Good old $BW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's what all my mates have been saying via facebook but would have still been a lineout and relatively the same positional situation if he had've got touch as the clock wasn't up at the time.

I wuld've liked Slade AND Cruden but Donald's form for Waiakto meant he had to go.

I'm over the loss almost now though. Waikato got an even better last minute win over Auckland tonight so I'm still brimming after that.

P

Paint.

That's what all my mates have been saying via facebook but would have still been a lineout and relatively the same positional situation if he had've got touch as the clock wasn't up at the time.

I wuld've liked Slade AND Cruden but Donald's form for Waiakto meant he had to go.

I'm over the loss almost now though. Waikato got an even better last minute win over Auckland tonight so I'm still brimming after that.
Not necessarily true. When Beale picked up the ball and ran the metres, he took them to the 22. Had Donald found touch, line-out would've been past halfway, so Aus would have had to go 55 metres, not 22.

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lions lost so I'm not happy at all :( But as we said, an upset was needed. If this feels bad this year, I don't want to think about next yr

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lions lost so I'm not happy at all :( But as we said, an upset was needed. If this feels bad this year, I don't want to think about next yr
New Zealand will shut down if we don't do the job at the World Cup next year.

P

Paint.

Especially in front of their home crowd...

Imagine a loss like this in the WC Final at Eden Park... FFS LOL

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would not read the paper for a year after a home WC final loss. Would be hell. 8million pages of 'why it all went wrong'.

fobsicle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cried hard, like bawling hard, when we lost the 03 semi. Wiped tears onto the flag. Not something I want to repeat next year. You guys got tix to any RWC2011 games?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cried hard, like bawling hard, when we lost the 03 semi. Wiped tears onto the flag. Not something I want to repeat next year. You guys got tix to any RWC2011 games?
I got so depressed that I assured myself I'd quit playing rugby. That f*cking intercept!

07 was a little bit easier to handle, but it still hurt. Thought we should have won it anyway if I'm honest.

Problem is, the more we choke, the more pressure develops to win the big one. I hate how poor our World Cup record is.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why do scrums have to take at least 2 mins to go through. fcking sleepy sht.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why do scrums have to take at least 2 mins to go through. fcking sleepy sht.
The pitch had a lot to blame for that, it was an atrocious surface out there, still not rectified in the last 2 years. You could see how poor the quality of the ground was with all the scuffing areas where scrums went down.

I have to say, I love the new rules, has made rugby a much more exciting sport and nullified kicking the game into a borefest with the 22 rule.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fmd. Its every game i watch for union. Also, they need to change the rules on points for penalty goals. Fcks sake, every opportunity in the opposition half when there's a penalty is a kick at goal. Fcking shts me to tears this sport does sometimes.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They will never change the rules on penalty goals, they have changed some rulings on what is a penalty. People need to understand that league and rugby are different games. I find both equally exciting to be honest, maybe even a little more towards Rugby at the moment (the NRL is a mess which contributes to that).

Most people that ***** about penalties or scrums are often too ignorant to sit down and take everything in and understand the game. Rugby is very exciting right now in my opinion.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The pitch had a lot to blame for that, it was an atrocious surface out there, still not rectified in the last 2 years. You could see how poor the quality of the ground was with all the scuffing areas where scrums went down.

I have to say, I love the new rules, has made rugby a much more exciting sport and nullified kicking the game into a borefest with the 22 rule.
What did they change?

sirpartyman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They will never change the rules on penalty goals, they have changed some rulings on what is a penalty. People need to understand that league and rugby are different games. I find both equally exciting to be honest, maybe even a little more towards Rugby at the moment (the NRL is a mess which contributes to that).

Most people that ***** about penalties or scrums are often too ignorant to sit down and take everything in and understand the game. Rugby is very exciting right now in my opinion.

ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS! Someone ban this trolling fool from this site.....He's clearly stated that he enjoys yawnion more than the greatest game (the Nrl is a mess?why?How does the nrl contribute to the quality played on the league field?You fool yawnion has nothing on the greatest game!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What did they change?
There have been changes at the ruck area which speeds that area up and gives defenders more rights to the ball. They also made it so you can't pass back into the 22 and kick it out on the full, so there is less kicking for touch.

ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS! Someone ban this trolling fool from this site.....He's clearly stated that he enjoys yawnion more than the greatest game (the Nrl is a mess?why?How does the nrl contribute to the quality played on the league field?You fool yawnion has nothing on the greatest game!
Hi, would you like to take into account I said 'at the moment'? You're clearly a very unintelligent person who doesn't actually comprehend things, you just see a sentence then make your post. Dare I say it, what someone likes is purely opinion anyway.

And if you had have read what I said, you'd realise I was referring to the quality of play considering that was what I was talking about. Most people who are not complete ignorant retards like yourself would say that quality of the NRL was pretty poor this season, and I'm entitled to say that.

Also, please, before you post, kindly take into account the fact that I'm a born and bred All Blacks fan so I'm always going to like rugby.

Anything else dumb you wanna say mate?

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He ain't no troll. He's a kiwi. hth.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a bit unfair mate, he was born in NZ, they take union with mothers milk from the day they are born.

besides, if you watch union at the highest level it is a pretty good game. Less knock ons and better ball control. the defense is not as good as league though. Once you get used to there are a lot more penalties because of technical rules and a lot more advantage play ons, it is quite enjoyable

Status
Not open for further replies.