Give moses the leagues club

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if Moses re-signs with Parra we should have a sign making completion for every time we play Parra.

I will start, my first banner will be a picture of of a window with bars on it that says “Hey Bitchel, your window is closed 4 ever”

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope....you are just a typical hatter who needs a scapegoat.... he played better than Burton, baby!
Sorry Flange but unfortunately you’ll be gone as soon as anyone that resembles a decent #7 is ready to take your spot. We’ll make sure you get at least a few games to get cement your spot in reserves and that will be the end of it baby!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should have just not wasted money of Crichton and we'd almost be there.
I’m not going to make anymore comments reg Crichton, I’ve already said it was ridiculous to give someone who’s untested at fb that kind of $$$ and that the games he has played in the fb position have been sub par at best, yet our club decided to give him Munster / Latrell kind of $$$

NoChance

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is like 7 special half-backs in the NRL. It's the games most important position. Seriously if we swap him for Flanagan we are a top 6 team and Eels struggle make the 8. Critchon and Flanagan together will make $1.2M you telling me you won't swap them both for Moses.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thinking Gus wants to try nurture a half instead of buying one might be wrong considering Flangi somehow some way is our starting halfback.

Moses isn’t worth 1.3 mil only reason his valued at that is due to the quality of halves in the comp. If there were 2 or 3 better halves then him he would be lucky to be worth over a mil. Though looking at it we need a half desperately if we want to be a top 4 side, time will tell a spine of Burton, Mahoney and Crichton is crying out for a dominant halfback. Honestly highest we’re going in the comp is the 8 to 6 in 24 without a competent 7.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said a while ago that we'd need to offer $1.3 million or more to get him. I'm glad we didn't because he's not worth that kind of money.
Maybe maybe not. I doubt we would ever be in that price range but if we were in the same area as Parra money we were a chance because of our upside premiership wise.

Perhaps Gus is all in on the QLD rookie we paid for but if he has we are looking more like 2025/26 than 2024 for a premiership.

NoChance

Waterboy
Reaction score
Also the cap went up by $2.5M this year and will continue to grow in 2 years it will be actually are very good deal.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe maybe not. I doubt we would ever be in that price range but if we were in the same area as Parra money we were a chance because of our upside premiership wise.

Perhaps Gus is all in on the QLD rookie we paid for but if he has we are looking more like 2025/26 than 2024 for a premiership.
Agree on 25/26 we’re not even getting a sniff of a premiership without a proper halfback. Patience is key atleast we’re on the way up wind it back a few years and the future looked blank.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can only assume Gus is eyeing an English 7 cause we pulled out of Moses and at 1.25mil to stay at the eels he probz wanted that or more here so I don’t blame him pulling out. He isn’t worth that. I’d honestly rather we went at hynes and offered him 1.1-1.2 ffs.

George Williams probz comes for 600k if he wants to come to aus.

That welsby looked something special and he would no doubt jump at 800k….

Anyway I dunno the plan. Karl could be it but I can’t imagine Gus wanting to wait 3-4 years for Karl to be ready while we are free of flopagun next year.

The fact he said we have 650k cap now could mean he’s eyeing something for 23.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It comes back to how disappointing Burton is at 5/8th.

He was outplayed by JR, Flanno and even Rajab in the short time he was on.

It's really worrying. The more Burton fails to fire at 5/8th the more scrutiny the halfback cops. It's abit unfair.

One of your halves has to play like the elite and dominant half. At the moment it should be Burton. But it's not.