Official Gus on Twitter

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If I ever need to see a neurosurgeon I’ll save money on seeing Charlie Teo and just come here :tearsofjoy:
I think the more confusion is based around if his head knock was this bad we would be receiving some updates and he wouldn’t be in full contact training.

Ponga received numerous head knocks that where quiet obvious in game (just because Thompsons wasn’t doesn’t make it any less serious) though full contact training is certainly a no go if your not cleared by the dr. As I said I’ve boxed for years mate and I know my fair share on headknocks.

The biggest frustration for the fans is his simply overpaid and not delivered at all on his deal for the current length. Paid to be the best prop in the game with haas type $ and not even the best 2 props at our club (Vaughan and king out preformed him Comfortably for Me and most id assume and that’s without the argument of what is tpj?)

Regardless if his head issues where still a major concern he isn’t in full contact training. No chance. So that’s clearly passed or people who said he is in full contact are simply incorrect)

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That said Thompson I have no doubt could have genuine issues but it’s got to a point I’m a little confused. He needs to be cleared but if some have stated he’s in full contact training then he’s cleared. Is it a mental thing? Is it his head is not right with family stuff (completely understand if his struggling with his mothers health) but if that’s the case I’d rather him in England to work through that rather than be here not playing anyway?

--
I can only thing he got cleared recently to be able to go full contact and they aren’t happy with his fitness? Though he seems super fit and not something I’d doubt and surely offers more than Fucking that spud Stimson.
It's entirely possible they are concerned about his mental state, but keeping him with the team / teammates for their comraderie. That said his partner is still out here with him (I think). He's with the team in Auckland as posted on insta earlier having dinner with Kiraz.

Bundle that with being a little out of match fitness, and the concussion lurking, and that might explain things.

I'm guessing it's a complicated combination of things for Luke, which is why it's not as simple as flying back and getting straight into it.

I really want to see him play a few games with our team though as I reckon our current playing style would suit his game really well. He's a mobile forward with decent footwork at the line and that's exactly what our current playing style favours.

Stimson had dicks for fingers last game. Dropped a sitter over the line. Our bench is complete arse.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's entirely possible they are concerned about his mental state, but keeping him with the team / teammates for their comraderie. That said his partner is still out here with him (I think). He's with the team in Auckland as posted on insta earlier having dinner with Kiraz.

Bundle that with being a little out of match fitness, and the concussion lurking, and that might explain things.

I'm guessing it's a complicated combination of things for Luke, which is why it's not as simple as flying back and getting straight into it.

I really want to see him play a few games with our team though as I reckon our current playing style would suit his game really well. He's a mobile forward with decent footwork at the line and that's exactly what our current playing style favours.

Stimson had dicks for fingers last game. Dropped a sitter over the line. Our bench is complete arse.
Mate agree 100% and don’t start me on Stimson.

He’s had 2 passable games in the last month and outside that is a fraud of a nsw cup footy player ffs. How the fuck that fat lazy **** has been picked so much says so much about the sad state of our roster for so long.

Thank fuck it’s the last season!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I want Payne Haas so bad and imagine this lineup. Thompson (700-800k) and Corey Allan (350-500k) is at least close to $1.3 million.

8. Payne Haas
Reed Mahoney
10. Tevita Pangai Junior
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Jeremiah Nanai
Max King
That’s unreal bro but I really think we need to develop our own Nanai. We can’t rely on buying high profile established first graders to fill every spot

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
That’s unreal bro but I really think we need to develop our own Nanai. We can’t rely on buying high profile established first graders to fill every spot
We have rfm whom while he isn’t nanai he can still be very very good forward and with a pack with tpj kikau king and one can pray haas im very confident would be a perfect 5th starting forward for us. We just urgently need to replace Vaughan with a leader and dominate prop. Thompsons $ with Vaughan’s should be that covered for haas and a minimum like pele.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate agree 100% and don’t start me on Stimson.

He’s had 2 passable games in the last month and outside that is a fraud of a nsw cup footy player ffs. How the fuck that fat lazy **** has been picked so much says so much about the sad state of our roster for so long.

Thank fuck it’s the last season!
Dropped a sitter over the line

We keep messing up easy tries v good opposition like RFM v sharks

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We have rfm whom while he isn’t nanai he can still be very very good forward and with a pack with tpj kikau king and one can pray haas im very confident would be a perfect 5th starting forward for us. We just urgently need to replace Vaughan with a leader and dominate prop. Thompsons $ with Vaughan’s should be that covered for haas and a minimum like pele.
I’m not sure where the balance of money is going and for what positions but I definitely agree we need a strong replacement for Vaughn. Even if it’s a no frills prop but somebody who can take a tough carry and get us moving forward. I suppose we have Sutton who I haven’t written off yet but he’s a bit underwhelming this year.