GIVE THE STORM THE TROPHY NOW !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sharks vs storm GF - storm will win no matter who they face! Sharks are able to match storm's dirtiness!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Storm Broncos GF with Storm winning in a close one. I will laugh if Roosters finish 3rd and face Broncos at Suncorp again, the Pearce hoodoo will continue.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Penny Panthers are going to win.
Panthers are the biggest fools gold team in the NRL.
They havent beaten a top 8 team all year.
The only top 8 team they have beaten are the Sea Eagles behind a 14-4 penalty count at home and try that should never have been allowed.
They were behind the Cowboys then then the Cows got injury ravaged...lost Morgan etc etc.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any team can beat any team, on their day.
That's the reason a finals series is so shit. If you've been the best team all year, you should win.
The storm are easily the best team in the comp, but are by no means shoo-ins for the title.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Storm havent been playing with their full strength lineup aswell.

They have choked a few times in the finals but with

Slater at fullback, two fast wingers, Munster the next GOAT in the 6, Cronk in the 7 (who will be determined to go out with a bang), the current GOAT in Smith in 9 and a pretty useful forward back - they are going to be hard to beat.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers are the biggest fools gold team in the NRL.
They havent beaten a top 8 team all year.
The only top 8 team they have beaten are the Sea Eagles behind a 14-4 penalty count at home and try that should never have been allowed.
They were behind the Cowboys then then the Cows got injury ravaged...lost Morgan etc etc.
Couldn't have said it any better, and I actually had them in my top 4 at the start of the year. Penrith have done well to recover but won't threaten.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any team can beat any team, on their day.
That's the reason a finals series is so shit. If you've been the best team all year, you should win.
The storm are easily the best team in the comp, but are by no means shoo-ins for the title.
True . The Roosters were the best team in 2015. Won 11 in a row heading into the finals. Beat Manly 46-10 at Brookvale Souths 30-0 and lost by 2 to the Storm in the 1 v 4 and never recovered.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You are not seriously comparing Parramatta 2001 & Melbourne 2017?
Parramatta won the minor premiership but were no way streets ahead of the next.
Manly 1995 id agree with. They were easily the best side that year but someone lost to the Sydney Bulldogs courtesy of a few horrendous referring calls.
In 2001, Parramatta finished 1st on 42 points. We finished 2nd on 37 points. They also beat us once and drew with us once. We never beat them and finished 2nd on the ladder. Anyone who was around in 2001 will tell you the title was the Eels for the taking.

As for 1995, yes 2 incorrect try calls, but how about the incorrect no try given to Matt Ryan? He had a try fair and square. Also Manly never breached our line and never looked like scoring. They only got on the scoreboard thanks to 2 penalties.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Broncos are looking the most likely challenger but they need to hope Storms big 3 all get good poisoning the night before the GF to have any chance

Everyone else making up the numbers
Yeh im thinking for a while now its a storm vs broncos gf with storm winning

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember The Eagles winning the minor premiership by 10 points in the early 80's and demolishing the Eels in the semis. Grand final day they weren't in the race. Hard to imagine the Storm not winning but I couldn't see anyone demolishing the very strong Rooters pack a couple of years back yet the Bunnies cleaned them right up.

Cam Smith hardly ever gets injured but at his age he is getting closer every game to one.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought the broncos were a contender but after tonight yeah just hand to it melbourne now and let everyone else play for second

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brisbane are now officially gone. The only team that can stop the storm are Cronulla.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
So long as parra don't win it then I don't care who else does. . Parra winning the GF this year would be rubbing salt in our wounds after the shit season we've had

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Brisbane are now officially gone. The only team that can stop the storm are Cronulla.
Jeez you jump ship quick. Every year Bennett does this to his team just before the semis, first to make sure they don't have to win 10 in a row to win the comp and second just to give them a kick in the backside. You can bet Bennett gave them a light week this week and it showed on the paddock. I'd be more inclined to say that the Eels just played their GF and will go backwards from here.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sharks or Panthers - wouldn't mind one of them winning.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL dictate who wins usually via the refs etc.

Couple of years ago it was the Souths "Fairytale", last year it was the Cronulla "History".

I thought they would have let Titans win this year as they want the game to be big in the gold coast plus you have the Hayne "The Return" story. Guess he pissed them off too so they said fuck him and the Titans.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez you jump ship quick. Every year Bennett does this to his team just before the semis, first to make sure they don't have to win 10 in a row to win the comp and second just to give them a kick in the backside. You can bet Bennett gave them a light week this week and it showed on the paddock. I'd be more inclined to say that the Eels just played their GF and will go backwards from here.

Jump ship ? I've been saying it's Melbourne then daylight !
No team can concede 50 and win a premiership. Brisbane are Melbourne's bitches. They smacked their arses at Suncorp this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.