Fuck I hope Thompson is gone and haas is in