Golf R

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not going to find a golf R for $40k or under... unless you buy one with 100,000km.

You know what they say about a used golf R or subaru wrx etc..

A used wrx is a thrashed wrx. (Same with golf R)

If you have $40k to spend buy new.

Prob a new wrx or GTi at that money, maybe last of the holden commodfore ss. Dont try and be bigger than you are buying a used more expensive model only to get a used clapped out car.

Last edited:

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only Rexi I have ever liked.

Mabrook bro! (God bless it)

PS is that Merrylands? If it is then I'm pretty sure that brick house in the background is my wife's cousins house lol
Thanks for the nice words my brother.

And your close its guildford haha.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car @beastwood89 .. love that shape..

He could always rent one? As long as it fits an 75" Samsung on it he's set.
Thanks Mr.I, yeah they gave the MY18 a facelift compared to the 16-17 model, also bigger brake callipers 6 pot Brembos which are amazing.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Moey, I finally got the beast thanks for all the info and I absolutely love it....

Looking good brother. Congrats on the purchase. Yoi will love it more everyday. Now.i have to get off my ass and buy the Sti lip kit. Makes it look more sexy

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good brother. Congrats on the purchase. Yoi will love it more everyday. Now.i have to get off my ass and buy the Sti lip kit. Makes it look more sexy
Thanks brother, I brought the Sti MY18 got a good deal bro, and yeah the lip kit is a nice touch.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Got buzzed today by a brand new Audi R8 v10...

Not only do they absolutely take off like a rocket (0-100 in < 3.2 seconds), but fuck they sound good doing it.

That said not sure I could stomach the $400 asking price.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thanks brother, I brought the Sti MY18 got a good deal bro, and yeah the lip kit is a nice touch.
The My18 also has the updated front bar. Looks sexier and more aggressive. Are you planning on doing any work to it

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The My18 also has the updated front bar. Looks sexier and more aggressive. Are you planning on doing any work to it
Yeah it has the facelift, and not planning on doing anything to it as of now once warranty expires by then i would have saved up some cash and maybe stage 2 but not gonna do anything while I have the warranty.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I sold mine for 36k MK7
Not going to find a golf R for $40k or under... unless you buy one with 100,000km.

You know what they say about a used golf R or subaru wrx etc..

A used wrx is a thrashed wrx. (Same with golf R)

If you have $40k to spend buy new.

Prob a new wrx or GTi at that money, maybe last of the holden commodfore ss. Dont try and be bigger than you are buying a used more expensive model only to get a used clapped out car.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pick up my VE SS next Saturday. 10k spent on the motor. At the moment it is de-tuned down to a safe 387rwkws. Lumpy AF and sounds like WW3 when you put your foot down. Walkinshaw in Newcastle say they can re-tune it to back up to about 430-450rwkws.

Can't wait to eat up and embarrass all those expensive Euro cars lol

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Got buzzed today by a brand new Audi R8 v10...

Not only do they absolutely take off like a rocket (0-100 in < 3.2 seconds), but fuck they sound good doing it.

That said not sure I could stomach the $400 asking price.
I'll be hunting those cars soon lol

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pick up my VE SS next Saturday. 10k spent on the motor. At the moment it is de-tuned down to a safe 387rwkws. Lumpy AF and sounds like WW3 when you put your foot down. Walkinshaw in Newcastle say they can re-tune it to back up to about 430-450rwkws.

Can't wait to eat up and embarrass all those expensive Euro cars lol
Unless its supercharged+cammed it wont be making that sort of power.

The euros will still spank you, they get their power down beautifully.

I took on a VE Ss that had some work done to it in a stock AMG C63.. the AMG just hooked up and disappeared from it. The VE was all crossed up smoking tyres.

Maybe on a drag strip with slick tyres your walkinshaw will be quick but on street even a GOLF R will make minced meat of a walkinshaw VE, dont even dream of hunting down an Audi R8.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I took on a VE Ss that had some work done to it in a stock AMG C63.. the AMG just hooked up and disappeared from it. The VE was all crossed up smoking tyres.

Maybe on a drag strip with slick tyres your walkinshaw will be quick but on street even a GOLF R will make minced meat of a walkinshaw VE, dont even dream of hunting down an Audi R8.
Of course it's cammed you imbecile.

Please don't comment when you have NFI.

@Boxer has a Corolla that munches Ferraris.

Fkn lol @ not dreaming of hunting an R8. I'll be hunting down one next Sunday as I'll line up my cousins one.

PS I'm sure the VE you drove wasn't TUNED DOWN to 387rwkw's either. Not all cars are worked and tuned the same. Mine has 10k spent just on the engine, not including all the running gear to get every KW down on the road. The AMG is biturbo and pumps out 375fwkw's. Already have that covered at my rear wheels. Also the C63 starts at about 160k. Mine, even with the mods added to it is only 5th of the price. Plus you were driving, you would still lose in a Bugatti.

PPS to save you googling, rwkw's means rear wheel kilowatts and fwkw's mean fly wheel kilowatts. I can post the dyno papers when I pick her up next week to prove you're a moron if you wish?

So sit down in your rented home fatty and watch you 10 inch TCL tv.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To basically sum it up, if im happy with my beast that can beat or at least keep up with 99.5% of the cars on the road, why do you care?

I bought the car because I wanted it, not to impress other people. Especially net heroes.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To basically sum it up, if im happy with my beast that can beat or at least keep up with 99.5% of the cars on the road, why do you care?

I bought the car because I wanted it, not to impress other people. Especially net heroes.
If my 1984 Nissan Exa was still on the road, it would be in the 0.5% you cant beat... haha

Congrats on the car bro, but its still a dunnydore.. haha, my brother had a VE and it looked good and tough until some p Plater smashed into him and wrote it off, he hated the fact i didnt like his car and i called it a dunnydore.. haha

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Mate had an Ve r8 , all he done was cam and a full exhaust system made 500bhp at the wheels thing was a monster.