Official Gus on Twitter

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you feel what I feel ?
The pride of being a Canterbury supporter is finally coming back, for the first time in a long time I N:grinning:W look forward to the future :-)
Most Definately:grinning:

We've heard it all before. The Andersons most recently but now we have in place the best rugby league mind in the game who has done this all before and has the contacts and gravitas to make it happen.

The team is playing some great footy but with a long way to go but there's enough there to make us hopeful that those awful, dark days of being a deplorable uninspiring team are gone and a new era may be in its infancy :grinning:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are not trying to improve just for a season, we are trying to ensure the club never drops to the levels of recent years, ever again.

Love it :grinning:
"Technically" Gus may have a few irons in the fire eg head coach, assistants, high performance fitness trainers etc etc...a whole new regime and jig saw puzzle to co-ordinate with possibly several parties leaving their clubs who will be involved in this years run up to the finals and beyond.

Gus has said he will get it all in place to best help the new coach and staff and sort our weaknesses

It will all be presented in a well organised professional presentation when it's best placed to do so.

Be happy it's all in hand.

We wait :grinning:
We hear so many rumours, some will come true but what will eventually happen will be massive, I am not claiming to know the details.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We hear so many rumours, some will come true but what will eventually happen will be massive, I am not claiming to know the details.
Stop with your teasing already! ;)

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most Definately:grinning:

We've heard it all before. The Andersons most recently but now we have in place the best rugby league mind in the game who has done this all before and has the contacts and gravitas to make it happen.

The team is playing some great footy but with a long way to go but there's enough there to make us hopeful that those awful, dark days of being a deplorable uninspiring team are gone and a new era may be in its infancy :grinning:
100%
Gone are the days of Hitler Hasler the one who had us flying under the radar since 2013, or Lynne Anderson ( failed her apprenticeship at the Tities ) and Co. whose self ambitions overshadowed the urgent needs of the club !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100%
Gone are the days of Hitler Hasler the one who had us flying under the radar since 2013, or Lynne Anderson ( failed her apprenticeship at the Tities ) and Co. whose self ambitions overshadowed the urgent needs of the club !!!
Don't want to get into that cesspit argument again :grinning: but people get judged on results and the way they treat people and opportunities.

We seem to be in good hands with our Admin now and ready to go forward...even if some still try and muddy the waters. They are largely ignored.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't want to get into that cesspit argument again :grinning: but people get judged on results and the way they treat people and opportunities.

We seem to be in good hands with our Admin now and ready to go forward...even if some still try and muddy the waters. They are largely ignored.
I agree, hopefully this will soon become the forgotten past !

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are right - the humidity and temperature on the bright and sunny game day in Bundaberg, which is 1,275km north of Sydney would have been the same as in Sydney and the Bulldogs players who are based in Sydney, would not have noticed any difference.

And yes the Bulldogs travelling up to Bundaberg a few days early would have removed any and all effects of their playing and training in very cold temperatures in Sydney for many months.

Thanks for correcting me.
I never said it was the same. But your acting as though they were sent to play in an inferno. Theyre not cold blooded reptiles mate. We do have the ability to manage our body temperature in different environments.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I never said it was the same. But your acting as though they were sent to play in an inferno. Theyre not cold blooded reptiles mate. We do have the ability to manage our body temperature in different environments.
Wonder if Cowboys will be happy to take a home game against us to Dubbo..

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Comprehension agaain :grinning:

Said we were prob no chance this game.

I am saying it could jeopardise NEXT year if we are vying for a finals spot.

Playing a home game against a Qld team in Qld doesn't exactly "enhance" our chances.
True. Just like playing a home game against th Warriors at the cake tin in Wellington or Forsyth Barr in Dunedin.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to see how he goes now under Potts.
Bro, everyone would BUT we won't get a chance because there are only three games left after this round and he is still "suffering" from a concussion. He has been able to fly to England and back and recently travelled to QLD and now NZ but still can't play?
Enough is enough ... you call a spade a spade and a cat precisely what it is. It's been 8 weeks now.