Good old $BW

Status
Not open for further replies.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I do wonder where he'll end up and what he is thinking (or what his management is thinking in this regard). There's not a lot more he can do in either code really, in terms of winning things. He has won a premiership in league, he's won the Rugby World Cup as an All Black. I guess the RLWC could be a target, but the tournament is hardly very prestigious.

I have my doubts over him staying here in NZ next year, as I'm sure most people do. I think the most likely destination is rugby in France where he'll probably go for massive money.
I guess it's a weighing up on lifestyle choice. Being close to family v huge money v whether or not he enjoys league more. Could go any way really.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess it's a weighing up on lifestyle choice. Being close to family v huge money v whether or not he enjoys league more. Could go any way really.
Bearing in mind he cannot play NRL for anyone other than us until 2013. So it's more 'being close to family' v 'huge money' at this particular stage.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
keeping his options open when he can come back to the NRL a free man. Wise choice.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
10. Aaron Cruden
12. Sonny Bill
13. Kahui
14. Masaga
15. Nanai-Williams

vs

10. Weepu
12. Nonu
15. Toeava

Some real quality in there.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This. Awesome post.
It was a dumb post... It's the guy's first year playing rugby in nz and he established himself as the second best inside centre in the country. What more do you want from a guy?

And anyone who has met or seen Sonny talk cannot come to the conclusion that he has an ego. That is just a media fabrication. The bloke knocked back massive money to play in NZ. He's playing another year. If he keeps going, he'll eventually cement his spot in the starting 15. He's an exceptional player, very humble, and a good human being. Can all the nonsense about his character finally stop?!!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a dumb post... It's the guy's first year playing rugby in nz and he established himself as the second best inside centre in the country. What more do you want from a guy?

And anyone who has met or seen Sonny talk cannot come to the conclusion that he has an ego. That is just a media fabrication. The bloke knocked back massive money to play in NZ. He's playing another year. If he keeps going, he'll eventually cement his spot in the starting 15. He's an exceptional player, very humble, and a good human being. Can all the nonsense about his character finally stop?!!
You're right, mate. I've never known a more selfless man. He only went to France so he had more money to donate to orphanages, right? He never. He never discusses "taking care of himself" or some such statements when justifying his money grab. In fact, he's only ever bigging himself up to raise his profile so that when his charity does indeed cure cancer, he can help as many people as possible.

Mandela's got nothing on that boy.

He's an exceptional player and an exceptional man. What the Nobel Prize committee were thinking overlooking him this year, I'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.