GIVE THE STORM THE TROPHY NOW !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Jump ship ? I've been saying it's Melbourne then daylight !
No team can concede 50 and win a premiership. Brisbane are Melbourne's bitches. They smacked their arses at Suncorp this year.
Bennett has a habit of getting his teams to lose one just before the semis so they aren't coming in on a long winning streak. May have overdone it a bit last night but watch them next week. They will be a different side - although the loss of Sims might hurt them. They don't have much size as it is and he is their main go to guy.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bennett has a habit of getting his teams to lose one just before the semis so they aren't coming in on a long winning streak. May have overdone it a bit last night but watch them next week. They will be a different side - although the loss of Sims might hurt them. They don't have much size as it is and he is their main go to guy.
I don't buy that long winning streak nonsense as the Storm will prob prove

I remember 2012 Des rested a few v Raiders we lost which ended a long win streak

Didn't win the GF

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't buy that long winning streak nonsense as the Storm will prob prove

I remember 2012 Des rested a few v Raiders we lost which ended a long win streak

Didn't win the GF
I didn't say it was the most successful strategy of all time, only one that Bennett has employed for a lot of years. He rarely has a team going into the semis with more than a couple of consecutive wins. Still, from memory I think the longest winning streak to win the comp in modern times is less than 10 so there must be something to it.

Chew Rabbit

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance a team outside the top 4 makes the GF this year. Wouldn't be surprised seeing the Eels or Panthers making it but they'll get belted by the storm, it will be like our 98 GF.
I agree I think your 5th or 6th isn't too bad you get a home semi and if u win you get to play the loser next week ,I'm thinking Storm v 5 or 6 GF

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only injuries or referees guna stop storm from taking the silverware

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will bust the storms ass's wide open, they are chumps compared to the mighty eels.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We will bust the storms ass's wide open, they are chumps compared to the mighty eels.
Do you mean at Footy or cheating the salary cap. :smirk: :tonguewink:

Last edited:

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do you mean at Footy & cheating the salary cap. :smirk: :tonguewink:
The kents cheated us out of the 2009 GF and we are going to hurt them very badly this year as punishment.
Seriously they are massive pretenders and will be absolutely shitting themselves at the prospect of playing us.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The kents cheated us out of the 2009 GF and we are going to hurt them very badly this year as punishment.
Seriously they are massive pretenders and will be absolutely shitting themselves at the prospect of playing us.
Lol ok settle down eels can't even beat Newcastle let a lone Melbourne.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol ok settle down eels can't even beat Newcastle let a lone Melbourne.
Im pretty confident we'd smash the All blacks in a rugby match atm Boxer, we will put the storm in a world of hurt.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im pretty confident we'd smash the All blacks in a rugby match atm Boxer, we will put the storm in a world of hurt.
And then you will wake up & realise it was a dream.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got rorted big time in 2009. Worst one I've ever seen, Eels come up against any other team in the GF and they win it kind of like us in 2012. The last team you want to meet in a final is Melbourne. They wrestle to the extreme while Cam Smith refs and frustrates the opposition teams. I hope you beat them this year but my head says it won't happen.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone thinks the Sharks can't do it back to back without Ennis but they are lucky to have Segy slot straight in and I reckon they can do it if they can find the outright desire.
They did it last year because they hadn't won it in so long but if they dig deep.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kenny Edwards brain snap to cost you guys the game!
That bloke is a fuckingwit of the highest order

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you'd have a better chance beating them in the Sydney GF then in Melbourne. Might have to do what the Cows did in 2015, losing to the Broncos and then beating them in the GF.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not yet, most NSW people just hate Wally Lewis and Broncos, be a smart fuck and we just love love to stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.